Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? 13:18 - Jun 6 with 7399 viewsG_Ottershaw

Looking at its alleged capabilities, can't help thinking in years to come it could take away alot of administrative roles. As long as it can tell you how it has arrived at a decision, the positives and the negatives - then i guess it would just need someone at the end of the chain to say 're-evaluate' or 'verified' ?
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 13:36 - Jun 6 with 5181 viewsBluce_Ree

It's like these c*nts never watched The Terminator.

AI will eventually shit on all our chips.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 5145 viewsSimonJames

Total game changer!
It's already taking away a lot of administrative roles, particularly research roles. It's also scarily good at coding. About 20% of companies are looking for ChatGPT experience in their job specs.
It needs someone to ask the right questions (Prompt Engineer) and, if you think of most outputs as being a "first draft", then copy editing skills are highly desirable.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 13:51]

100% of people who drink water will die.

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 14:51 - Jun 6 with 5076 viewsdannyblue

The challenge for GPT is to fix its 'hallucinations'. Or what we might call its tendancy to make shit up.

Ask it to summarise a topic you know something about. It'll do it really quite well at a shallow level. Ask it to recommend something to read to learn more and it will make up books and authors and articles.

That's because it doesn't 'know' what it's saying...it's simply statistically predicting what the next word 'should' be based on what the next word normally is in all the data it's been trained on. That's all it does.

And the data it's trained on is basically the internet at September 2021. But it doesn't have a way of judging which material is good and which is bad or false. To be fair that's hard for humans too.

It gets more interesting if you can train it, or something like it, on a curated dataset which includes some kind of valid value judgement for each piece of content. But that curation is hard work.
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 15:07 - Jun 6 with 5050 viewsSimonJames

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 14:51 - Jun 6 by dannyblue

The challenge for GPT is to fix its 'hallucinations'. Or what we might call its tendancy to make shit up.

Ask it to summarise a topic you know something about. It'll do it really quite well at a shallow level. Ask it to recommend something to read to learn more and it will make up books and authors and articles.

That's because it doesn't 'know' what it's saying...it's simply statistically predicting what the next word 'should' be based on what the next word normally is in all the data it's been trained on. That's all it does.

And the data it's trained on is basically the internet at September 2021. But it doesn't have a way of judging which material is good and which is bad or false. To be fair that's hard for humans too.

It gets more interesting if you can train it, or something like it, on a curated dataset which includes some kind of valid value judgement for each piece of content. But that curation is hard work.

I have a beta extension to my version which uses Bing, so the September 2021 restriction no longer applies.

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 15:53 - Jun 6 with 5008 viewssixnil

Steven Bartlett has done an EMERGENCY podcast with Mo Gawdat on Dairy of a CEO. Worth a listen as this guy was the Chief Business Officer at Google X.
Scary stuff!!
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 15:56 - Jun 6 with 5001 viewsGloucs_R

For my sins I work in AI, Analytics and Data Science.

It will change the world! For the good? Hmmm, I have my own personal opinion which I'm not going to put online 😉

Poll: Are we staying up?

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 16:02 - Jun 6 with 4984 viewsBluce_Ree

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 15:56 - Jun 6 by Gloucs_R

For my sins I work in AI, Analytics and Data Science.

It will change the world! For the good? Hmmm, I have my own personal opinion which I'm not going to put online 😉

YOU ARE LITERAL SKYNET!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 16:12 - Jun 6 with 4963 viewsClive_Anderson

I find it very useful at work and the code it can produce is actually pretty good most of the time. It can be crap of course, but then so can most people's code.

I can see it putting me out of a job in the next 5 years though (if it hasn't killed us all first).
Login to get fewer ads

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 16:37 - Jun 6 with 4922 viewsCateLeBonR

I read this article in the Evening Standard a while back.

“Artificial intelligence is best understood as like electricity. It is applicable to almost everything”

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/ai-revolution-impact-on-geopolitics-nuclear-c
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 4896 viewsGloucs_R

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 16:02 - Jun 6 by Bluce_Ree

YOU ARE LITERAL SKYNET!

What a film that was!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:05 - Jun 6 with 4787 viewsHAMRanger

Can we ask AI to coach the 1st team?
Might be worth GA spending sometime learning ChatGPT?
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:15 - Jun 6 with 4766 viewslondonscottish

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 14:51 - Jun 6 by dannyblue

I work in a company providing compliance solutions to banks and all the suppliers I know are talking this stuff in-house.

So you use the same (or similar) prompt, language understanding and language generation tools that something ChatGPT uses but crucially, your train on your own data not whatever half-baked stuff lives on the internet.

I've started to use it almost daily to figure out how to think about various business and regulatory problems the banks have and finding the appropriate solution lurking somewhere in my organisation.

One of my customers asked me earlier if we did sentiment analysis. I didn't have a scoobie, asked the gen AI thing and got an instant and accurate answer.

We'll start building it into some of our products next. It's handy is used correctly.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:22 - Jun 6 with 4748 viewsstevec

‘One AI program spoke in a foreign language it was never trained to know. This mysterious behaviour, called emergent properties, has been happening — where AI unexpectedly teaches itself a new skill.

Be afraid.
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:24 - Jun 6 with 4741 viewsSimonJames

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:05 - Jun 6 by HAMRanger

Can we ask AI to coach the 1st team?
Might be worth GA spending sometime learning ChatGPT?

[Prompt] "You are Pep Guardiola, the manager of Manchester City football team. Give me a tactical plan to run a successful football team."

[Answer] "As an AI, I'm not Pep Guardiola, but I can certainly share some insights based on his coaching philosophy and tactics. Here are some key points that Guardiola might consider when running a successful football team:

1. Possession-Based Football: Pep Guardiola's teams often dominate possession in matches. The philosophy is that the more a team has the ball, the more they can dictate the pace of the game and create scoring opportunities while minimizing those of the opponent. This requires players to be skilled in passing and comfortable with the ball at their feet.

2. High Pressing Game: Guardiola's teams also employ a high pressing game. This means that when they lose possession, they try to win it back as quickly as possible, often within the opponent's half. This requires high levels of fitness and teamwork.

3. Positional Play: Guardiola emphasizes positional play. Each player has a certain zone to cover and specific roles to play. This style of football is very organized and requires a deep understanding of the game from every player.

4. Versatility: Guardiola often expects his players to be versatile and able to play in multiple positions. This allows him to be flexible with his formations and tactics during a game.

5. Develop Young Talent: Guardiola places a lot of emphasis on youth development. He is known to give young players opportunities in the first team, helping them to develop and grow.

6. Constant Adaptation: Guardiola's teams are known to adapt their tactics depending on the opponent they are facing. They analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent and adjust their strategy accordingly.

7. Professionalism and Discipline: Guardiola demands high levels of professionalism and discipline from his players both on and off the pitch. This includes a strong work ethic during training, adherence to team rules and regulations, and maintaining a professional attitude in all interactions.

8. Communication: Communication is key in Guardiola's coaching style. He is known to give detailed instructions to his players and expects them to communicate effectively with each other on the pitch.

Please note that these are general principles and would need to be adapted to the specific circumstances and capabilities of the team. It's also important to remember that there is no "one-size-fits-all" strategy in football. Different teams and players will require different approaches."

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 01:34 - Jun 7 with 4549 viewsBoston

When are the lifelike blow-up dolls going to be available?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 03:33 - Jun 7 with 4507 viewsqprxtc

Stick it up yer bum.
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 04:28 - Jun 7 with 4502 viewsDannyPaddox

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 18:24 - Jun 6 by SimonJames

[Prompt] "You are Pep Guardiola, the manager of Manchester City football team. Give me a tactical plan to run a successful football team."

[Answer] "As an AI, I'm not Pep Guardiola, but I can certainly share some insights based on his coaching philosophy and tactics. Here are some key points that Guardiola might consider when running a successful football team:

1. Possession-Based Football: Pep Guardiola's teams often dominate possession in matches. The philosophy is that the more a team has the ball, the more they can dictate the pace of the game and create scoring opportunities while minimizing those of the opponent. This requires players to be skilled in passing and comfortable with the ball at their feet.

2. High Pressing Game: Guardiola's teams also employ a high pressing game. This means that when they lose possession, they try to win it back as quickly as possible, often within the opponent's half. This requires high levels of fitness and teamwork.

3. Positional Play: Guardiola emphasizes positional play. Each player has a certain zone to cover and specific roles to play. This style of football is very organized and requires a deep understanding of the game from every player.

4. Versatility: Guardiola often expects his players to be versatile and able to play in multiple positions. This allows him to be flexible with his formations and tactics during a game.

5. Develop Young Talent: Guardiola places a lot of emphasis on youth development. He is known to give young players opportunities in the first team, helping them to develop and grow.

6. Constant Adaptation: Guardiola's teams are known to adapt their tactics depending on the opponent they are facing. They analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent and adjust their strategy accordingly.

7. Professionalism and Discipline: Guardiola demands high levels of professionalism and discipline from his players both on and off the pitch. This includes a strong work ethic during training, adherence to team rules and regulations, and maintaining a professional attitude in all interactions.

8. Communication: Communication is key in Guardiola's coaching style. He is known to give detailed instructions to his players and expects them to communicate effectively with each other on the pitch.

Please note that these are general principles and would need to be adapted to the specific circumstances and capabilities of the team. It's also important to remember that there is no "one-size-fits-all" strategy in football. Different teams and players will require different approaches."

Prompt] "You are Gareth Ainsworth, the manager of Queens Park Rangers football team. Give me a tactical plan to run a successful football team."

[Answer] "As an AI, I'm not Gareth Ainsworth, in those trousers! Are you having a laugh?
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 09:27 - Jun 7 with 4395 viewsSimonJames

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 04:28 - Jun 7 by DannyPaddox

Prompt] "You are Gareth Ainsworth, the manager of Queens Park Rangers football team. Give me a tactical plan to run a successful football team."

[Answer] "As an AI, I'm not Gareth Ainsworth, in those trousers! Are you having a laugh?

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 09:59 - Jun 7 with 4363 viewsJuzzie

What ever happened to people being able to think for themselves?

I may be getting on a bit (55) but my god I'm working with sub 30 years olds who don't have a clue how to think for themselves. Everything is a question and then on top of that there's no ability to retain the answer, they'll just ask the same question again a few weeks later. It also absolves them of any accountability too which I think is deliberate. Not a single spine amongst the lot of them.
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 10:25 - Jun 7 with 4332 viewspeterlund_dk

I can't believe no-one bothered to ask OP's question to ChatGPT:

"ChatGPT and AI, in general, are considered to be game changers rather than gimmicks. AI technologies like ChatGPT have the potential to revolutionize various industries and impact numerous aspects of our lives. Here are a few reasons why they are considered game changers:

Natural Language Processing: AI models like ChatGPT can understand and generate human-like text, enabling more natural and interactive conversations. This opens up new possibilities for customer service, virtual assistants, educational tools, and more.

Automation and Efficiency: AI can automate repetitive tasks, freeing up human resources for more complex and creative work. This can lead to increased efficiency, productivity, and cost savings in various domains, such as data analysis, content generation, and customer support.

Personalization: AI models can analyze vast amounts of data and provide personalized experiences. They can learn from user interactions and tailor responses or recommendations based on individual preferences, leading to enhanced user satisfaction and engagement.

Problem Solving and Decision Making: AI algorithms excel at processing and analyzing large datasets, enabling them to identify patterns, trends, and insights that humans might overlook. This can assist in solving complex problems and making data-driven decisions across domains like healthcare, finance, and research.

Accessibility and Inclusivity: AI technologies have the potential to make information and services more accessible to individuals with disabilities. For example, chatbots powered by AI can assist people with visual impairments or language barriers by providing text-based information and support.

While AI still has its limitations and challenges to overcome, its potential impact on various industries and society as a whole is significant. It has the power to transform the way we work, communicate, and solve problems, making it a game changer rather than just a gimmick."

So according to ChatGPT, ChatGPT is a game changer and not a gimmick!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 10:25]
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 10:45 - Jun 7 with 4304 viewsG_Ottershaw

Thanks Peter, as with all new technologies its probably still got a fair way to go before it becomes seamless, but it does make me question if we could see the birth of a new luddite movement?
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 10:46 - Jun 7 with 4301 viewsSonofpugwash

There was an SF short story back in the day set at a distant time when we are visited by aliens who adore the "wild and woolly" stories created by humans.The humans in this case were using a form of AI to write these stories,big industry.There comes a time when money dictates the "quality" of machines and their output and not every aspiring writer can afford one.
In the office block where these "writers" operate is a strange and singular man who always seems to produce the volume and quality but no one knows much about him.They break into to his office only to find not a computer terminal but an ancient typewriter.
AI thankfully(as yet) cannot replicate original thought.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 12:16 - Jun 7 with 4194 viewsCateLeBonR

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 10:45 - Jun 7 by G_Ottershaw

Thanks Peter, as with all new technologies its probably still got a fair way to go before it becomes seamless, but it does make me question if we could see the birth of a new luddite movement?

I was called a Luddite the other week by a mate. I explained to him that I do use and have always used the technologies but I don’t feel they improve the world or my experience of it in many cases. So I often resist them or restrict my use of them. So I guess I am a Luddite.
ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 13:06 - Jun 7 with 4139 viewsSimonJames

Here's a very good post by a professor at the Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania) about how our usage of the tecnology will look sooner rather than later, and its implications:
https://www.oneusefulthing.org/p/setting-time-on-fire-and-the-temptation

ChatGPT/AI - a gimmick or a game changer ? on 13:43 - Jun 7 with 4100 viewsLongRanger

Heard a well know big business owner say 2 weeks ago about this ...if you do a job that only uses your brain, brace yourself as in a few years you're screwed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024