Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship 14:55 - Jul 27 with 2257 viewsnumptydumpty

When Jordan Henderson at 33 signs to earn an £18.2 million annual salary and Karim Benzema, way past his best, at the age of 35 is due to earn £173 million per year.

Squad players will have to be signed from somewhere.

Currently a mid twenties player with possibilities from a championship club such as ourselves, the only previous sale would be to the Premier league a la Eze.

But if all aging or mid career players from premier league and elsewhere consider the Saudi league, it will develop quickly so star transfers such as Eze could just as easily go to the Saudi League, once it becomes established.

And with the money quoted there , FFP rules could quickly change.

Could the Saudi league eventually usurp the Premier league as the league which becomes the envy of the world.

And with more clubs becoming Saudi owned and influenced this could be sooner than we believe.

If you were a middle of the road premiership player or and up and coming top quality championship player, and you are offered fortunes beyond your wildest dreams, would you then snub the Premier league for Saudi Arabian climes !!!

Not sure where this could take us but could change the world of football big time !!!

We could then flog Lyndon Dykes for £50 million as he would be earning 10 million a year on a three year deal for squad playing reasons !!!

Facetious comment and slightly tongue in cheek but Jordan Henderson at 33 earning 18.2 million a year now, any future scenario is a possibility !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:17 - Jul 27 with 2170 viewsJuzzie

The Saudi League will not garner the same interest the PL does.

It's just an elephants graveyard and/or magnet for people chasing the £££$$$€€€.

It'll burn itself out in 5-10 years, maybe sooner.
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:49 - Jul 27 with 2065 viewsslmrstid

Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:17 - Jul 27 by Juzzie

The Saudi League will not garner the same interest the PL does.

It's just an elephants graveyard and/or magnet for people chasing the £££$$$€€€.

It'll burn itself out in 5-10 years, maybe sooner.

Agreed, the Chinese league tried this in the last decade as Winnie the Pooh is obsessed with football and wanted them to have the best of everything and that....didn't go well.

Nor did it for the Russians when they tried it.

They might be rich, but they still won't throw billions around forever if there's no return from it.

Western Europe football is too established now to be properly usurped in my view.
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:53 - Jul 27 with 2044 viewsqueensparker

Money will only get you so far.

Once the early players reveal what daily life is like in Saudi Arabia to their contemporaries (a boring, baking sh*thole, I’ve spent time there) it’s going to be a non starter.
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:58 - Jul 27 with 2027 viewsdubaistu

All I want is a big club coming in for Eze this transfer window, lets's worry about the longer-term effects when we've actually got a chance (with that money), to stay in the Championship. My gut feeling tells me he'll end up at Liverpool, sooner rather than later hopefully.
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 1851 viewsHayesender

Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:53 - Jul 27 by queensparker

Money will only get you so far.

Once the early players reveal what daily life is like in Saudi Arabia to their contemporaries (a boring, baking sh*thole, I’ve spent time there) it’s going to be a non starter.

I very much doubt any of em will be staying in Saudi. They'll all be flying in daily from Dubai while telling us peasants to watch our carbon footprint

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 16:54 - Jul 27 with 1782 viewsdmm

Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 15:58 - Jul 27 by dubaistu

All I want is a big club coming in for Eze this transfer window, lets's worry about the longer-term effects when we've actually got a chance (with that money), to stay in the Championship. My gut feeling tells me he'll end up at Liverpool, sooner rather than later hopefully.

Sure, me too, but with Zaha now having left Palace they will be very reluctant to let Eze go. Of course, if one of the monied clubs wants to offer silly money, every player has his price.
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 17:05 - Jul 27 with 1733 viewsJuzzie

Most clubs seem to be located east coast, central Saudi and west coast

Dubai to Saudi east coast clubs (3 I think) - 1h 35min flight / 3h 10m return
Dubai to Saudi central clubs (9 I think) - 1h 50min flight / 3h 40m return
Dubai to Saudi west coast clubs (6 I think) - 3 hour flight / 6h return

That's still a long daily each way commute when you add in getting to & from the airports/training ground and even if they are fast tracked through the airport. You could add another 1-2 hours minimum on top of the return times to allow for transportation + airport procedures.

I reckon they'll be living in high security gated communities in Saudi. Prisoners in a sense, all the luxuries but still contained. Ferried to and from the shops by armed guards with the shops closed to the public while they spend their filthy lucre.

Not really a good life in the long run despite all the money & luxuries, most will probably serve one contract.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 17:42]
Effect of the Saudi League on Premier League and Championship on 19:06 - Jul 27 with 1508 viewsdavman

Pretty simply, it will stretch the gap between the PL and the Championship even further putting the final nail in thecoffin of the great English Pyramid that is the envy of the world according to the media until FA Cup R3 when Chelsea v Liverpool or some other mid table clash is selected for live BBC / ITV broadcast so that we can watch them for the 4th or 5th time that season.

They wax lyrical about it, but do not give a single s h 1 t. Just focus on the fact that ONE division above us a team Luton now "competes" with spent £105m on ONE player. This means average ones go for a minimum of £30m. Around what we maybe allowed to spend over a THREE year period as long as all other accounts balance.

We are shafted and have long missed the boat the season Fernandes and co took us on as a premier League club. Not really football's fault, more a case of the utter incompetence of this board.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 19:08]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024