Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 23:25 - Jun 30 with 3522 viewsMetallica_Hoop

From Guns N Roses

Did anyone else go? I thought they were great.

Axl can't hit the notes he did 30 years ago but he had a good go in places.

Name a band that hasn't released an album in 30 years and still fills stadiums/fields.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 23:32]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Just Back on 23:34 - Jun 30 with 3473 viewsFDC

"had a good in places" is there with "bright boy could try harder"
Just Back on 23:35 - Jun 30 with 3466 viewsFDC

"no I know he tried to bite the teacher but he had a good go in places"

Just Back on 23:44 - Jun 30 with 3442 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just Back on 23:34 - Jun 30 by FDC

"had a good in places" is there with "bright boy could try harder"

I remember you (like the Skid Row track)

If you have nothing constuctive to say get the feck out of my thread.

Alles Klar?

Just Back on 00:02 - Jul 1 with 3400 viewsPaddyhoops

Was at Gregory Porter in the Royal Albert hall and ran into thousands of G and R fans on the way home . Blue lights everywhere but everybody generally good natured.
Hope you had a good gig.
Porter not much cup of tea but missus paddy loves him . Having said that .. great show.
Just Back on 00:33 - Jul 1 with 3362 viewshamptonhillhoop

I think The Smiths would if they didn't all hate each other.
Off to see Pulp at Finsbury park tomorrow. 60,000 tickets sold apparently
Just Back on 02:03 - Jul 1 with 3288 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

I went tonight. Thought they were excellent, Axl sounded great, as they all did. The overall sound was far better than when they played at Tottenham as well, which helped!
Just Back on 06:52 - Jul 1 with 3187 viewsGloucs_R

I went to see them last year at Tottenham. They came on an hour and a half late, did a smaller set and his voice was a bit ropey. Half the audience didn't get out of their seats.

But my God, did I love it. My favorite rock band of all time and I'm glad I got to see them live.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just Back on 08:07 - Jul 1 with 3089 viewsNed_Kennedys

Anyone else see them at Hammie Odeon in 87 just as they were breaking? Remember they did their set and left the stage, most of the crowd left then they returned what seemed like ages later for the latest encore ever. Brilliant gig at their peak.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 08:17 - Jul 1 with 3081 viewsMonkey_Roots

Saw them at MK Bowl early 90’s - Blind Melon, Soul Asylum and The Cult were supporting.

Amazing.
Just Back on 08:26 - Jul 1 with 3064 viewscpgerber

Its the sort of signing we should be making. Ticks a lot of boxes of our "tranfer model".

Carlton Morris also came from Barsnley just a year ago.
Just Back on 09:29 - Jul 1 with 2973 viewsSonofpugwash

Small gigs all the rage again,Hendrix,Cream ,Jeff Beck all started out in places like this.My old stamping ground of The Beaverwood,Chislehurst....

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Just Back on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 2726 viewsMoonshineSteve

Go to The Beaverwood fairly often. Good venue.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Just Back on 09:06 - Jul 2 with 2684 viewsTW_R

Damn - I was going to ask if you were going Met and completely forgot! Would have been great to meet up.

I thought they were good too. Excellent sound and I wasn’t really expecting much from Axl, but he was far better than expected. Dirty Honey were really good too, although the sound was awful.
Just Back on 09:08 - Jul 2 with 2682 viewsTW_R

Just Back on 08:17 - Jul 1 by Monkey_Roots

Saw them at MK Bowl early 90’s - Blind Melon, Soul Asylum and The Cult were supporting.

Amazing.

That’s a great lineup! Would love to have seen Blind Melon. Saw Soul Asylum at Camden Underworld early 90s who were great. Saw the Cult on their Sonic Temple tour - not so great.
Just Back on 10:00 - Jul 2 with 2630 viewsMonkey_Roots

Just Back on 09:08 - Jul 2 by TW_R

That’s a great lineup! Would love to have seen Blind Melon. Saw Soul Asylum at Camden Underworld early 90s who were great. Saw the Cult on their Sonic Temple tour - not so great.

Blind Melon singer fell off the stage.

They were all really decent.

We were not too far from the front, right up until The Cult came on, they said something about the only British band on the tour, and then everyone went absolutely mental - fighting, throwing stuff at each other - we got away pretty sharpish, and ended up on one of the banks to the side.
Just Back on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 2624 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just Back on 09:06 - Jul 2 by TW_R

Damn - I was going to ask if you were going Met and completely forgot! Would have been great to meet up.

I thought they were good too. Excellent sound and I wasn’t really expecting much from Axl, but he was far better than expected. Dirty Honey were really good too, although the sound was awful.

Yeah Dirty Honey were really good, reminded me of the Black Crowes at their best with other elements thrown in.

Just as well as the bar queue I joined typically had the slowest barmaid. People who started behind in other queues go to the bar well before me The beer was good though!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 10:09]

Just Back on 08:54 - Jul 4 with 2364 viewsBluce_Ree

"Name a band that hasn't released an album in 30 years and still fills stadiums/fields."

The Cure. Well, that's a lie. They had albums in 2004 and 2008 but they've not had a good album since 1992, and certainly that was the last time they had a hit single.

I really liked Appetite for Destruction when it came out. But UYI 1+2 did nothing for me.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Just Back on 12:48 - Jul 4 with 2283 viewsNewYorkRanger

I was there on Friday and thought they were great. Seen them many times over the years and thought the Hyde Park gig was their best since Slash and Duff rejoined - apart from perhaps Lincoln Field Philadelphia in 2016. The sense of anticipation at that one was electric.

Interesting to see a few here who rated the MK Bowl one in 93 - I was at that one and thought it was dreadful. Each to their own I guess

Glory hunter, me

Just Back on 15:37 - Jul 6 with 2139 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Anybody going to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band today .Its worth it despite the prices and static setlist not many tours left I suspect
Just Back on 16:19 - Jul 6 with 2089 viewsBushRanger82

Once none of them accidently spat out their dentures.
Just Back on 15:40 - Jul 11 with 1919 viewsTacticalR

Went to the Lana Del Rey concert on Sunday (the final day of the BST Hyde Park series).

Quite a diva. She had her hair done on stage between songs.

Not many older people around, and most of the ones that were there were parents.

Beer was West End prices: £6.95 for London Pride.

Review for those interested:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66152258

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024