Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. 10:32 - Apr 7 with 2396 viewsEsox_Lucius

It used to be packed with R's fans before games when Ray & Maggie ran it but the owners since they sold up ruined the place with bad food, poor service and ever increasing prices. Good news, there is another new owner as of 2 weeks ago who told Ray was his uncle and he wants to get the cafe back to how it was when Ray owned it.
I popped in yesterday with Dave to get a cup of tea and we stayed for some food in the end. There is a good and varied menu now, prices are very reasonable and the service was faultless, you even get a Biscuit with your tea or coffee.
I am posting this to let former regulars know that it is now worth returning and has been decorated with QPR paraphernalia again.

The grass is always greener.

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 10:44 - Apr 7 with 2327 viewsted_hendrix

We went In there for the Birmingham game, we waited an age for our grub that they got wrong anyway, and It wasn't the best.
Ray and Magg's ran that cafe superbly so If Ray Is coming back then all well and good.

I used to like the Harp cafe on the Uxbridge Road, he had about 10 Chinese Women working the frying pans out the back. (long gone now).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 10:55 - Apr 7 with 2248 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 10:44 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

We went In there for the Birmingham game, we waited an age for our grub that they got wrong anyway, and It wasn't the best.
Ray and Magg's ran that cafe superbly so If Ray Is coming back then all well and good.

I used to like the Harp cafe on the Uxbridge Road, he had about 10 Chinese Women working the frying pans out the back. (long gone now).

He told me that yesterday was only the second week he had been open so you may have been served by the West Ham fan before him.
I also noticed they had a barbecue grill up and running alongside the cafe if that more to people's preference.

The grass is always greener.

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 21:22 - Apr 7 with 1763 viewsenfieldargh

We used to go to an Italian restaurant called Gio Mia on the Ux Rd massive spay bol and a bottle of red.

Sadly that closed think it became a chicken shop

This would have been early to mid nortys

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 22:03 - Apr 7 with 1605 viewswombat

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 21:22 - Apr 7 by enfieldargh

We used to go to an Italian restaurant called Gio Mia on the Ux Rd massive spay bol and a bottle of red.

Sadly that closed think it became a chicken shop

This would have been early to mid nortys

Used to go as well , great food and a decent house red , yes a chicken shop has been there since it shut I’m sorry to say , also another old fav long gone , the house of pies on the Uxbridge road near the ground , don’t think it ever closed always seems to be open what ever time of the day

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 00:20 - Apr 8 with 1474 viewspaulhoop2

The ritz was my guilty pleasure on the Goldhawk road run by Cypriot qpr nuts it just vanished one year
[Post edited 9 Apr 16:53]

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 00:39 - Apr 8 with 1451 viewsNed_Kennedys

Anyone remember The Hat Shop on Goldhawk Road? Think it had a hat display in the window but was a pizza and burger place: used to go there with my Dad before games. Also used to be an American diner set back down an alley on Goldhawk Road: seem to remember it had a car inside?
QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 01:23 - Apr 8 with 1418 viewsBoston

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 10:44 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

The Harp was the balls, maaaaahn

Think the owner was married to half a dozen of those women.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 19:40 - Apr 8 with 1046 viewsdmm

Cafe Rest on the Goldhawk Road was my choice if I wanted some post game grub, which isn't often. Sadly that's long gone.

Mr Falafel in the market still makes the best falafel wrap in London though.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 16:30 - Apr 9 with 610 viewsPBLOCK

QPR Cafe, Bloemfontein Road. on 19:40 - Apr 8 by dmm

Cafe Rest on the Goldhawk Road was my choice if I wanted some post game grub, which isn't often. Sadly that's long gone.

Mr Falafel in the market still makes the best falafel wrap in London though.

Big thumbs up for Cafe Rest (latterly Paddy’s portions)

Saturday lunchtime Double Sausage Double Egg Chips and Beans Bread and Butter and a cup of tea

Midweek Sausage Mash Peas Gravy and Onions

Both followed up by beers in The Bush Ranger

Simpler times that I remember fondly

The Italian on the Uxbridge road given a shout further up was also decent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024