Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I do not understand 08:55 - Feb 15 with 1310 viewskernowhoop

Despite having had a close interest in football for some 70 years, I genuinely do not understand how a squad of players that delivered the exciting and uplifting performance against Norwich on Saturday could perform so differently just four days later.

If Stoke City had been brilliant, then perhaps it would have been understandable. But, they were not. They looked a poor team.

Was it the lack of atmosphere - 11,000 empty seats compared with that full house at Loftus Road? Surely not? Our players are professional sportsmen that had a job to do. Yes, the atmosphere matters, but there must be more to it than that.

It is something else and I simply do not understand it.

What is the explanation?
I do not understand on 09:02 - Feb 15 with 1255 viewsSpaceman_P

After last nights performance I was actually wondering if some of our players or even higher-up's are involved in match fixing.
I do not understand on 09:38 - Feb 15 with 1123 viewskernowhoop

I do not understand on 09:02 - Feb 15 by Spaceman_P

After last nights performance I was actually wondering if some of our players or even higher-up's are involved in match fixing.

Unlikely to be true, but I understand why you are wondering about it.

The contrast in performance between Saturday and Wednesday is incomprehensible.

Were the players all out on the cocktails the night before? (Remember what Ferguson had to say about his team after we had that new year win at Old Trafford?)

Is there illness in the camp?

Is there someone ITK who can explain?
I do not understand on 09:56 - Feb 15 with 1026 viewsTheChef

I do not understand on 09:38 - Feb 15 by kernowhoop

Unlikely to be true, but I understand why you are wondering about it.

The contrast in performance between Saturday and Wednesday is incomprehensible.

Were the players all out on the cocktails the night before? (Remember what Ferguson had to say about his team after we had that new year win at Old Trafford?)

Is there illness in the camp?

Is there someone ITK who can explain?

Mentally weak.

I mean they started the game well and should have been ahead. Then go to sleep at a corner and concede right on half time. Second half was as if they had never played football before.

We keep getting suckered by these players when they get an occasional good result. They will continue to let you down. As mentioned before it's like an abusive relationship.

Time to walk away. I'm going to support City at least they win stuff

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I do not understand on 10:04 - Feb 15 with 967 viewsstevec

Does anyone know how many points we’ve dropped this season from dead ball situations?
I do not understand on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 741 viewsWokingR

I do not understand on 10:04 - Feb 15 by stevec

Does anyone know how many points we’ve dropped this season from dead ball situations?

3,253 so far
I do not understand on 12:37 - Feb 15 with 720 viewssevenhoop

literally every time we have had the chance to climb out of the bottom 3, we have simply not turned up, home or away. that was total gobshite last night, but so many performances have been, so who bloody knows.
I do not understand on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 602 viewsstainrods_elbow

Corruption is endemic in football, and it wouldn't surprise me - the Italian league, for instance, is rife with it. They didn't want to win last night, and didn't even seem to want to draw. For any supporter, you have to say was, or was at least very close to, insupportable. I'd love to have been a grimacing fly on the wall in the dressing room after, and can only hope Marti read them the riot act (and they brought their dinner). If some of the players are not coming to blows after that, we're definitely down regardless.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

I do not understand on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 553 viewsmart_Goblin

I do not understand on 13:49 - Feb 15 by stainrods_elbow

Corruption is endemic in football, and it wouldn't surprise me - the Italian league, for instance, is rife with it. They didn't want to win last night, and didn't even seem to want to draw. For any supporter, you have to say was, or was at least very close to, insupportable. I'd love to have been a grimacing fly on the wall in the dressing room after, and can only hope Marti read them the riot act (and they brought their dinner). If some of the players are not coming to blows after that, we're definitely down regardless.

I turned and said to my wife last night after about 80 mins “if I didn’t know any better I’d suggest that some of our lot have taken a bung here”

I’ve never ever said that before but I just couldn’t believe that certain players were doing what they were doing . It was so bad it looked intentional .
Now I doubt that very much but they made me think it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024