Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Saint” Marti 20:58 - Apr 6 with 4351 viewsLblock

Anointed too soon??????

Another example of him being done today I thought
Chef Weds usually go high press so he started Sincs for pace which worked first 20
They realised and sorted
We have Just dwindled

I thought he was totally out fought and out thought today (not for first time)
Hopefully he can put some fire in bellies for Tuesday night

Geezer is a class act but as I’ve said before he’s learning on the job
Please God he can take this into a full season at this level next summer
[Post edited 6 Apr 20:59]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

“Saint” Marti on 12:31 - Apr 7 with 887 viewsRangersw12

Can't remember many calling him a saint tbh but he has done a fantastic job and deserves massive credit for getting this corpse twitching

Massive rebuilding job needed in the summer and hopefully Marti will be a part of it
“Saint” Marti on 13:08 - Apr 7 with 811 viewsDamo1962

“Saint” Marti on 12:31 - Apr 7 by Rangersw12

Can't remember many calling him a saint tbh but he has done a fantastic job and deserves massive credit for getting this corpse twitching

Massive rebuilding job needed in the summer and hopefully Marti will be a part of it

This.
“Saint” Marti on 13:32 - Apr 7 with 777 viewsNov77

I like Marti, comes across really well. Treats those two imposters (triumph and disaster) just the same, doesn’t get too down after a defeat, or too carried away after a win.

Given what he’s got to work with, I think he’s done a far better job than any of us could ever of hoped for.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

“Saint” Marti on 19:17 - Apr 7 with 613 viewsWegerles_Stairs

“Saint” Marti on 12:31 - Apr 7 by Rangersw12

Yes, I'm hoping for a massive clearout like Warburton had in his first season when we brought in all those players in the summer. Marti has already shown he can be ruthless (Dozzell and Kakay, for instance) and I'm hoping he continues doing this over the summer. He knows what he's doing and will be under no illusions about the ability and character of some of this squad.

Bearing in mind the last couple of years, yesterday shouldn't have been a surprise. It was to me (even had us in my ACCA) which shows what a fantastic job Marti has done to get us to the brink of safety.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:18]
“Saint” Marti on 23:40 - Apr 7 with 488 viewshopekillsyou

“Saint” Marti on 10:32 - Apr 7 by Hoopstar

Chair did look knackered.

Endless criticism of Armstrong, but he was the only player who remotely looked like making anything happen all game even if he is well off the finished article. Still think a player worth persevering there.

Willock, Chair and Anderson all together seems too one paced, especially when Chair is struggling for fitness. Utterly frustrating the amount of times they collectively chose not to cross when in positions to do so - and we have the huge hindrance that all three of them largely want to be on the edge of the box playing short passes severely limiting the bodies in the box on the rare occasion they played a decent ball.

Lack of pace and thrust going forward a long known, am sure it's high on Cifuentes and co list of priorities whatever league we are in. Quite frustrating watching us as pedestrian and ineffective as we were yesterday.

On to Plymouth and a bit more fight hopefully!

Yes Chair, Anderson & Willock together does come across as less than the sum of its parts, with a predictable routine of short passes , followed by more short passes at the edge the box…just felt very ponderous . I guess with Willock being below his best - that Chair - Willock linkup in so many of the early Beale games last season is a distant memory. I feel Willock is so much better when he cuts inside and he looks quite isolated for large periods being so wide. We lack a player like Amos who was good breaking from MF and capitalising on the short passes routines - maybe Hodge could play that role.
The short passes are good and accurate but progress from these at home is slow and ponderous. Maybe that’s one the differences from playing away : we seem less ponderous away from home, playing on the break.
It was very noticeable that SW central midfield functioned better than ours - Hayden’s worst game.
It is a funny game because if we’d taken our chances we’d be commenting differently, more positively. But there’s evidence now that just as we win away typically as a counterattacking team with less possession, that is also how we are undone at Loftus Road by away teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024