Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup 09:40 - Jul 28 with 3779 viewsslmrstid

Surprised I haven't seen any threads on the Womens World Cup on here (unless I've missed it, apologies if so).

England just gone 1-0 up in 6 minutes with a brilliant goal from Lauren James.

What's even better is there's QPR fans in the crowd with R's shirts on and a huge England flag banner with "Chloe Kelly QPR" that keep appearing on the TV broadcast. Good on 'em, showing off the R's Down Under!
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 22:46 - Jul 28 with 828 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 20:10 - Jul 28 by westy

I’m led to believe that when a woman goes through her monthly her body obviously changes and is weaker in certain areas as a consequence. This apparently heightens the chance of women footballers getting an ACL injury.

Having experienced the cruelty of an ACL tear with my daughter and watching her struggle physically and mentally getting back its a number of factors including your post westy.
Her Surgeon told us 8 out of 10 patients he operates on are teenage female athlethes and the recovery is from 10 months to 2 years to mentally clear it .
Girls are built different , jump and land using their knees instead of bigger thigh muscles then during squats ,weights etc they naturally use their knees instead of stronger parts.
Playing on artifical surfaces does not help and of course getting hit directly is bad also .
Anybody on LFW who have daughters / grandaughter playing sports try and make sure the core ,hips legs and strong and practice proper technique while landing ,cutting and pivoting .
I am not a doctor but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night (American joke sorry )
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 23:24 - Jul 28 with 770 viewsRanger_Things

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:02 - Jul 28 by Toast_R

I cant see this England team winning the tournament at the moment. They've lost the ability to score goals. Ellen White's retirement along with both Beth Mead and Fran Kiby out injured, its a massive loss.

Russo barely been in either games so far and really only had an impact in the Euros when coming on as a sub. Relying on wonder goals from James and Stanway now and it's not good enough IMO.

I listened to an interview with Vivianne Miedema, another ACL, and she said that even at the highest level of the women’s game the sports science, physiotherapists etc are very poor. Add to that the fact most are now playing 60+ games a season and the injuries become inevitable. She also said most players didn’t even have private medical insurance through their clubs and had to go on NHS waiting lists.

EDIT: That was a reply to your other post
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 23:26]
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 16:59 - Jul 29 with 622 viewswesty

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 22:46 - Jul 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Having experienced the cruelty of an ACL tear with my daughter and watching her struggle physically and mentally getting back its a number of factors including your post westy.
Her Surgeon told us 8 out of 10 patients he operates on are teenage female athlethes and the recovery is from 10 months to 2 years to mentally clear it .
Girls are built different , jump and land using their knees instead of bigger thigh muscles then during squats ,weights etc they naturally use their knees instead of stronger parts.
Playing on artifical surfaces does not help and of course getting hit directly is bad also .
Anybody on LFW who have daughters / grandaughter playing sports try and make sure the core ,hips legs and strong and practice proper technique while landing ,cutting and pivoting .
I am not a doctor but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night (American joke sorry )

Hope your daughter is fully mended now.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 23:18 - Jul 29 with 549 viewsToast_R

Kiera Walsh has NOT injured her ACL. Some good news.
Whatever she's done, lets hope it's only minor and she'll be back later in the World Cup.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 488 viewsNorthernr

Sorry, they put Herve Renard in charge of France Women?

Thank you Tim for leaving me with my favourite food.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024