Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . 22:00 - Sep 24 with 1689 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I know there is a few avid golfers on LFW but even casual watchers must have enjoyed today .A team that got whitewashed in Fridays opening session fighting back to get a draw and by rules the win is a massive accomplishment .I must admit to being a bit sick when Georgia Hall got overcome by the pressure and 3 putted from close range on 17 but hung on for a crucial half .Then the Spanish Armada Carlota Ciganda pulled off some incredible shots and puts to win the cup.Fair play to them congrats .
Now on to the Ryder Cup and as usual it will take a massive performance from Europe to beat the US with an extra half point needed to claim it back.
This 1 am tee times is a killer though .Come on boys in blue
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 22:25 - Sep 24 with 1650 viewsstowmarketrange

It was a brilliant fight back to get to 8-8 yesterday and the sky commentators said that the superior US women would win the singles matches.How wrong were they?
A remarkable achievement for the European women to retain the trophy for the 3rd time in a row.Let’s Hope the men can repeat it next weekend.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 1627 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That ebbed and flowed all afternoon. I thought Georgia had blown it but fortunately Carlota pulled a crackerjack on the 17th to secure the draw needed to retain the trophy. Looking forward to the Ryder Cup.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 22:51 - Sep 24 with 1614 viewsqueensparker

Was a brilliant watch. Nothing like beating the yanks. Golf is pretty much the only team sport where America go head to head with the rest of the world and it’s always interesting to see how bad they are at handling defeat and even victory
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 22:52]
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 06:52 - Sep 25 with 1525 viewsWokingR

Can’t believe Ciganda performed under such immense pressure to secure her point yesterday.
Especially when the King of Spain appeared in the crowd watching her match.
Would have loved to see the fallout if he’d run on and kissed her on the lips though to celebrate.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 08:14 - Sep 25 with 1463 viewsHAYESBOY

Think Hedwall match turned it in our favour. Think she was 3 down with 6 to play and birdied 5 of the last 6 holes to win 2up.
Fitting that Giganda dropped the putt that meant it was retained.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 09:19 - Sep 25 with 1414 viewsRs_Holy

Fantastic sport! 2 very even teams and well played all 24 ladies. But a special mention to Hedwall, Stark and Ciganda who showed some real cajones when the wheels looked like they were starting to come off for team Europe ... That was as good as any Ryder Cup I've watched ... Gotta love the ladies :)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:22]
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 09:46 - Sep 25 with 1386 viewsmonners1969

Must sort out a golf day for the Forum
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 11:19 - Sep 25 with 1331 viewsWokingR

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 09:46 - Sep 25 by monners1969

Must sort out a golf day for the Forum

That is a great shout although we're probably running out of good weather to do anything this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 13:21 - Sep 25 with 1283 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 08:14 - Sep 25 by HAYESBOY

Think Hedwall match turned it in our favour. Think she was 3 down with 6 to play and birdied 5 of the last 6 holes to win 2up.
Fitting that Giganda dropped the putt that meant it was retained.

Yep that was key, particularly as Hall and Dryburgh relinquished their leads.

On a side note, I've always been slightly uncomfortable with the idea of a draw being enough for the current holders to retain the trophy but in this case having been 4-0 on the first day, the draw feels like a win. I believe it's the first time that a team who clean swept a session didn't go on to win.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 14:44 - Sep 25 with 1256 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 13:21 - Sep 25 by Benny_the_Ball

On a side note, I've always been slightly uncomfortable with the idea of a draw being enough for the current holders to retain the trophy but in this case having been 4-0 on the first day, the draw feels like a win. I believe it's the first time that a team who clean swept a session didn't go on to win.

Another excellent post here Benny and now that the shoe is on the other foot the Americans are talking about requesting a change to that rule.
Maybe a playoff with 2 players ( Woods and Els in SA at the Presidents Cup ) but I suspect the pressure would be too much there .
The US media were not happy with the European celebration when Ciganda won it or tied it with another game waiting on the 17th tee .Remember Brookline and Justin Leonard anyone I think they forgot that .
I thought Europe lost it multple times late yesterday but Hedwall just refused to lose and Ciganda just delivered an incredible finish .Fair play to them
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 14:54 - Sep 25 with 1233 viewsRs_Holy

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 14:44 - Sep 25 by CLAREMAN1995

Another excellent post here Benny and now that the shoe is on the other foot the Americans are talking about requesting a change to that rule.
Maybe a playoff with 2 players ( Woods and Els in SA at the Presidents Cup ) but I suspect the pressure would be too much there .
The US media were not happy with the European celebration when Ciganda won it or tied it with another game waiting on the 17th tee .Remember Brookline and Justin Leonard anyone I think they forgot that .
I thought Europe lost it multple times late yesterday but Hedwall just refused to lose and Ciganda just delivered an incredible finish .Fair play to them

'Remember Brookline and Justin Leonard anyone I think they forgot that '.

The big difference of course was that Jose Maria Olazabal still had a makeable putt after Leonard holed his. It took ages to get everyone off the green and poor Oliie was just stood there waiting whilst the yanks celebrated.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 15:58 - Sep 25 with 1184 viewsTomS

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 14:54 - Sep 25 by Rs_Holy

'Remember Brookline and Justin Leonard anyone I think they forgot that '.

The big difference of course was that Jose Maria Olazabal still had a makeable putt after Leonard holed his. It took ages to get everyone off the green and poor Oliie was just stood there waiting whilst the yanks celebrated.

If anything, the celebration on the green disadvantaged the Europeans. We needed to win both 17 and 18 to get a half point to win, rather than retain, the cup. There was no chance of a true line on that green immediately after the crowd were finally dispersed, which probably eliminated any chance Europe had of a birdie on it.
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 21:22 - Sep 25 with 1088 viewsSuperhoops2808

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 15:58 - Sep 25 by TomS

If anything, the celebration on the green disadvantaged the Europeans. We needed to win both 17 and 18 to get a half point to win, rather than retain, the cup. There was no chance of a true line on that green immediately after the crowd were finally dispersed, which probably eliminated any chance Europe had of a birdie on it.

Very true

Emily Pederson was on the comeback and no doubt found it hard to focus once the score was 14-13
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 21:24 - Sep 25 with 1084 viewsSuperhoops2808

Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 13:21 - Sep 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Very much like The Ashes

Draw means holders retain - Cost the women and men this year. Swings and roundabouts I guess
Solheim Cup Miracle ,Ryder Cup Magic Hopefully . on 21:28 - Sep 25 with 1080 viewsSuperhoops2808

I was out yesterday, so watched the full 9 hours and fast forwarded every so often

I said to Mrs Superhoop that Ciganda would sink the important putt and she was only on the 9th hole, was written in the stars having gone 3-0-0

Special mentions to Maguire and Headwall who all made points at vital times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024