Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flashman 23:26 - Jul 6 with 1290 viewsBlackCrowe

Been listening to the Flashman series on audible....what a rogue, what detailed history, what writing (the guy narrating is great too). So politically incorrect. Anyone else read or listened.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Flashman on 01:15 - Jul 7 with 1210 viewsBoston

Two tickets, Loftus Rd, with leg room..you're 'aving a laugh.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Flashman on 02:22 - Jul 7 with 1173 viewsCiderwithRsie

Have loved the Flashman books for decades - my old dad was a big fan. I love the quality of the research, including the neat way that every now and again the footnotes say that Flashman is actually misremembering something...

Funnily enough, just started to re-read "Flashman's Lady", inspired by The Ashes - in case you've not got that far in the series, it starts with a great account of the skulduggery of Victorian cricket. Our anti-hero, star fast-bowler in an invitation playing Kent (apparently the top county side of the day) takes a hat-trick - one by luck, one by pure skill, the third one by rampant cheating. He then retires "hurt" to preserve his average.
Flashman on 08:54 - Jul 7 with 1057 viewsBlackCrowe

Flashman on 02:22 - Jul 7 by CiderwithRsie

Have loved the Flashman books for decades - my old dad was a big fan. I love the quality of the research, including the neat way that every now and again the footnotes say that Flashman is actually misremembering something...

Funnily enough, just started to re-read "Flashman's Lady", inspired by The Ashes - in case you've not got that far in the series, it starts with a great account of the skulduggery of Victorian cricket. Our anti-hero, star fast-bowler in an invitation playing Kent (apparently the top county side of the day) takes a hat-trick - one by luck, one by pure skill, the third one by rampant cheating. He then retires "hurt" to preserve his average.

Yep Flashman's Lady is one of the best i've read/listened to. As is the Mountain of Light.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024