Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 15:48 - Apr 7 with 1169 viewsParkRoyalR

Given we now have 4 quality 10's and Smyth's crossing is inaccurate, would he be better used as a 2nd striker when we go to 3-5-2.

Always lively, quick, can beat a man and just seems to have a footballers instinct which is lacking amongst our forwards.

My preference is to starts Dykes (just ignore that bit if you don't agree)) to get some control of the game but if I'm Manager and I want to go 2 upfront they have to play close together and Smyth is the better option for me,

Armstrong (needs L1/L2 football to develop like Smyth) or Frey (too immobile and needs a pre-season before I make the dreaded Conor Washington call on him) just not doing it for me right now.
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 16:41 - Apr 7 with 1052 viewsPunteR

Have we tried Dunne there yet?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 18:57 - Apr 7 with 931 viewsdaveB

If we going to play 2 up front then pick 2 of Armstrong, Dykes and Frey, I don't see the point in putting Smyth up front, he's not a good finisher and can't really play with his back to goal.
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 20:00 - Apr 7 with 852 viewsParkRoyalR

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 18:57 - Apr 7 by daveB

If we going to play 2 up front then pick 2 of Armstrong, Dykes and Frey, I don't see the point in putting Smyth up front, he's not a good finisher and can't really play with his back to goal.

Scored some quality goals for Northern Ireland + Leyton Orient and I have him as a more natural finisher + footballer than Dykes or Armstrong (jury out on Frey)

If we play a 2 they have to be able to play together and I think Smyth could play off the shoulder of both Dykes + Frey.
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 22:05 - Apr 7 with 712 viewswombat

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 20:00 - Apr 7 by ParkRoyalR

Scored some quality goals for Northern Ireland + Leyton Orient and I have him as a more natural finisher + footballer than Dykes or Armstrong (jury out on Frey)

If we play a 2 they have to be able to play together and I think Smyth could play off the shoulder of both Dykes + Frey.

He’s also been more effective playing off the left wing not the right wing for both orient and Northern Ireland . We don’t ever play him in that position for some reason

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 22:31 - Apr 7 with 662 viewsdaveB

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 20:00 - Apr 7 by ParkRoyalR

those goals are from out wide though, he's never a centre forward
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 23:33 - Apr 7 with 605 viewsParkRoyalR

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 22:31 - Apr 7 by daveB

those goals are from out wide though, he's never a centre forward

You say Smyth's not a good finisher (disagree) and he can't play with his back to goal (doesn't need to if playing off Dykes in a 2) but Armstrong can't play with his back to goal and Marti plays him as a lone striker and not sure anyone would say Armstrong's a better finisher than Smyth?

We changed to a 3-5-2 yesterday but it just seemed so chaotic and bringing Albert on so late made no sense at all.

Smyth has to be a better option as a 2nd striker than a very raw + inexperienced Armstrong.
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 14:27 - Apr 9 with 404 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 16:41 - Apr 7 by PunteR

Have we tried Dunne there yet?

He went up front when Albert came on.
Smyth as our 2nd Striker when we go 3-5-2 on 14:32 - Apr 9 with 391 viewsTheChef

Regardless, Smyth is still much more effective as a sub (as is Armstrong) so tonight I'd be keep them on the bench to bring on if required.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024