Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread 14:20 - Mar 27 with 31982 viewsMonkey_Roots

There is a phenomena of criminals returning to the crime scene to observe how their handiwork is dealt with. In some cases the perpetrators are thought to experience a kind of perverse thrill, reliving the crime and experience over again in their mind.

And so, Laird and Roberts - the Brum Bandits – the arsonists who burnt season 22/23 to the ground, return to the scene of their horrific crimes to sift through the ashes to see if there is any trace evidence left behind of their time at Loftus Road. Maybe they will revel in the looks of horror on the faces of the gathering masses, or the shaking of the heads from hardened veterans who thought they had seen everything, but were shocked at what they saw inside?

The looks of horror though are to be found on their own faces as they cross the line and lay eyes upon a very different scene... this is definitely not what they were expecting.

There are no chalk outlines in the shape of Gareth Ainsworth or Neil Critchley, no sobbing loved ones desperately clutching at a soiled Tyler Roberts shirt, or a dumbstruck forensic accountant trying to justify how they were duped into spending money on absolute toss... No, The scene is, well, lovely and green... the faces are a mixture of hope and happiness... the site isn't a vacuous, charred mess... the manager is commanding, strong and looks like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Panic sets in, it wasn't supposed to be this way!

In unison, already fresh out of ideas of what to do next, like muscle memory, what happens to Laird and Roberts when faced with uncertainty or difficulty, happens again - they both sit down and shake their heads... 'It's the calf again guv' is barely audible above the din from the masses who aren't even booing, they're laughing... and Laird and Roberts, as they trudge off the pitch give a faint clap as some kind of acknowledgment. This is rejected though, the people vs Laird and Roberts is over, the judgement was passed down - they were found guilty, although they felt none, and sentenced to a career of nothingness.

3 to the R's - 1 to the Arsonists.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:34 - Mar 28 with 2295 viewsMick_S

Just Feckin win it Rangers. And Swansea, too.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:13 - Mar 28 with 2200 viewsRangersw12

Worried about this one and can see a one nil defeat

Hope I'm wrong .
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:16 - Mar 28 with 2193 viewsAirtomoreira

The alternative view from down the road from me......

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:25 - Mar 28 with 2070 viewsSteveB

I think that there will be punch ups all around the place, take care people.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:35 - Mar 28 with 2040 viewsHooparoo

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:16 - Mar 28 by Airtomoreira

The alternative view from down the road from me......

Interesting. A bit weird to hear him say that we are a physical side and everyone knows that you have to match our physicality. Huh? Not sure what he’s been smoking. I would say the opposite

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 23:11 - Mar 28 with 1949 viewsCateLeBonR

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 22:43 - Mar 27 by colinallcars

The witching hour is no longer midnight but 3pm on Friday.
I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm.
Hey, that's not bad is it ? Sadly not original but can't remember where it's from.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 23:41 - Mar 28 with 1909 viewscolinallcars

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 23:11 - Mar 28 by CateLeBonR

That's it ! Composed by that great duo Rodgers & Hammersmith.
Can't see it featuring in the Frankie Friday thread but it's a lovely song.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 00:02 - Mar 29 with 1882 viewsCateLeBonR

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 23:41 - Mar 28 by colinallcars

That's it ! Composed by that great duo Rodgers & Hammersmith.
Can't see it featuring in the Frankie Friday thread but it's a lovely song.

Really beautiful. I can see why you remember it so well.
Login to get fewer ads

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 06:42 - Mar 29 with 1800 viewsSpaceman_P

Obviously guys... I did the right thing by letting Monkey do this weeks thread. Its bad luck to break a win or drawing streak.

Therefore I fully back Monkey, provided the only stripping, is the stripping of points for Brum.

I am going QPR 2 Twisted Fire Starters 0
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 06:48 - Mar 29 with 1791 viewsSpaceman_P

as a side-note, I really want Frey to score, I like the bloke, there's something about him. He doesn't need tattoos basically and I think a couple of goals will really sort the bloke out.

I think he's a decent forward (so far).
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 07:17 - Mar 29 with 1761 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just a win, I don't care how, just please win Rangers.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 07:24 - Mar 29 with 1756 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I wouldn't be happy with that .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:08 - Mar 29 with 1663 viewsBlue_Castello

FWIW don't underestimate Brum they have some good players in their squad, let's face it they had the money to get the Stansfield deal done and he's the sort of striker we are missing.

Its a real bummer that they have brought Rowett back he will get them organised and make them hard to score against, this is a massive game I just hope we can win any way possible, whoever scores first will have the upper hand and my prayer mat is out that it's the boys in the blue and white hoops, pre match nerves kicked in already.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:15 - Mar 29 with 1620 viewsSpaceman_P

i'm on edge about this one too. I just hope to god they don't play like they in February against Stoke when we lost.

I want a WBA style performance from the guys, any less and I will be pissed off.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:26 - Mar 29 with 1595 viewsWatfordR

It is time to stand up and take our fate into our own hands. 2-0.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:29 - Mar 29 with 1588 viewsHayesender

Just leaving the house now, and I've gotta be honest, I'm feeling quite anxious about today. A few beers would sort me out, but I'm under doctors orders to knock it back a bit. Oh the dilemma

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 10:11 - Mar 29 with 1496 viewsHoopsie

QPR 2 Birmingham 0

Not being hopeful but realistic

Poll: 4-0 “Come on, own up. Who saw that coming?” Derbyhoop

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 10:30 - Mar 29 with 1445 viewshubble

In Ellerslie today, near the top of W. Slightly nervous, but more than that, excited!

Come on URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRsssss!!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 10:33 - Mar 29 with 1436 viewsted_hendrix

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:29 - Mar 29 by Hayesender

Just leaving the house now, and I've gotta be honest, I'm feeling quite anxious about today. A few beers would sort me out, but I'm under doctors orders to knock it back a bit. Oh the dilemma

Leaving In 20 minutes, just waiting for me Lad (the chauffeur) to turn up.

Fingers crossed, I'd kill for a clean sheet today.

Oh dear..................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 11:01 - Mar 29 with 1370 viewslassel

Fully expecting a slow, lethargic performance ending in a pathetic 0-1 surrender.

100x more confident in this team beating Leeds and Preston than Brum, Wednesday or Plymouth.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:37 - Mar 29 with 1205 viewssaxbend

Is Chair out injured? Nothing on the offish but fotmob has him listed as out for a few days with a knock. No idea where he could have picked it up other than in training, so the club should know for certain and I can't imagine why they would tell fotmob or others but keep it a secret from their direct readership. More likely fotmob haven't quite got it right I imagine.

I suppose we'll find out within a couple of hours anyway. You Rs!
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:47 - Mar 29 with 1166 viewsCateLeBonR

Well so far today I've stood in a water filled hole in the pavement and been called a fcking puff by a Birmingham fan. Things can only get better? 2-1 Rangers.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:51 - Mar 29 with 1160 viewsSpaceman_P

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:47 - Mar 29 by CateLeBonR

Well so far today I've stood in a water filled hole in the pavement and been called a fcking puff by a Birmingham fan. Things can only get better? 2-1 Rangers.

should of replied "At least i'm not from Birmingham".
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:58 - Mar 29 with 1136 viewsCateLeBonR

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:51 - Mar 29 by Spaceman_P

Probably. I just laughed at him.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 13:33 - Mar 29 with 1045 views222gers

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:51 - Mar 29 by Spaceman_P

There used to an expression “ go and join the Birmingham Navy ”
As Brum is said to be the furthest city from the sea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024