Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Spanish speakers? 10:36 - Dec 15 with 2788 viewsHayesender

https://amp.marca.com/futbol/premier-league/2023/12/13/6578b1bd22601dab398b45cb.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Any Spanish speakers? on 10:41 - Dec 15 with 2756 viewsRs_Holy

'Una cerveza por favor' ... thats the sum total of my Spanish!
Any Spanish speakers? on 10:43 - Dec 15 with 2749 viewsEastR

There are times when the arrival of a coach revitalizes a team. Others don't. But an example of the former is the signing of Spanish coach Martí Cifuentes for Queens Park Rangers, a mythical team in England that is trying to return to the elite of football.

Thus, in just six games, Cifuentes' new QPR has achieved three wins, two draws and one defeat. That is, in six rounds it has achieved 11 points, which are three more (8) than QPR had in the previous 14 games without Martí. The 'Cifuentes effect', therefore, is clear.
More facts: his QPR have scored nine goals while in the previous 14 rounds they only scored 10. Martí already managed to get QPR to win a game after 12 consecutive games without a win, which was a turning point in their bad season until then.

Last week's 4-2 win over Stoke City was QPR's first home win since March 11 and second since October 22, 2022. It had already rained for this traditional London team. That same win was also QPR's first comeback since 7 October 2022 and the first game with four goals scored since 29 January 2022.
In addition, wins over Stoke City, Preston and Hull City have represented the first time QPR have won three games in a row since October 2022. Martí is the QPR coach who has scored the most points (11) in his first six league games since the 2008-2009 season.

And... tonight (20.45) they will have a new test against Plymouth Argyle at home to try to take the team out of the bottom positions, as QPR is third-to-last in the table, two points from fourth at the bottom, which marks salvation.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Any Spanish speakers? (n/t) on 10:44 - Dec 15 with 2739 viewsLandshark

[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 10:45]
Any Spanish speakers? on 10:56 - Dec 15 with 2692 viewsFDC

Any Spanish speakers? on 10:43 - Dec 15 by EastR

There are times when the arrival of a coach revitalizes a team. Others don't. But an example of the former is the signing of Spanish coach Martí Cifuentes for Queens Park Rangers, a mythical team in England that is trying to return to the elite of football.

Thus, in just six games, Cifuentes' new QPR has achieved three wins, two draws and one defeat. That is, in six rounds it has achieved 11 points, which are three more (8) than QPR had in the previous 14 games without Martí. The 'Cifuentes effect', therefore, is clear.
More facts: his QPR have scored nine goals while in the previous 14 rounds they only scored 10. Martí already managed to get QPR to win a game after 12 consecutive games without a win, which was a turning point in their bad season until then.

Last week's 4-2 win over Stoke City was QPR's first home win since March 11 and second since October 22, 2022. It had already rained for this traditional London team. That same win was also QPR's first comeback since 7 October 2022 and the first game with four goals scored since 29 January 2022.
In addition, wins over Stoke City, Preston and Hull City have represented the first time QPR have won three games in a row since October 2022. Martí is the QPR coach who has scored the most points (11) in his first six league games since the 2008-2009 season.

And... tonight (20.45) they will have a new test against Plymouth Argyle at home to try to take the team out of the bottom positions, as QPR is third-to-last in the table, two points from fourth at the bottom, which marks salvation.

"mythical team"

🤔
Any Spanish speakers? on 11:24 - Dec 15 with 2598 viewsTomS

Any Spanish speakers? on 10:56 - Dec 15 by FDC

"mythical team"

🤔

That's what happens when you fall out of the Premiership, there is a tendency to forget you exist. Stories passed from generation to generation fade into the mists of time. The Denis Bailey hat-trick at Old Trafford, missing out on winning Division 1 by a point, the Trevor Sinclair overhead kick. What was true, what is fantasy, it's difficult to tell.

When some of the younger generation find out I support QPR, I'm regularly asked "what division are they in". Of those who I have met recently who do know we are in the Championship, very few were aware as to our current league position. It's simply not a high profile club anymore. How many neutrals would you say went out of their way to watch Preston v QPR on Sky Sports on a Friday night in the run up to Christmas?

Mythical or legendary, maybe Google translate could have chosen legendary.....
Any Spanish speakers? on 11:25 - Dec 15 with 2594 viewsmikeygunn

Mythical, but local.
Any Spanish speakers? on 12:17 - Dec 15 with 2515 viewsHayesender

Any Spanish speakers? on 11:25 - Dec 15 by mikeygunn

Mythical, but local.

New tattoo idea

Any Spanish speakers? on 12:56 - Dec 15 with 2440 viewscolinallcars

Not too keen on Spanish speakers. My current speakers - Wilson Benesch Arc, were manufactured in Sheffield and are a perfect match for my Cyrus 1 amplifier. However, I may up grade to Wilson Benesch Sonics next year.
Sorry, I've start early today…..
Login to get fewer ads

Any Spanish speakers? on 14:31 - Dec 15 with 2291 viewsQPunkR

Any Spanish speakers? on 12:17 - Dec 15 by Hayesender

New tattoo idea

That was exactly my first thought!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Any Spanish speakers? on 17:22 - Dec 15 with 2160 viewsngbqpr

Marti - both hit & myth

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Any Spanish speakers? on 07:05 - Dec 16 with 1989 viewsenfieldargh

que?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Any Spanish speakers? on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 1902 viewsswisscottage

Sports Witness basically picked up the Spanish article and repeated it in English:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/cifuentes-effect-qpr-noticed-spain-coach-already-revi
Any Spanish speakers? on 12:51 - Dec 16 with 1795 viewsPaddyhoops

Gracias Senor Cifuentes.
Any Spanish speakers? on 12:57 - Dec 16 with 1776 viewsHayesender

Any Spanish speakers? on 13:03 - Dec 16 with 1760 viewshantssi

Any Spanish speakers? on 11:25 - Dec 15 by mikeygunn

Mythical, but local.

I’ve got to nearly 63 without a tattoo but the badge with that as a motto has me interested!
Any chance of Danny knocking something up that I can use as a template?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024