Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol parking 15:00 - Feb 14 with 1283 viewswokingpaul

Any suggestions? Parked at Bedminster Cricket Club last year which was £15. Website now says it is £25 which is a rip off I feel. Would welcome any other ideas.
Bristol parking on 15:29 - Feb 14 with 1210 viewsOutWestR

If you don't mind walking, there's usually plenty of parking on the roads around Parson's Street station, about 25 minutes from the ground.
Bristol parking on 15:35 - Feb 14 with 1193 viewswokingpaul

Bristol parking on 15:29 - Feb 14 by OutWestR

If you don't mind walking, there's usually plenty of parking on the roads around Parson's Street station, about 25 minutes from the ground.

Quite happy to walk 25 mins. Thank you.
Bristol parking on 15:44 - Feb 14 with 1169 viewsKonk

It's not the cricket club that own that field and control the parking. Without wanting Clive to get into trouble with anyone's lawyers, the field is owned by a wealthy individual who has a 'complicated' relationship with the cricket club (who are all really lovely people). Feel very sorry for the cricket club as everyone thinks it's them that are robbing bast ards. I think the bloke charges double that for gigs at AG btw.

Street parking is difficult if you're arriving late, but before say 13:30, you should be able to get parked-up on the street within a 15 mins walk of the Gate. You may have to drive around for a bit, but I would suggest one of the streets between Duckmoor Road, North Street, and Luckwell Road, or in the Chessels, which is the area between North Street, Luckwell Road, and West Street. It's (all?) residents parking only north of North Street in Southville, so that's not worth looking at.

I think you can pay to park at Sainsbury's on Winterstoke Road if you're just parking-up, going to the game and getting away again. Other than that, plenty of people between Winterstoke Road, Ashton Road and Duckmoor Road, let out there drives for £7-10. Helpfully, they all take their cars of their drives in the morning, to free-up space for their customers, whilst at the same time, wiping out any of the free on-street parking. Great business model.

Good luck.
[Post edited 14 Feb 15:46]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bristol parking on 15:44 - Feb 14 with 1169 viewsHooping_Mad

If you get there early you can park in the industrial estate opposite the ground. We did last year. Think it was only a fiver.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Bristol parking on 16:17 - Feb 14 with 1068 viewsWatford_Ranger

Parked on someone’s drive on Silbury Rd with a parking app last year but nothing reasonable showing close to the ground this time. It wasn’t bad getting away after and think from memory there were free spaces around there.
Bristol parking on 16:52 - Feb 14 with 1010 viewswokingpaul

Bristol parking on 15:44 - Feb 14 by Konk

It's not the cricket club that own that field and control the parking. Without wanting Clive to get into trouble with anyone's lawyers, the field is owned by a wealthy individual who has a 'complicated' relationship with the cricket club (who are all really lovely people). Feel very sorry for the cricket club as everyone thinks it's them that are robbing bast ards. I think the bloke charges double that for gigs at AG btw.

Street parking is difficult if you're arriving late, but before say 13:30, you should be able to get parked-up on the street within a 15 mins walk of the Gate. You may have to drive around for a bit, but I would suggest one of the streets between Duckmoor Road, North Street, and Luckwell Road, or in the Chessels, which is the area between North Street, Luckwell Road, and West Street. It's (all?) residents parking only north of North Street in Southville, so that's not worth looking at.

I think you can pay to park at Sainsbury's on Winterstoke Road if you're just parking-up, going to the game and getting away again. Other than that, plenty of people between Winterstoke Road, Ashton Road and Duckmoor Road, let out there drives for £7-10. Helpfully, they all take their cars of their drives in the morning, to free-up space for their customers, whilst at the same time, wiping out any of the free on-street parking. Great business model.

Good luck.
[Post edited 14 Feb 15:46]

The cricket club website says the parking is nothing to do with them. Last year it was advertised at £10 but on the day it went up to £15. I looked this morning and it was £20 and when I looked again, it was £25 which is far too much. Have booked a driveway near Parson Street station for £9 which is fine.
Bristol parking on 20:15 - Feb 14 with 852 viewsJimmyR

Never used to be any parking restrictions here, maybe check street view

The Coronation. 18 Dean Lane. Bristol, England, UK. BS3 1DD Decent pub

Or drive up upper Perry hill loads tight little roads about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024