Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who the heck do we vote for 18:34 - Aug 31 with 6621 viewsshingle

Had a discussion on this with my mates and we all agreed that voting for the Tories is a no no after the mess they have caused and what has happened to the country under them, and Labour seem like a disaster waiting to happen with there rudderless policies it seems they cannot explain how they will carry out everything they propose if you think the immigration situation is bad now just wait to see how bad it gets under them, we have been told just how bad the Lib Dems have been in the past and Plaid are also of no benefit either, the younger generations futures look bleak as fcuk under either of those lot so just who can we vote for.
Who the heck do we vote for on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 1140 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:28 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

Yes, i know it was a Tory idea, but Labour has expanded it, not to mention this forthcoming 20 mpg limit

Yes it was a good idea to introduce it streets that needed it like outside schools and very narrow residential streets. A good motorist would have slowed down anyway in those streets.

Unfortunately Drakeford Labour have made it a blanket restriction irrespective of the safety benefits. Even the report Drakeford commissioned say that deaths MIGHT reduce by upto 10 a year. Far more people will die as a result of the increase in air pollution with cars pumping out more fumes in low gear.

Labour's Sadiq Khan tries to reduce pollution and deaths by taxing polluting vehicles while Labour's Drakeford tries to increase pollution.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:13 - Sep 1 with 1116 viewsgadgetuk

I live right on the edge of the ulez zone. I can turn out of my street and as long as I don't turn right into one of the side streets I am fine. The expansion of ulez was part of the conditions of the tfl bailout package and in principle I have no issue with it but the timing is awful with everyone struggling financially.

The problem is that I don't think we've seen the full picture yet. In a few years time there will be almost no cars going into a ulez zone that aren't compliant, certainly not enough to cover the running costs of the scheme.

I'm fully expecting some kind of pay per mile scheme to come in within a few years
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 15:36]
Who the heck do we vote for on 12:22 - Sep 1 with 1110 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 11:11 - Sep 1 by Scotia

Why is that?

Because if I feel there are no candidates worth voting for why should I be forced to vote for a candidate who I don't agree with.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:28 - Sep 1 with 1091 viewsScotia

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:22 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

Because if I feel there are no candidates worth voting for why should I be forced to vote for a candidate who I don't agree with.

You could either spoil the paper or vote for a "none of the above" option.
Who the heck do we vote for on 12:38 - Sep 1 with 1087 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:28 - Sep 1 by Scotia

Then it's pretty pointless forcing someone to vote.

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:56 - Sep 1 with 1054 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:38 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

Then it's pretty pointless forcing someone to vote.

No, because they get counted it registers the fact that you are not happy to vote for any of them and at least sends the message.
Whereas not voting could be construed as just apathy or laziness.
Who the heck do we vote for on 13:02 - Sep 1 with 1039 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:56 - Sep 1 by A_Fans_Dad

No, because they get counted it registers the fact that you are not happy to vote for any of them and at least sends the message.
Whereas not voting could be construed as just apathy or laziness.

Fair enough

Who the heck do we vote for on 13:03 - Sep 1 with 1036 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:43 - Sep 1 by Boundy

whistle down the wind , he'll never answer

No, he never does. He just makes himself look perenially silly by ignoring stuff though. He'll probably come back with something completely irrelevant, that's his usual thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Who the heck do we vote for on 13:21 - Sep 1 with 1030 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:28 - Sep 1 by Scotia

You can do that now!

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Who the heck do we vote for on 13:41 - Sep 1 with 1015 viewsScotia

Who the heck do we vote for on 13:21 - Sep 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You can do that now!

Yes, but you don't have demonstrate that. So political parties only have to appeal to the demographics that do vote.

If everyone had to at least register their unwillingness to vote for any of the candidates the candidates would have to work harder for each vote they received.
Who the heck do we vote for on 13:47 - Sep 1 with 1012 viewsangryjack

So if everyone paid the 12.50 ulez how would that reduce emissions then?,wake up its just a con
Who the heck do we vote for on 14:13 - Sep 1 with 984 viewstrampie

A Communist type party if there was one on offer would be the way to go, Capitalism has failed ordinary people, right wing nationalist parties are sweeping the world, low taxes resulting in low spending governments with low living standards, exploitation and wars is what a lot of people will have to look forward too.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:30 - Sep 1 with 980 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:13 - Sep 1 by trampie

A Communist type party if there was one on offer would be the way to go, Capitalism has failed ordinary people, right wing nationalist parties are sweeping the world, low taxes resulting in low spending governments with low living standards, exploitation and wars is what a lot of people will have to look forward too.

Yeah because living under Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot was just lovely.

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:36 - Sep 1 with 945 viewstrampie

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:30 - Sep 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yeah because living under Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot was just lovely.

Same as Hitler and Mussolini.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:48 - Sep 1 with 942 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who the heck do we vote for on 14:36 - Sep 1 by trampie

Agreed.

Who the heck do we vote for on 16:58 - Sep 1 with 896 viewsBoundy

That's why we live in democratic country ,neither of which included in certain periods. Germany ,Italy etc

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Who the heck do we vote for on 17:14 - Sep 1 with 893 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 13:47 - Sep 1 by angryjack

So if everyone paid the 12.50 ulez how would that reduce emissions then?,wake up its just a con

It wouldn't, obviously. It's an attempt to force people to change their cars but it just may mean people who cannot afford to just cannot afford to runa car at all and there's possible negative knock on effects there too.

The poorest will be hit the hardest, as usual.
Who the heck do we vote for on 07:26 - Sep 2 with 843 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Who the heck do we vote for on 17:14 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

It wouldn't, obviously. It's an attempt to force people to change their cars but it just may mean people who cannot afford to just cannot afford to runa car at all and there's possible negative knock on effects there too.

The poorest will be hit the hardest, as usual.

Yes, I find it baffling how people ignore the impact on those who can not afford a new car, £12:50 a day is punishing for those struggling to make ends meet.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:42 - Sep 2 with 771 viewsKilkennyjack

Who the heck do we vote for on 08:13 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

Are you saying the rules are fine so let the MP's carry on as they are?

Are you saying our three main parties have been anything besides an abject failure?

Are you saying we don't need change?

If we do need chqnge how do you expect that to happen when the cause of the problem are the people we'd expect to make the changes?

I am saying that Independents are usually just Tories who know that if the stand as a Tory they will lose. Its a con.

Thats why the post was nonsense.

Beware of the Risen People

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:35 - Sep 3 with 718 viewscontroversial_jack

Who the heck do we vote for on 07:26 - Sep 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, I find it baffling how people ignore the impact on those who can not afford a new car, £12:50 a day is punishing for those struggling to make ends meet.

Especially for tradesmen who have older diesel vans and trucks
Who the heck do we vote for on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 682 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:42 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

I am saying that Independents are usually just Tories who know that if the stand as a Tory they will lose. Its a con.

Thats why the post was nonsense.

Every indepepndent that stands is usually a Tory?

it's not like you to be wrong...oh wait,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_minor_party_and_independent_MPs_elected
Who the heck do we vote for on 16:23 - Sep 3 with 648 viewscontroversial_jack

NPT had Labour voted out in the last council elections, but the alternative hasn't improved anything at all
Who the heck do we vote for on 11:48 - Sep 4 with 596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Correct they were dictators. Which of course you don't get with democracies

Who the heck do we vote for on 11:53 - Sep 4 with 594 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who the heck do we vote for on 16:23 - Sep 3 by controversial_jack

NPT had Labour voted out in the last council elections, but the alternative hasn't improved anything at all

Wales keeps voting Labour and things have not unproven in the last 20 years. In fact most things have got considerably worse.
Welsh NHS, Welsh education, road congestion, unemployment.

Who the heck do we vote for on 12:16 - Sep 4 with 581 viewspencoedjack

Who the heck do we vote for on 11:53 - Sep 4 by felixstowe_jack

Wales keeps voting Labour and things have not unproven in the last 20 years. In fact most things have got considerably worse.
Welsh NHS, Welsh education, road congestion, unemployment.

Wales will always vote Labour & then moan about how they govern.

I really do not know how I will vote in the next election but I am expecting the Lib Dems to do well which will be another nail in the coffin of this country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024