Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All-Irelands 2024 Thread 14:07 - Apr 22 with 1378 viewsMrSheen

Ludicrously early start has caught us out again, but so far so good for me as:
1) Tipp hurlers haven't played anyone yet
2) Both Cork teams have
Can't see past the two champions, though even a Kilkenny win might be welcome by now and someone from Ulster must have a chance in the football. Any more expert opinions here?
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 1328 viewsWatfordR

Sadly the Dubs have looked a class apart in the football, I don't think anyone will get near them.

I haven't seen that much hurling so far this year.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 1312 viewsTomS

Derry are progressing nicely in the football and will throw down the gauntlet to Dublin and Kerry this year. They won the League final in a thriller against Dublin and there was nothing to choose between them on the pitch. Derry have more scope to improve than Dublin.

As to the hurling, you want to look past Limerick but you can't. No matter what challenge is put to them, they always find the answers and come out on top by the end. Clare should have held onto their lead against them yesterday, but didn't. Limerick keep finding a way to win and you just have to admire that.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 15:01 - Apr 22 with 1282 viewsPaddyhoops

Farcical playing championship football/ hurling in April.
My lot Roscommon well beaten by Mayo yesterday .
Huge shock , Donegal Beating Derry.
Dublin again , sadly . In hurling kilkenny have to surely come good soon .
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 1205 viewskingsburyR

Mayo 4 Sam as it has been for the last 70 years.

Surely it's this year!!! LOL

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 18:42 - Apr 22 with 1105 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Limerick showing weaknesses at the moment, just not sure there's another good team out there.

Dublin are evolving and may even be improving, but Donegal and Derry are serious teams with serious management. Mayo are also a serious team, just not sure about their management.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:29 - Apr 23 with 956 viewsCLAREMAN1995

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 18:42 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Limerick showing weaknesses at the moment, just not sure there's another good team out there.

Dublin are evolving and may even be improving, but Donegal and Derry are serious teams with serious management. Mayo are also a serious team, just not sure about their management.

Did you say you are a coach or a Ref Brian because I still cannot figure out how Limerick were awarded 2 goals when Gillane was clearly in the square both times .
No excuse for Clare throwing it away of course but 2 goals would kill any team and they got 3 in a few minutes.
Their goalkeeper saved them while Clare's did not
Watched Kerry V Cork and saw something I never witnessed in my life watching GAA.
Kerry held the ball for almost 3 minutes passing around while Cork stayed in their half and never came out once to contest the posession so they basically ran out the clock . So Bizzare is that a regular thing now ?
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:41 - Apr 23 with 940 viewsBoston

All Limerick need for success is, five good lines.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 07:24 - Apr 23 with 890 viewsGroveR

Although this has been the case since 2018, the Munster championship is relentless and brutal. There's added incentive this year with the perception that to stop the 5 in a row, you have to stop Limerick in the round robin.

Most of the starters in the final last year would have played 30 games, some more and hurling is a hard game on the body. There were 5 lads on the panel from my parish club (Doon) 2 years ago, then 3 and I think only Adam English this year. All injuries.
Login to get fewer ads

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 07:42 - Apr 23 with 867 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:29 - Apr 23 by CLAREMAN1995

Did you say you are a coach or a Ref Brian because I still cannot figure out how Limerick were awarded 2 goals when Gillane was clearly in the square both times .
No excuse for Clare throwing it away of course but 2 goals would kill any team and they got 3 in a few minutes.
Watched Kerry V Cork and saw something I never witnessed in my life watching GAA.
Kerry held the ball for almost 3 minutes passing around while Cork stayed in their half and never came out once to contest the posession so they basically ran out the clock . So Bizzare is that a regular thing now ?

Hi Bannerman,

Yes, I do some coaching. You wouldn't want me as a ref! :)

Didn't watch Clare v Limerick, sorry. Heard about the two goals alright. Limerick getting the big decisions again.

Cork v Kerry was odd alright. Cork have been playing well recently and have often done well by sitting off and waiting for the turnover then counter-attacking for the goal. Didn't work on Saturday, especially when the clock was winding down, as you say. I'd like to see them push up in those instances, but maybe that would only bring a point?

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 08:44 - Apr 23 with 842 viewsMrSheen

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:29 - Apr 23 by CLAREMAN1995

Teams passing the ball around like 2013 Swansea City, hoping to win by a single digit score (were Tyrone the first) have turned me off watching much football. I much prefer the frantic aggression of hurling.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 09:10 - Apr 23 with 825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 08:44 - Apr 23 by MrSheen

Teams passing the ball around like 2013 Swansea City, hoping to win by a single digit score (were Tyrone the first) have turned me off watching much football. I much prefer the frantic aggression of hurling.

Kerry were the first:

First to have over 100 handpasses in a Final
First to have over 200, and
First to have over 300.

There's a move back towards more direct football, Sheener, might be worth checking back in to some teams - Tyrone, Galway, Dublin (sort of), Donegal (maybe).

Even some of the handpassing teams are trying to run the ball with more pace now.
Hope it lasts.

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 09:39 - Apr 23 with 777 viewsDannyPaddox

65 years is a mighty long time
Up the Déise!
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 19:12 - Apr 28 with 397 viewsMrSheen

Ah well, still broken even on the weekend.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 01:22 - Apr 29 with 303 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Clare spring back to life surviving a bloodbath in Cork city where the body count was high but another superb game of hurling .
Limerick are dominating as usual but Tipp look like they are rubbish so far but have 3 more chances .
Kilkenny got caught at the death by Galway so they will just meet again in the Leinster Final so business as usual.
Great weekend in my house , QPR won ,Clare won and just watched Lowry and McIllroy win the New Orleans PGA tournament
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 06:58 - Apr 29 with 264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 01:22 - Apr 29 by CLAREMAN1995

Clare spring back to life surviving a bloodbath in Cork city where the body count was high but another superb game of hurling .
Limerick are dominating as usual but Tipp look like they are rubbish so far but have 3 more chances .
Kilkenny got caught at the death by Galway so they will just meet again in the Leinster Final so business as usual.
Great weekend in my house , QPR won ,Clare won and just watched Lowry and McIllroy win the New Orleans PGA tournament

Congrats Bannerman. Well deserved victory.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024