Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turn around, bright eyes 08:45 - Apr 7 with 890 viewsGaryBannister86

Being turned around so we don't attack the Loft second half - very rarely happens anymore (thanks goodness) but certainly didn't do Wednesday any harm. Got me wondering why it rarely happens (maybe because many more grounds this days have home ends behind both goals?) and if Wednesday did it for crowd reasons or because of the wind?

Being a Loft man, I hate it, absolutely hate it. And I know that technically we had the lower away end but don't seem to get much atmosphere down there.
Turn around, bright eyes on 08:59 - Apr 7 with 797 viewsozexile

Thanks it's an interesting question cause I use to hate it as well, and in the 80's we rarely seemed to attack the loft first half. I presume it's because whoever wins the toss wants to attack to their fans second half.
Turn around, bright eyes on 09:09 - Apr 7 with 755 viewsdaveB

Turn around, bright eyes on 08:59 - Apr 7 by ozexile

Thanks it's an interesting question cause I use to hate it as well, and in the 80's we rarely seemed to attack the loft first half. I presume it's because whoever wins the toss wants to attack to their fans second half.

I think most times teams just say stay as you are, only ever seems to happen when we are in form. Sheff Wed did it to us a few years ago as well when we beat them 4-2

It shouldn't matter but certainly didn't help with a flat atmosphere yesterday
Turn around, bright eyes on 09:14 - Apr 7 with 724 viewseastside_r

Every now and then we fall apart.
Turn around, bright eyes on 09:34 - Apr 7 with 661 viewscolinallcars

Turn around, bright eyes on 09:14 - Apr 7 by eastside_r

Every now and then we fall apart.

Every now and then, something like 7 out of 10.
Turn around, bright eyes on 09:49 - Apr 7 with 611 viewsNed_Kennedys

Turn around, bright eyes on 09:09 - Apr 7 by daveB

I think most times teams just say stay as you are, only ever seems to happen when we are in form. Sheff Wed did it to us a few years ago as well when we beat them 4-2

It shouldn't matter but certainly didn't help with a flat atmosphere yesterday

Assuming Sheffield Wednesday won the toss and made the decision it was a great tactical move by them. We hardly ever start games on the front foot and don’t score a load in the first half so having us playing the second half attacking their end definitely seemed to affect the players and the atmosphere: we never got going.
Turn around, bright eyes on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 603 viewsHamptonR

Turn around, bright eyes on 09:49 - Apr 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Assuming Sheffield Wednesday won the toss and made the decision it was a great tactical move by them. We hardly ever start games on the front foot and don’t score a load in the first half so having us playing the second half attacking their end definitely seemed to affect the players and the atmosphere: we never got going.

Phycological advantage to them, makes sense.
Turn around, bright eyes on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 508 viewsjohnhoop

It looked very much to me as if it was the scrote Bannan who made the decision to switch ends as I’m pretty sure he was their captain and he was signalling to their players to change ends after the toss.
I’ve never had any particularly strong feelings about Wednesday but after the way they deliberately took the p-ss by their prolonged celebrations in the corner of the Loft and Ellerslie yesterday, they’ve become the team I’d most like to see go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024