Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's Caulker interview 09:05 - Jan 20 with 2046 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He was in The Times last Saturday. In the papers more often than fish and chips.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/20/steven-caulker-i-had-to-hit-roc
This week's Caulker interview on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 1818 viewsQuillPenRiot

It’s a good story, mental health is underrated even today, it’s good to see him pick himself up in life
This week's Caulker interview on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 1818 viewsed_83

“Probably not. I went straight from Liverpool to rehab – for the second time. It had to happen. I had to hit rock bottom to be where I am today."

He was still a QPR player when his Liverpool loan finished.

It's clear that he was in an incredibly dark place, and I have a huge amount of respect for him overcoming his demons (anyone who's lived close to addiction knows that this stuff is never black or white) but he took an insane amount of money out the club - and our pockets, ultimately - while he was clearly incapable of being a professional footballer.

Just once in all of these endless puff pieces I'd like him to acknowledge that fact, or say sorry to the fans and staff for his behaviour, however much it might have been triggered by forces beyond his control. For all the column inches over the last six or seven years, and however happy I am to see any addict clean themselves up, I can't recall him ever talking about the negative effects of his addiction on anyone other than himself.
[Post edited 20 Jan 14:07]
This week's Caulker interview on 14:11 - Jan 20 with 1790 viewskensalriser

The Guardian's obsession with puff pieces on Caulker is absolutely bizarre, this must be at least the fourth for a footballer who never distinguished himself on the field in his entire career. He must have a great PR agent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

This week's Caulker interview on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 1708 viewsTomS

What frustrates me is that it must have been known within the footballing community that he was suffering with these issues before we bought him. That indicates to me that very little due diligence was undertaken by the club on his background before the decision was made to sign him.

Lessons should have been learned, but as any teacher will tell you, some pupils are slower on the uptake than others.
This week's Caulker interview on 21:28 - Jan 21 with 1328 viewsnumptydumpty

There have been so many of these articles throughout the last seven or eight years saying Caulker has conquered his demons, he has never felt happier, he will never be back where he was and he has finally found his salvation and place in life

But unfortunately this hasn't lasted on any occasion so am unsure why the guardian would continue ad infinitum publishing this article again and again on every 18 month cycle.

He almost a poster boy for mental health and addiction until he relapses once more.

It's sad for him but the guy is also in an extremely privileged position in that he still has got several high paid roles only to mess up again and again.

Normal people have not these kinds of luck or opportunity.

I wish him well once more but I probably correct in that his addictions and struggles will keep rearing their ugly heads...

I wish him well but many false dawns means the guardian is certainly putting themselves out to dry again and again and again

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

This week's Caulker interview on 22:34 - Jan 21 with 1271 viewsNorthernr

We should have a little sign up - Today Steven Caulker is IN/OUT of love with football.
This week's Caulker interview on 13:19 - Jan 22 with 1008 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This week's Caulker interview on 15:08 - Jan 20 by TomS

What frustrates me is that it must have been known within the footballing community that he was suffering with these issues before we bought him. That indicates to me that very little due diligence was undertaken by the club on his background before the decision was made to sign him.

Lessons should have been learned, but as any teacher will tell you, some pupils are slower on the uptake than others.

I was just going to post something similar.

Maybe the real culprit, as far as QPR is concerned, is the person(s) who were also paid handsomely to oversee our financial outgoings but clearly failed to do so.

Signing footballers is not a science - although the new CEO may well have reduced it to an algorithm - but we spunked millions on a succession of failures that one wonders if there was and due diligence being applied.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

This week's Caulker interview on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 982 viewslassel

At the risk of sounding a bit harsh, it does seem a bit risky for someone who has struggled with alcohol and gambling addictions to be setting up with the British expats in Malaga…
Login to get fewer ads

This week's Caulker interview on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 948 viewsBAWHoops

Don't want to sound glib. But at this point just up and leave and go live on a beach somewhere getting fat and toasted by the sun

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024