Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football doesn't matter - Life is short 23:54 - Feb 16 with 1195 viewsnumptydumpty

Sometimes we get wrapped in circumstances and in all reality they are small things.

Qpr playing dreadfully on Wednesday and we get angry, disappointed and disillusioned.

Well the next day had a wake up call as to what's really important stuff.

Been working with another charity recently and in particular with this chap Darren, who has been a very dedicated man, type to wear his heart on his sleeve, which is often rare for men.

Anyhow Thursday afternoon, found out in the early hours of Thursday, he experienced a massive heart attack and died almost immediately.

He had no known major health issues. I think he was 53.

Two teenage children and a wife now without him.

I even had emails from him this week. And last saw him myself about six weeks ago.

Bill Shankleys famous quote.

"Football isn't a game of life and death. It's more important than that."

It really really isn't.....

Am going Bristol tomorrow, am thinking we might win, but its really not that crucial.

Probably in a few weeks time, the wake up call as to what's important, will fly out the window , until the next wake up call.

Whatever happens when we pass, I know not like everyone but hope Darren is having a good time.

Life can be strange. We never know and have make the most of the time we have.

Sometimes for short while events take us out of our own little worlds, so QPR performing or not tomorrow- hey ho !!!

Poor old Darren RIP - my friend
[Post edited 16 Feb 23:54]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 02:02 - Feb 17 with 1080 viewsDiscodroids

nm
[Post edited 17 Feb 6:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Football doesn't matter - Life is short (n/t) on 02:36 - Feb 17 with 1045 viewsPunteR

Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 02:02 - Feb 17 by Discodroids

nm
[Post edited 17 Feb 6:32]

[Post edited 18 Feb 10:43]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 04:40 - Feb 17 with 983 viewsbongo_king

Sad and a timely reminder indeed.

Strangely enough football seems to take on an added importance when everything in life goes to pot. They've been a couple of periods that personally football has been the main release valve during tough times - thankfully neither of them overlapped with this season or the 2014/15 season. For those in comparable positions this season, it has been grim. But ultimately OP is right, far more important things than footy in life.

Disco - sorry to hear and good luck fighting it fella.
Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 08:47 - Feb 17 with 795 viewslightwaterhoop

Its a good idea for anyone over 40 to get one of those home blood pressure machines.You can have high blood pressure for years and not know about it so its a worthwhile to keep an eye on it at home.If its regularly high over 140/90 see a Doctor.
[Post edited 17 Feb 8:49]
Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 09:09 - Feb 17 with 719 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Fully agree Numpty. Good post.Qpr and football does matter to a good degree 😀 but not as much as life

DonnieR

Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 09:41 - Feb 17 with 639 viewsJules4367

A sad but pertinent post.

After the Stoke game I wrote to the team (probably ignored but I’d reached the point where I’d had enough 🤬) and said that for certain people who have followed the Rs for many years there might not be ‘another’ season and they will bow out from the world having seen so called ‘professionals’ commit the travesties week after week whilst (in my personal opinion) fraudulently taking home full pay🤬
(if you don’t commit 100% you are not ‘professional’🤔)

I’m old and astute enough to realise that the letter would do nothing but as with the post it is really sad that they can play like they do /did at Stoke and that is someone’s last thought or memory!

I wish they’d wake up and commit but for most I feel they don’t really care about the club as WE do and know they will be off in 15 games time !

To those players all I can say is UR👉
[Post edited 17 Feb 12:11]
Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 09:50 - Feb 17 with 618 viewsPaddyhoops

Football doesn't matter - Life is short on 09:41 - Feb 17 by Jules4367

A sad but pertinent post.

After the Stoke game I wrote to the team (probably ignored but I’d reached the point where I’d had enough 🤬) and said that for certain people who have followed the Rs for many years there might not be ‘another’ season and they will bow out from the world having seen so called ‘professionals’ commit the travesties week after week whilst (in my personal opinion) fraudulently taking home full pay🤬
(if you don’t commit 100% you are not ‘professional’🤔)

I’m old and astute enough to realise that the letter would do nothing but as with the post it is really sad that they can play like they do /did at Stoke and that is someone’s last thought or memory!

I wish they’d wake up and commit but for most I feel they don’t really care about the club as WE do and know they will be off in 15 games time !

To those players all I can say is UR👉
[Post edited 17 Feb 12:11]

Sorry to hear your sad news. Football is the most important small thing in life. No more , no less.
Disappointed and worried about Wednesdays result but we go again in front of a huge following.
We lose, I’ll be gutted but a few drinks and a nice meal in Bristol and a cheeky visit to pop world will sort everything out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024