Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European dreams - Possible away travel ban 08:02 - Oct 24 with 1814 viewsChrisNW6

My number one bucket list dream is to follow QPR away in one of the three European club competitions. I was too young in the 70s and early 80s and had to make do with trips to Highbury. Then the Scousers ruined my dreams further getting English clubs banned. Managed to get to the Ibiza cup final but away travel in Europe now seem an evermore distant dream.

European bodies are looking at the ECO footprint of 1000 games a season with an average travelling distance of 1000 miles. A ban on away travel is a real possibility and the format of the competitions is being discussed. Next seasons CL format is expanding and creating a bigger ECO issue.

Could this be the writing on the wall of the European midweek jolly up?

Probably safe for a few more seasons but could we be looking at the US NFL model where away travel is not really a thing?
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 08:10 - Oct 24 with 1773 viewsToast_R

The new CL format looks absolutely ridiculous but this is what the big clubs want, Persoanlly , I think you take the fans out of the live football equation, then its the first nail in the coffin. I can see the interest dwindling pretty quickly. Good for the domestic competitions though.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 08:40 - Oct 24 with 1717 viewsGaryBannister86

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 08:10 - Oct 24 by Toast_R

The new CL format looks absolutely ridiculous but this is what the big clubs want, Persoanlly , I think you take the fans out of the live football equation, then its the first nail in the coffin. I can see the interest dwindling pretty quickly. Good for the domestic competitions though.

Fans going to the games are just an irritation to them. All they care about is the plastic fan taking selfie videos of themselves on the sofa, crying at the Champions League theme tune when Liverpool are playing "always supported them, innit", who loves VAR because it adds to the drama and spends £20 a night on TV packages.

Modern football will eat itself, if it hasn't already.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 08:44 - Oct 24 with 1697 viewsSK_hoops

Don't worry, we won't get there in any of our lifetimes.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 08:53 - Oct 24 with 1656 viewsTheChef

Don't worry soon you won't be allowed to travel anywhere. Never mind for the football.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 10:24 - Oct 24 with 1541 viewsthemodfather

before screwing footy over they should look at formula one and their ECO carbon footprint and years/decades of pollution. oh sorry but sponsored by oil companies.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 11:29 - Oct 24 with 1479 viewsQPunkR

I mean, the possibility exists this *could* happen, but I've heard not even a whisper about it. There would be mutiny akin to when the European Super League jolted into its thankfully brief existence - but across larger swathes of Europe

QPR - "shit but local"

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:14 - Oct 24 with 1361 viewsChrisNW6

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 11:29 - Oct 24 by QPunkR

I mean, the possibility exists this *could* happen, but I've heard not even a whisper about it. There would be mutiny akin to when the European Super League jolted into its thankfully brief existence - but across larger swathes of Europe

Yes, doubt anything major will happen until people's views on airplane travel in general changes. Putting teams in groups based on location and encouraging greener modes of transport will probably be the first steps.

BBC article below

What could more European football mean for planet? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67159156
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:16 - Oct 24 with 1350 viewsHayesender

We won't even be able to travel outside our towns or cities if those in charge get their way

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:38 - Oct 24 with 1312 viewsJuzzie

Bunch of hypocrites don't have a moral bone in their body.

Staging tournaments spread across different continents then saying fans can't travel around Europe due to eco reasons?? Cnts.

I can understand away travel in the NFL not being big in the US 'cos it's so big and there are so few teams but for football in the UK and rest of Europe it's a very big deal.

Fk it, ban package holidays next. Just go the whole hog and make everyone not allowed to travel more than 200 miles from home.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 1286 viewsNorthernr

Regular topic of conversation in the Crown - what's your dream Europa Conference League group.

I would absolutely kill for just one season of following QPR in europe. nearest I'm likely to get any time soon is Newport County.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 14:46 - Oct 24 with 1206 viewsChrisNW6

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:46 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Regular topic of conversation in the Crown - what's your dream Europa Conference League group.

I would absolutely kill for just one season of following QPR in europe. nearest I'm likely to get any time soon is Newport County.

Well you've seen us win in SK Vorwaerts Steyr 🍻
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 15:01 - Oct 24 with 1175 viewsNorthernr

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 14:46 - Oct 24 by ChrisNW6

Well you've seen us win in SK Vorwaerts Steyr 🍻

The one that Gareth said was an enormous positive because it could have been 10-1? Against a team recently relegated to the third tier of Austrian football, playing in a two sided ground with a large church for a main stand and a giant tyre fire for a home end?

High point of the season as it turned out.
European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 17:14 - Oct 24 with 1073 viewsderbyhoop

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 15:01 - Oct 24 by Northernr

The one that Gareth said was an enormous positive because it could have been 10-1? Against a team recently relegated to the third tier of Austrian football, playing in a two sided ground with a large church for a main stand and a giant tyre fire for a home end?

High point of the season as it turned out.

Don't knock it. Its the best you're likely to get this season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 17:19 - Oct 24 with 1064 viewskensalriser

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 13:16 - Oct 24 by Hayesender

We won't even be able to travel outside our towns or cities if those in charge get their way

No we won't be able to as so many places will be under water thanks to serial failure by governments in the pockets of the fossil fuel industry to deal with climate change.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

European dreams - Possible away travel ban on 17:29 - Oct 24 with 1054 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seen Rangers in Dundee and Edinburgh...seeing the Rs in a foreign country aint all that!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024