Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had chairs lob gone in.. 16:06 - Aug 20 with 3257 viewsloftboy

Surely would have given Wegerle and Sinclair a run for their money as greatest goal by an R?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 16:26 - Aug 20 with 3177 viewsPaddyhoops

When we couldn’t score from a yard its a stretch to core from 50.
It would have been a worldie. Close but no cigar.
Chair still our most skilful player by a long way.
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 16:28 - Aug 20 with 3170 viewsKensal_Ranger

Would have loosened a few more rivets in the roof girders, that’s for sure 😄
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 16:32 - Aug 20 with 3147 viewsPaddyhoops

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 16:28 - Aug 20 by Kensal_Ranger

Would have loosened a few more rivets in the roof girders, that’s for sure 😄

By the way . Our support was immense yesterday. Hats off to everyone especially in our standing area in the loft.
As for Ipswich fans. Incredibly quiet . It must be an East Anglian thing . Norwich pretty much the same.
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 17:29 - Aug 20 with 2999 viewsfrancisbowles

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 16:32 - Aug 20 by Paddyhoops

By the way . Our support was immense yesterday. Hats off to everyone especially in our standing area in the loft.
As for Ipswich fans. Incredibly quiet . It must be an East Anglian thing . Norwich pretty much the same.

IT didn't sound quiet where I was sitting yesterday but I could hardly hear the Loft.

We should remove the roof from the School End, dampen the away team noise.
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 17:33 - Aug 20 with 2968 viewsqpr_1968

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 17:29 - Aug 20 by francisbowles

IT didn't sound quiet where I was sitting yesterday but I could hardly hear the Loft.

We should remove the roof from the School End, dampen the away team noise.

your right.
i sit in block A SAR stand, ipswich sang and were pretty loud all game.

heard the loft once........all depends where you sit.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 18:04 - Aug 20 with 2865 viewsPaddyhoops

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 17:33 - Aug 20 by qpr_1968

your right.
i sit in block A SAR stand, ipswich sang and were pretty loud all game.

heard the loft once........all depends where you sit.

In fairness they did pipe up after they went ahead. Before that though they were quite.
As you say depends where you sit.
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 2646 viewsphegarty

Agree it would have been a fabulous goal. Chair was probably the only person in the stadium who saw it was "on". Keeper did well though!
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 2607 viewsCiderwithRsie

Somewhere, poor old Warren Neill is wondering why no-one ever remembers him lobbing the Partizan keeper from (according to my memory) the carpark outside Highbury.
Login to get fewer ads

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 21:35 - Aug 20 with 2476 viewsstainrods_elbow

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 20:46 - Aug 20 by CiderwithRsie

Somewhere, poor old Warren Neill is wondering why no-one ever remembers him lobbing the Partizan keeper from (according to my memory) the carpark outside Highbury.

One of only three goals he managed for us in around 200 games! Not a tie that ended well for us.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 08:09 - Aug 21 with 2298 viewsStevenageRanger

Must be the way the wind is blowing as I sit in the Lower Loft (opposite side now to Safe Standing). We actually said during the game that it is very quiet from that section. Ipswich were pretty loud fpr most of the game IMO (bar maybe a last 20 of 1st half)
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 12:58 - Aug 21 with 2045 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What a goal that would've been. A crying shame that it didn't go in.
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 14:41 - Aug 21 with 1888 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Michael Robinson at the Bridge in 86, as we marched on imperiously toward the Charity Shield later that year.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 14:47 - Aug 21 with 1870 viewsmart_Goblin

If it had gone in then he would’ve been gone by lunch time today . What an incredible effort .

Was in Ellerslie Road and have to say Ipswich were pretty loud and because of that I couldn’t really hear the Loft end at all .

But years and years of experience says that must be sure you can’t hear a certain section it doesn’t mean they are not loud . Strange ground LR for that
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 14:50 - Aug 21 with 1853 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think Dawsie may have got one that night as well?
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 15:55 - Aug 21 with 1770 viewsDannyPaddox

As one who was there that night in the Highbury drizzle. That was no lob from Warren Neill it was an Exocet missile that, if not for a sturdy goal net, would’ve carried on its way taking out the North Bank, the George Robey, and Finsbury Park station, before finally coming to a halt somewhere around Stroud Green.

Micky Robinson’s wonder goal at Stamford Bridge, in the evening rain again, was a proper lob. He later said the reason he hit it from his own half was not just because the keeper was way off his line but he, Robinson, was knackered - by rights with a clear path to goal he should have run with the ball but starting to cramp up at the end of a long muddy cup battle he bad no option but to bosh it high into the night sky in the general direction of the river and Craven Cottage and down it dropped into the net at Stamford Bridge. 2-0. Game over. Joy.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 5:50]
Had chairs lob gone in.. on 01:24 - Aug 22 with 1563 viewsCiderwithRsie

Had chairs lob gone in.. on 14:41 - Aug 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Michael Robinson at the Bridge in 86, as we marched on imperiously toward the Charity Shield later that year.

I once came off a motorbike and time slowed down long enough for all sorts of thoughts to pass through my mind as I flew towards the hard, hard ground.

Robbo was so far back that I had much the same experience as the ball flew trough the air, but without time having to slow down at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024