Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... 16:16 - Aug 21 with 6433 viewstheloneranger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66554874

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 1423 viewsonehunglow

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 06:26 - Aug 22 by ABERSWAN

The scary thing is that his partner felt the need to record this, meaning it was probably not a one off. He can walk around saying he was never convicted but the recording is deeply disturbing and will make it difficult for any club to take him on knowing the backlash it will cause from the fans.

My point exactly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 11:24 - Aug 22 with 1426 viewsWhiterockin

Joining Gerrard for £10M a season.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 11:30 - Aug 22 with 1416 viewsonehunglow

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 11:24 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

Joining Gerrard for £10M a season.

He will fee at home in Saudi

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 1359 viewsdobjack2

Sky seem to be backing the Athletic report that Man Utd were intending to reintegrate him into the squad, but changed their mind due to negative publicity from the story breaking.

Sky are also reporting that sources suggest that if he was an average player Man Utd would have got rid of him as soon as they could.

I suppose it depends on whether you think the Athletic and Sky are closer to the real story than the Man Utd and player press releases.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:27 - Aug 22 with 1351 viewsonehunglow

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:21 - Aug 22 by dobjack2

Sky seem to be backing the Athletic report that Man Utd were intending to reintegrate him into the squad, but changed their mind due to negative publicity from the story breaking.

Sky are also reporting that sources suggest that if he was an average player Man Utd would have got rid of him as soon as they could.

I suppose it depends on whether you think the Athletic and Sky are closer to the real story than the Man Utd and player press releases.

All herniated are looking at is damamge limitation
This piece of dirt was not "cleared"

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:51 - Aug 22 with 1339 viewsWhiterockin

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:27 - Aug 22 by onehunglow

All herniated are looking at is damamge limitation
This piece of dirt was not "cleared"

They are retaining his registration and currently paying him. It's all about money and a quick offload.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:03 - Aug 22 with 1279 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:51 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

They are retaining his registration and currently paying him. It's all about money and a quick offload.

Money is actually a good regulator. Money and freedom. I recognise that if my behaviour has no limits I will lose money and lose my freedom.

Man Utd will be motivated to double down on their various educational "respect" courses for their young players as overall it will benefit them in not losing big prospects cheaply again. It takes money to run football clubs. Greenwood also is not a great asset in terms of advertising revenue.

"Quick offload" is not everything either. The indiscretions of Greenwood were months ago. They have taken months over this and come to a mutual parting off the ways. This means Greenwood's advisors will not be able to sue them.

There should be no further bad associations with this person.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:24 - Aug 22 with 1222 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 11:30 - Aug 22 by onehunglow

He will fee at home in Saudi

They’ll probably pay him extra for treating women like shot out there.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:38 - Aug 22 with 1200 viewsKilkennyjack

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:25 - Aug 21 by ThurrockJack92

There is smoke and then there is a literal recording that everyone heard. Sickening that they even contemplated keeping him on.

Totally agree.

Beware of the Risen People

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 1169 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:24 - Aug 22 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They’ll probably pay him extra for treating women like shot out there.

Your understanding is very poor. There will be no offer. He is more likely to go to an ultr liberal place like Netherlands or Denmark.

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 1154 viewsSuperjan

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:03 - Aug 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Money is actually a good regulator. Money and freedom. I recognise that if my behaviour has no limits I will lose money and lose my freedom.

Man Utd will be motivated to double down on their various educational "respect" courses for their young players as overall it will benefit them in not losing big prospects cheaply again. It takes money to run football clubs. Greenwood also is not a great asset in terms of advertising revenue.

"Quick offload" is not everything either. The indiscretions of Greenwood were months ago. They have taken months over this and come to a mutual parting off the ways. This means Greenwood's advisors will not be able to sue them.

There should be no further bad associations with this person.

I’m not actually sure that money is such a good regulator of behaviour in the way that you suggest. Money often provides a safety net to the rich in that those who aren’t well off don’t get . The rich have the ability to behave as badly as they want and use their wealth through various means to prevent public accountability . Their money buys them freedom in a way that we can’t appreciate.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 22:07 - Aug 22 with 1113 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:38 - Aug 22 by Superjan

I’m not actually sure that money is such a good regulator of behaviour in the way that you suggest. Money often provides a safety net to the rich in that those who aren’t well off don’t get . The rich have the ability to behave as badly as they want and use their wealth through various means to prevent public accountability . Their money buys them freedom in a way that we can’t appreciate.

Well Greenwood has money and he used it presumably to avoid a criminal record. On the other hand his reputation is in tatters and as a English young fellow he has lost millions in endorsements. Man Utd may keep i his registration but will get no where near what they could have.

They have an incentive to mentor their player more rigorously. There was evidence of problems with the Man Utd young lad culture before this incident

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 09:31 - Aug 23 with 1042 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:07 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

The issue here for me he has not been found innocent. Charges were dropped in a domestic violence case where the victim pulled out (or settled).

He can do one as far as I’m concerned.

He hasn't been found innocent OR guilty. I haven't seen or heard the evidence that others have but it seems to me to be most likley he offered the woman a pile of money and she accepted, I think a lot of people would.

I think the stain is still there, people believe he did it and in my case, that he bought his victim off.

I like to think if he ended up down here that we'd boo him as soon as he set foot on the pitch, that we'd protest though some would accept him.

Manyoo retaining his reg shows they are thinking more about the money than the rights and wrongs.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 14:35 - Aug 23 with 1004 viewstheloneranger

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 09:31 - Aug 23 by SullutaCreturned

He hasn't been found innocent OR guilty. I haven't seen or heard the evidence that others have but it seems to me to be most likley he offered the woman a pile of money and she accepted, I think a lot of people would.

I think the stain is still there, people believe he did it and in my case, that he bought his victim off.

I like to think if he ended up down here that we'd boo him as soon as he set foot on the pitch, that we'd protest though some would accept him.

Manyoo retaining his reg shows they are thinking more about the money than the rights and wrongs.

MG and his accuser are now back together, and became parents in July.

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 14:44 - Aug 23 with 995 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 14:35 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

MG and his accuser are now back together, and became parents in July.

Anybody who expects a long term abusive partner to change to a nicer, kinder version needs a good talking to.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 15:36 - Aug 23 with 979 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 14:44 - Aug 23 by SullutaCreturned

Anybody who expects a long term abusive partner to change to a nicer, kinder version needs a good talking to.

I think you are wrong. I have seen many of my friends change dramatically aft marriage and fatherhood. It is called maturing and developing,. Peer pressure is also a factor.

I suspect Greenwood was a in a misogynistic rap and bling loving sub group of players at without a Roy kKeane type figure had a toxic "jack the lad" ethos.

"Got to win on Saturday Jesse L".

"I do not give a fig MG I have my flight to Ibiza booked and a 5 star hotel 10 days. I cannot wait" .

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:13 - Aug 23 with 949 viewstheloneranger

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 15:36 - Aug 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I think you are wrong. I have seen many of my friends change dramatically aft marriage and fatherhood. It is called maturing and developing,. Peer pressure is also a factor.

I suspect Greenwood was a in a misogynistic rap and bling loving sub group of players at without a Roy kKeane type figure had a toxic "jack the lad" ethos.

"I do not give a fig MG I have my flight to Ibiza booked and a 5 star hotel 10 days. I cannot wait" .

So your friends carried out acts of Domestic Violence and attempted rape??

What a wonderful excuse for any of these acts - lack of maturity and peer pressure!!

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:34 - Aug 23 with 942 viewsGwyn737

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 15:36 - Aug 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I’m not sure you can blame it on the music. They said the same type of stuff about Heavy Metal. Before that punk. Before that rock and roll.

It’s like the US blaming gun crime on computer games.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 899 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 17:13 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

So your friends carried out acts of Domestic Violence and attempted rape??

What a wonderful excuse for any of these acts - lack of maturity and peer pressure!!

I would not call them friends but knew people who were known for domestic violence. It is a very common social problem. You must too I would have thought unless you live a very sheltered life.

Trying to explain why people behave in this way is not an excuse. It is an explanation why a fabulously wealthy footballer would lose all sense of decency and abuse someone.

Manchester Utd have had a culture of 'jack the lad' more concerned with social media and modern popular culture including hip hop and club culture it seems to me. At least three of these sorts of players have left on free transfers in the last two years. Three immediately come to mind. Greenwood is the fourth.

With a cell of 4 of these 'geeezers ' in the club a 18-19 year old Greenwood could enjoy his privileged lifestyle on the edge. This degeneration was marked by a fall from grace by the Red devils who found success did not depend on a good manager.

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:51 - Aug 23 with 888 viewsBryanSwan

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 14:44 - Aug 23 by SullutaCreturned

Probably a combination of stockholm syndrome and the fact that he is a multi millionaire. It her family i think are the worst, what sort of father is supportive of a bloke who has beaten his daughter black and blue amongst the other incident.
I reckon he'll turn up in Italy, surprisingly i think he is too problematic for Saudi in their efforts to sportswash.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 845 viewsRhonddaSwans

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 19:51 - Aug 23 by BryanSwan

Probably a combination of stockholm syndrome and the fact that he is a multi millionaire. It her family i think are the worst, what sort of father is supportive of a bloke who has beaten his daughter black and blue amongst the other incident.
I reckon he'll turn up in Italy, surprisingly i think he is too problematic for Saudi in their efforts to sportswash.

Is Mason a Muslim? if he was or converted they would twist it on our media and our western ways.

I think mason hasn't been convinced so why are we all part of this kangaroo court?
We have no idea what is mrs is like?
She would of been loaded with the womens mags on how to survive 'domestic abuse.' The woman has had a kid with the lad. So lets just let them crack on we are all being pulled into this and it is nothing to do with our club.
We don't know the background of eather of them do we?
I've had crazy mrs in the past (the crazy ones are always better 😂)
she could of gas light him all day and recorded a tiny bit of the argument.
Don't be so quick to judge something you have no idea about lads.
Domestic abuse is all one way men are judged to quicky on this.

Think of Rodri Giggs for instance his mrs comes home rubs it in his face about going with Ryan, Rodri explodes pushes her and walks off. Is rodri scum of the earth?

we have no idea of the state of affairs.
We are innocent untill proven guilty for a reason. You might applaud this but one day find yourself in the situation where you need due process.

We all have the right to a fair trail. The guy is innocent in the eyes of the law.
He has lost millions had his reputation damaged. Hasn't he suffered enough?
We are talking about a player who could of been the next messi or rooney minimum.
He will be given a chance somewhere and when Southgate leaves England he will play for them again.
If he had raped or hit her I would never stick up for him.
but he didn't did he ?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 20:54]

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 21:53 - Aug 23 with 824 viewsGwyn737

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:53 - Aug 23 by RhonddaSwans

Is Mason a Muslim? if he was or converted they would twist it on our media and our western ways.

I think mason hasn't been convinced so why are we all part of this kangaroo court?
She would of been loaded with the womens mags on how to survive 'domestic abuse.' The woman has had a kid with the lad. So lets just let them crack on we are all being pulled into this and it is nothing to do with our club.

Think of Rodri Giggs for instance his mrs comes home rubs it in his face about going with Ryan, Rodri explodes pushes her and walks off. Is rodri scum of the earth?

We are innocent untill proven guilty for a reason. You might applaud this but one day find yourself in the situation where you need due process.

We all have the right to a fair trail. The guy is innocent in the eyes of the law.
We are talking about a player who could of been the next messi or rooney minimum.
He will be given a chance somewhere and when Southgate leaves England he will play for them again.
but he didn't did he ?

Have listened to the recording or read the transcript?
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 12:49 - Aug 24 with 737 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 20:53 - Aug 23 by RhonddaSwans

but he didn't did he ?

Your last sentence is the root of the problem. We can't say 100% if he did or if he didn't.

he is neither guilty nor innocent in the eyes of the law because he didn't come to trial.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 724 viewsWhiterockin

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 12:49 - Aug 24 by SullutaCreturned

Your last sentence is the root of the problem. We can't say 100% if he did or if he didn't.

he is neither guilty nor innocent in the eyes of the law because he didn't come to trial.

You can be innocent or guilty in the eyes of the law, but I believe with the general public "reasonably doubt" goes a long way. Personally I work on my gut feeling and it's not good in this case.
Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:37 - Aug 24 with 700 viewsBryanSwan

Mason Greenwood Released by Man United ... on 13:01 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

You can be innocent or guilty in the eyes of the law, but I believe with the general public "reasonably doubt" goes a long way. Personally I work on my gut feeling and it's not good in this case.

Just the audio recording is enough for me. It's quite clear what he has done, there might not be enough evidence to gain a conviction which is very often the case on DV cases and even less evidence when the victim no longer wishes to proceed.
I believe the majority are happy with the outcome, he's free to continue to continue his career somewhere they will take him.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024