Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes 08:40 - Dec 10 with 2873 viewsHoopsie

Points and Position gained by QPR since Cifuentes as Head Coach
Note Cifuentes QPR P6 W3 D2 L1

Current position / club / Pts after 14 games / Pts after 20 games / Pts attained after 6 games / Pts gained by QPR against opponent / League position + or -

14. Bristol City / 18 / 26 / +8 / QPR +3 / +1 (15th)
15. Coventry / 15 / 25 / +10 / QPR +1 / +5 (20th)
16. Swansea / 18 / 24 / +6 / QPR +5 / -3 (13th)
17. Birmingham / 18 / 23 / +5 / QPR +6 / -3 (14th)
18. Plymouth / 15 / 22 / +7 / QPR +4 / +1 (19th)
19. Millwall / 17 / 21 / +5 / QPR +6 / -1 (19th)
20. Stoke / 19 / 21 / +2 / QPR +9 / -9 (11th)
21. Huddersfield / 14 / 21 / +7 / QPR +4 / na (21st)
22. QPR / 8 / 19 / +11 / na / +1 (23 rd)
23. Sheffield W / 6 / 13 / +7 / QPR +4 /+1 (24th)
24. Rotherham / 9 / 13 / +4 / QPR +7 / -2 (22nd)

Over 6 games;
- QPR gained points against all opponents on the current table from position 14th - 24th
- Largest gain vs Stoke (+9), smallest vs Coventry (+1 still a gain)
- QPR moved one place up the table from 23rd to 22nd
- only top 4 teams in the championship has more points gained through this period - Leeds +16 (2nd), Leicester +15 (1st), Ipswich and Southampton +14 (2nd and 4th respectively). Only Watford has same points gained (+11) with current position at 11th
- average points gained during this 6 games period by all 24 clubs = 8.58
- average points gained during this 6 games period by clubs 14-24th positions = 3 (including QPR +11)

Early days, but signs and table evidence are very very encouraging especially winning the last 3 games, which included Cifuentes first win, first home win, goals at the loft, against 2 opponents much higher up the league table.

We are definitely moving in the right direction, onwards and upwards!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 19:32]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 08:51 - Dec 10 with 2774 viewsTonto

We have 2 six pointers coming up. But just as Marti said yesterday just becuase we have won 3 in a row doesn't mean that automatically becomes 5. But boy it would be flipping amazing if we could. And Marti has actually allowed me to dream we could.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 8:52]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 09:41 - Dec 10 with 2564 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Don't get me wrong, Marti's doing OK, but I think we know who's really responsible. E17's record -

P3, W3, D0, L0 (not sure what the 'L' means anymore!) GF8, GA 2: Pts 9 (nine).

Just sayin'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 2479 viewsQPROslo

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 08:51 - Dec 10 by Tonto

We have 2 six pointers coming up. But just as Marti said yesterday just becuase we have won 3 in a row doesn't mean that automatically becomes 5. But boy it would be flipping amazing if we could. And Marti has actually allowed me to dream we could.

My impression is generally we often do badly against teams lower than us in the table or who we are expected to beat, but better against tougher opposition. It happened when Gareth came in, Blackpool etc., then we won at Burnley, but so many times before. So wins against Plymouth and SW would be especially significant impression shifting if we could manage them, and not just because they are almost 6 pointers.
Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 10:27 - Dec 10 with 2414 viewsGaryT

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 10:13 - Dec 10 by QPROslo

My impression is generally we often do badly against teams lower than us in the table or who we are expected to beat, but better against tougher opposition. It happened when Gareth came in, Blackpool etc., then we won at Burnley, but so many times before. So wins against Plymouth and SW would be especially significant impression shifting if we could manage them, and not just because they are almost 6 pointers.

It also follows that if the opo has a player that hasn't scored for a few years (and if they used to play for us, that ups the odds), they will score against us. It's probably a bad idea to mention that Plymouth haven't won away all season.....

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 11:43 - Dec 10 with 2198 viewsAndybrat

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 09:41 - Dec 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Don't get me wrong, Marti's doing OK, but I think we know who's really responsible. E17's record -

P3, W3, D0, L0 (not sure what the 'L' means anymore!) GF8, GA 2: Pts 9 (nine).

Just sayin'

Assuming he is around Wednesday
Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 11:59 - Dec 10 with 2127 viewsnix

Millwall have an interesting run of games that could either see them struggling to get many points up the beginning of the NY or gain some traction over their rivals. They have:

Leicester A
Huddersfield H
Stoke A
QPR H
Norwich H
Bristol CIty A.

That's a match against top of the league and three games against teams trying to get out of the mire. Those could of course go either way but it could leave the table at the bottom looking quite different.

Other six-pointers in the bottom half of the table include:

Stoke v Swansea
QPR v Plymouth
Plymouth v Rotherham
Sheffield Wednesday v QPR
Plymouth v Birmingham
Birmingham v Stoke

As well as Millwall, Leicester are also playing:

Birmingham A
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A

So the top of the table team will have some influence on what's happening at our end of the table. Plus we need to get some points against those teams at the bottom to really get out of the relegation spots.
Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 12:05 - Dec 10 with 2110 viewsDavieQPR

I just hope Brum don't get rid of Rooney anytime soon.
Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 12:15 - Dec 10 with 2077 viewsTomS

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 08:51 - Dec 10 by Tonto

If we do manage to win five in a row, we won't be in the relegation zone this time next week. That's something very few of us would have thought even remotely possible to achieve this side of Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 20:12 - Dec 10 with 1830 viewsHoopsie

When you have a proper coach playing nice football, any hoodoo can be easily dispelled

- refereeing bias (now favouring us?!)
- no goals at the loft
- never coming home win
- former player scoring
- no goals in the team
- etc etc

The stats don’t lie. It is great we can push on with this confidence not present in GA’s time

I am sure many here felt the doom and gloom just 6 games ago now feel this confidence as well

QPR can have nice things. Let’s keep them and keep moving forward and upwards

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 20:50 - Dec 10 with 1620 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Points Gained by QPR since Cifuentes on 11:59 - Dec 10 by nix

Millwall have an interesting run of games that could either see them struggling to get many points up the beginning of the NY or gain some traction over their rivals. They have:

Leicester A
Huddersfield H
Stoke A
QPR H
Norwich H
Bristol CIty A.

That's a match against top of the league and three games against teams trying to get out of the mire. Those could of course go either way but it could leave the table at the bottom looking quite different.

Other six-pointers in the bottom half of the table include:

Stoke v Swansea
QPR v Plymouth
Plymouth v Rotherham
Sheffield Wednesday v QPR
Plymouth v Birmingham
Birmingham v Stoke

As well as Millwall, Leicester are also playing:

Birmingham A
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A

So the top of the table team will have some influence on what's happening at our end of the table. Plus we need to get some points against those teams at the bottom to really get out of the relegation spots.

We'll probably be above them on Wednesday night, which is bloody hilarious. They could conceivably be in the relegation zone by then.

Not getting carried away but we are 11 points away from the play-offs. When you win games in this league, you rocket up the table.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 22:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024