Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Reflection 17:46 - Jan 1 with 5604 viewsbluenwhite10

Everything about today had a look of a relegation side. When I saw the line up today the team had a look of no goals in it and a lack of creativity about it but in fairness to Marti the cake is only as good as the ingredients you put in it and when you so going deep into the squad it is poor which is backed up against the performance against Ipswich which was good but we had near to our best 11 out on the pitch but today we massively missed Chair, Willock and Cook but I feel at QPR with what we have we are going to see lots of inconsistency in our performances. Cardiff for their part were very very poor in fact probably one of the worst sides we have seen at HQ this season but they are going home with 3 points so FairPlay to them. 1st Half was very poor performance from Rangers who really struggled to play out of the back as there was little movement in front of the ball and Cardiff seemed happy to let Rangers have the ball at the back as we where clueless in what to do with it. Apart from the goal I can’t honestly remember any shots on target from both sides apart from the goal. I not sure if someone did not pick up a
A runner or it was just a good ball in. Second Half saw improvement with Kolli coming on and doing well before his premature exit but before he left he did something that we do not see an enough off a decent ball in which evades the 1st defender. Marti made a shocker in my opinion taking off Dixon-Bonner who in fairness was the one who was always trying to make some happen and replace him with Albert who struggled badly in the middle before going out wide. The winner same a Millwall away Begovic came for something he should have got and missed it by a mile. We huffed and puffed a bit towards the end but with a lack of quality nothing no equaliser materialised. Some shocking performances today Cannon, Larkeche, Dozzell., Dykes and Marti for replacing Dixon Bonner with Albert and for moving Smyth off of the right when for a 10min spell his was roasting the left side at will which saw yellow cards being dished out at will for fouls against him although Smyth was very poor in the 1st. MOM hard to pick one maybe Kolli for his cameo but at a that is at a push. I do appreciate that this is not Marti squad and he is dealing with a very unbalanced squad that he has inherited from the previous hierarchy Ainsworth/Ferdinand and I just hope there is an opportunity to move out some and get some in that he may know from his time in Scandinavia. Not the best start to the year but Best Wishes for 2024 and Come on You R’s

Cardiff Reflection on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 857 viewsManinBlack

Millwall may have been rank but they have amassed 9 points with three consecutive wins without conceding a goal. If only we could do such sorcery. From getting to 3 points behind them, they are now 11 ahead and out of our radar to consider catching them.

Once again we lose at home which we do with relative ease. I wanted the lot of them gone well before the end of last season but so many of the hapless fools continue to strut their stuff in our colours. With Sheffield and Rotherham picking up points again it is now more realistic that we will finish bottom than us getting to safety. Cardiff don't have a great record at Loftus Road but we are so weak now that opponents can fill their boots with our mental weaklings.
Cardiff Reflection on 22:12 - Jan 1 with 672 viewsRsinWales

Today has marked a low point in a sinking season. Whatever hopes I had are giving way to the hard reality that virtually ever other team beyond Huddersfield have moved beyond our reach.

But even that hardly seems to matter much anymore, as I think Wednesday will zoom away from us now. Truly depressing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024