Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SNP - Tough justice 11:09 - Oct 11 with 1711 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Under new Scottish sentencing guidelines as long as you’re under 25 you can commit rape upon a 13 year old child in a park and still be free to walk the streets as “rehabilitation should be the primary consideration.”

Am I reading this right? What in the sacred name of Desperate Dans hairy nipples are the SNP playing at up there???

Is there a single person on here who can try to defend this? The floor is yours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-67076504

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

SNP - Tough justice on 13:27 - Oct 11 with 1671 viewsonehunglow

Well…

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

SNP - Tough justice on 20:36 - Oct 11 with 1600 viewsmajorraglan

The BBC news article goes in to detail about why the defendants appeal was successful and the conviction overturned which is a different issue to the Scottish sentencing guideline you’ve highlighted.

I totally understand the reason why the appeal was upheld, rape is a very very difficult offence to prove and it’s frequently a case of nice word against the other.

In terms of the sentencing guidelines, I genuinely believe the emphasis should be on rehabilitation, education etc because once a kid/youngster has been inside it makes it so much more difficult for them to lead a productive life, BUT there has to be limits on how far the guidance should apply. I don’t think rape is an offence which should be punishable by a community based sentence nor do I believe that the persistent young offenders should be punished with community based sentences. There comes a time when porridge at HMP’s pleasure is the Eder of the day.

My personal belief is that the SNP got this wrong.
SNP - Tough justice on 00:42 - Oct 12 with 1537 viewsRhonddaSwans

they had a male rapist in a womans jail a few months ago.
All this shit I can't wait untill ww3!

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

SNP - Tough justice on 07:10 - Oct 12 with 1516 viewsGwyn737

Sentencing guidelines don’t matter atm now we’re told that the prison estate is full.

Tough on crime?

This is where 10 justice secretaries, 12 prison ministers and austerity all since 2010 get us.

Fortunately, most are waking up to common denominator.
SNP - Tough justice on 08:33 - Oct 12 with 1500 viewsonehunglow

SNP - Tough justice on 07:10 - Oct 12 by Gwyn737

Sentencing guidelines don’t matter atm now we’re told that the prison estate is full.

Tough on crime?

This is where 10 justice secretaries, 12 prison ministers and austerity all since 2010 get us.

Fortunately, most are waking up to common denominator.

@greed

SNP - Tough justice on 13:05 - Oct 12 with 1443 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

SNP - Tough justice on 20:36 - Oct 11 by majorraglan

The BBC news article goes in to detail about why the defendants appeal was successful and the conviction overturned which is a different issue to the Scottish sentencing guideline you’ve highlighted.

I totally understand the reason why the appeal was upheld, rape is a very very difficult offence to prove and it’s frequently a case of nice word against the other.

In terms of the sentencing guidelines, I genuinely believe the emphasis should be on rehabilitation, education etc because once a kid/youngster has been inside it makes it so much more difficult for them to lead a productive life, BUT there has to be limits on how far the guidance should apply. I don’t think rape is an offence which should be punishable by a community based sentence nor do I believe that the persistent young offenders should be punished with community based sentences. There comes a time when porridge at HMP’s pleasure is the Eder of the day.

My personal belief is that the SNP got this wrong.

Rehabilitation is fine for minor offences, sometimes good kids get themselves involved in gangs or get caught up in the wrong place at wrong time. That can be fixed. But the rape of a child is an incredibly serious crime and people should be removed from society as they are a clear and present danger to it.

Also there’s never as much money and effort spent on the victims of crime who are often just left to fend for themselves. What message is this sending to other rape victims? They’re not going to bother coming forward to report it. It might even spur on other would be rapists as long as they’re under 25 they can pretty much do what they want.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

SNP - Tough justice on 14:32 - Oct 12 with 1407 viewsonehunglow

SNP - Tough justice on 13:05 - Oct 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Rehabilitation is fine for minor offences, sometimes good kids get themselves involved in gangs or get caught up in the wrong place at wrong time. That can be fixed. But the rape of a child is an incredibly serious crime and people should be removed from society as they are a clear and present danger to it.

Also there’s never as much money and effort spent on the victims of crime who are often just left to fend for themselves. What message is this sending to other rape victims? They’re not going to bother coming forward to report it. It might even spur on other would be rapists as long as they’re under 25 they can pretty much do what they want.

There is no defence ,no justification ,no reason for child rape . None.
It is a choice .

SNP - Tough justice on 19:49 - Oct 12 with 1358 viewsmajorraglan

SNP - Tough justice on 13:05 - Oct 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not arguing with you, it’s pretty much what I’ve said.
Login to get fewer ads

SNP - Tough justice on 16:06 - Nov 16 with 1098 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A SNP minister admits it was his children playing on his Government issue IPAD . Apparently cost nearly £11,000 to watch Rangers V Celtic. What worries me why was this device not password protected or did he give his password to his Children.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

SNP - Tough justice on 18:40 - Nov 16 with 1044 viewsSullutaCreturned

SNP - Tough justice on 16:06 - Nov 16 by felixstowe_jack

A SNP minister admits it was his children playing on his Government issue IPAD . Apparently cost nearly £11,000 to watch Rangers V Celtic. What worries me why was this device not password protected or did he give his password to his Children.

Well it's off topic but...didn't he first claim it was all work related costs and get the tax payer to cover the cost?

In which case his admission includes fraud whilst in public office. Has he resigned? Not that he should be allowed to, he should be sacked for gross misconduct and lose all pension rights.

His speech where he admits this says it was to protect his kids, the best way to do that was to admit the truth at the start and pay the bill. They wouldn't need protecting if he hadn't lied. Obviously he sees no reason to quit.

I hope the ruling party up there do the decent thing and sack him.
SNP - Tough justice on 18:56 - Nov 16 with 1024 viewsangryjack

Most judges are nonces that's why,but if your a drug dealer giving people what they want you go jail,but if you giving an innocent child something they dint want you can walk the streets,well if it was my child anything happened believe me they wouldn't be walking streets..
SNP - Tough justice on 20:03 - Nov 16 with 996 viewsRobbie

Apart from the obvious way to rack up a bill for £ 11k , can a laptop generate that amount of debt for only work related issues and watching a football match on a dodgy stream .

My contract of £9 per month give me as much info as I need , albiet not used in my job .
SNP - Tough justice on 22:34 - Nov 16 with 936 viewsmajorraglan

SNP - Tough justice on 16:06 - Nov 16 by felixstowe_jack

No he hasn’t, you’ve got the facts wrong again.

He’s said that the kids didn’t use the iPad only that they were allowed to use a hotspot that had been created on the iPad. There’s no suggestion the device was not password protected or that he gave them the password.
FWIW I think there are still a few issues to come out in the wash and I’m very surprised he is still in a job. I’d have sacked him if he hadn’t resigned.
SNP - Tough justice on 22:57 - Nov 16 with 925 viewsmajorraglan

SNP - Tough justice on 20:03 - Nov 16 by Robbie

Apart from the obvious way to rack up a bill for £ 11k , can a laptop generate that amount of debt for only work related issues and watching a football match on a dodgy stream .

My contract of £9 per month give me as much info as I need , albiet not used in my job .

Streaming a football match will typical use up about 500 - 600mb. I’m not sure how much his network would charge, but 3 charge £6 per mb so watching a game is between £3,000 and £3,600.

My provider Plusnet still includes free roaming as part of my package, but they are closing down part of their network and encouraging customers to switch to their parent company EE who don’t offer free roaming and who are more expensive, so I’m on the lookout for a new provider.
SNP - Tough justice on 00:01 - Nov 17 with 918 viewsRobbie

SNP - Tough justice on 22:57 - Nov 16 by majorraglan

Streaming a football match will typical use up about 500 - 600mb. I’m not sure how much his network would charge, but 3 charge £6 per mb so watching a game is between £3,000 and £3,600.

My provider Plusnet still includes free roaming as part of my package, but they are closing down part of their network and encouraging customers to switch to their parent company EE who don’t offer free roaming and who are more expensive, so I’m on the lookout for a new provider.

Wow , 3 to 6 grand to watch a Football match online , cheaper to send his children back to Scotland on a private flight and watch the game live , really glad I am too old and so far out of date with technology . AI next , that should be a can of worms .

First reaction to this alleged report was another Minister , whatever party , do not care , on the expenses racket and freebies , public purse will pay for it .

It might be proven it was all legit and above board , that Axminster looks a bit uneven .

More distrust I have of any Politician sadly .
SNP - Tough justice on 06:28 - Nov 17 with 892 viewsWhiterockin

SNP - Tough justice on 22:57 - Nov 16 by majorraglan

Im no expert, but are you sure that is right.

On average, the cost for one gigabyte (1GB) of mobile internet in Morocco stood at 0.69 U.S. dollars as of 2022. While the cheapest price an individual could pay to obtain 1GB of mobile data in the country was 0.44 U.S. dollars, the most expensive amount was 2.39 U.S. dollars.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1274899/price-for-mobile-data-in-morocco/#:~
SNP - Tough justice on 09:28 - Nov 17 with 843 viewsmajorraglan

SNP - Tough justice on 06:28 - Nov 17 by Whiterockin

Im no expert, but are you sure that is right.

On average, the cost for one gigabyte (1GB) of mobile internet in Morocco stood at 0.69 U.S. dollars as of 2022. While the cheapest price an individual could pay to obtain 1GB of mobile data in the country was 0.44 U.S. dollars, the most expensive amount was 2.39 U.S. dollars.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1274899/price-for-mobile-data-in-morocco/#:~

I’ve used the figures provided by the 3 network, I appreciate that the SNP guy was using another network, but the charges are generally much of a muchness.

https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Mobile_roaming?content

I believe the figures you’re quoting refer to data prices as a domestic customer, the SNP guy was abroad and therefore not a domestic customer it appears that he didn’t have a roaming package which is why the costs were extortionate.
There’ve been numerous examples of people being stung like this abroad before.
SNP - Tough justice on 10:00 - Nov 17 with 835 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

SNP - Tough justice on 00:42 - Oct 12 by RhonddaSwans

they had a male rapist in a womans jail a few months ago.
All this shit I can't wait untill ww3!

Couldn't resist

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

SNP - Tough justice on 15:41 - Nov 18 with 756 viewsRhonddaSwans

SNP - Tough justice on 10:00 - Nov 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Couldn't resist

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024