Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds 10:58 - Apr 24 with 34995 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Will give this another go if ok even with hot favourites Leeds in town.

St George’s Day there, ANZAC day here tomorrow in Aus and NZ- so we keep the spirit of no surrender till we safe.

Heart 2 1 to us, head 0-2. A draw will be victorious.

For those going, give our lads that extra salvo of energy.

DonnieR

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 01:22 - Apr 27 with 1169 viewsDamo1962

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 22:47 - Apr 26 by Rangersw12

Told ya we wouldn't go down

Up the Rangers
[Post edited 26 Apr 22:54]

You called it fella 🙂
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 01:23 - Apr 27 with 1164 viewsDamo1962

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 23:03 - Apr 26 by GaryT

If the Eze sale goes through, that performance is going to tip the scales for a few players to want to come and join us. It just gets better and better.

We are long overdue some nice things Gary😁
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 02:15 - Apr 27 with 1061 viewsManinBlack

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 22:34 - Apr 26 by kropotkin41

What have I missed?

We're suddenly very popular with Ipswich fans.

And with Leicester fans too looking at the net at 2am as I can't sleep after that result.
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 07:20 - Apr 27 with 818 viewsswitchingcode

Two words sum that game up”The Championship”best league in the world and never forget it
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 07:47 - Apr 27 with 732 viewsSpaceman_P

To sum up the positives of yesterday.

1. We stayed up - they turned up when they most needed too and Dunne team-talked them into Brazil circa 76'

2. We beat Leeds - scuppering their chances of automatic promotion and essentially gifting Ipswich the chance.

3. We ruined those biased sky commentators nights.

4. Danish Jesus scored his first for the club and you could see how much it meant to him

5. Ilias cut in the inside like he normally does and it worked.

6. Marti is god and with the help of Anderson I am sure he will turn water to wine after Coventry

7. The new kit didn't actually look too bad in the flesh

8. Begovic even showed up

9. Dykes and Field fully deserved their goals.... nice way to end the campaign in a way.

10. This team has a great team spirit, there are NO cunnies in the team right now, they all seem to be working together.
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 07:54 - Apr 27 with 694 viewsnix

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 07:20 - Apr 27 by switchingcode

Two words sum that game up”The Championship”best league in the world and never forget it

Yeah! Even Sky 'Premier League' Sports have in their marketing for the final run-in of the promotion race 'why would anyone want to leave this league'. It really is fantastic the way bottom three sides can genuinely outplay top three sides, not just fluke it.

If it wasn't for the old unsustainable financially thing, I'd rather continue to play in the Championship than go into the hugely rigged Prem. Even the football isn't always a better watch. Having seen sainted Pep's CIty spending most of the match closing down little Brighton this week in pretty much peak Barnsley under Ismael style even the football is sometimes more fun.

This season has been the best I can remember for excitement at both ends of the table, and if Ipswich manage the automatic place it'll be arguably as big an achievement as Leicester winning the Prem, given they have only just been promoted to the Championship.

Also how much more refreshing to hear Marti and Farke being interviewed after the match: humble and gracious in victory from Marti, honest and generous in loss from Farke. I can't imagine punchy Prem managers like Klopp, Pep and Dyche behaving similarly.

Not being sour grapes though, this is a general point about how squillions of money at the very top of the Prem is killing some of the things that make the sport special. You've made a tremendous achievement to go up and stay up season after season. It would be just nice to think you had an outside chance to win the damn thing, which I don't think would be possible now, as things have got even harder since Leicester did it.
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:01 - Apr 27 with 658 viewsslmrstid

Unbelievable performance and evening last night. Best for years at home.

Took me 3 hours to get home 'cos of the fkn M1 and I didnt get in til 1.30am but for last night I didn't care. Wow.

We're at the point of the season where teams that need to win at the top, usually do and find a way (as evidenced by Leeds squeaking Middlesbrough out 4-3 on Monday) I thought we'd play well but go down 1-0 or 2-1 and be left sweating on today so gawd knows where that collapse came from for Leeds. But who cares, not me! Wow.

As an aside, what was the whole booing of Mark Prince by those muppets about at half time? A weirdly unnecessarily unsavoury incident, certainly those participating in the Leeds end not covering themselves in glory.

Oh, also, did anyone know Leeds is in Yorkshire? Heard them mention it once or twice outside...
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:04 - Apr 27 with 650 viewsThGrimRanger

what a time to drop the performance of the season. that needs to be our blueprint for next season.

ps field was my motm

TheGrimRanger

Login to get fewer ads

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:14 - Apr 27 with 605 viewsdmm

Please can a few post their analysis of how they Cifuentes' tactics? I want to better understand how he out thought Farke last night. All the players were great of course but it felt like Cifuentes took Farke by surprise throughout the game.

After the debacle of our first game of the season - Watford 4-0 QPR, who would have thought we'd bookend (just about) the season with QPR 4-0 Leeds? Truly remarkable.
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:18 - Apr 27 with 574 viewsSpaceman_P

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:14 - Apr 27 by dmm

Please can a few post their analysis of how they Cifuentes' tactics? I want to better understand how he out thought Farke last night. All the players were great of course but it felt like Cifuentes took Farke by surprise throughout the game.

After the debacle of our first game of the season - Watford 4-0 QPR, who would have thought we'd bookend (just about) the season with QPR 4-0 Leeds? Truly remarkable.

and to top it off, we MIGHT finish above Watford, imagine that!
Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:36 - Apr 27 with 491 viewshubble

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 07:54 - Apr 27 by nix

Yeah! Even Sky 'Premier League' Sports have in their marketing for the final run-in of the promotion race 'why would anyone want to leave this league'. It really is fantastic the way bottom three sides can genuinely outplay top three sides, not just fluke it.

If it wasn't for the old unsustainable financially thing, I'd rather continue to play in the Championship than go into the hugely rigged Prem. Even the football isn't always a better watch. Having seen sainted Pep's CIty spending most of the match closing down little Brighton this week in pretty much peak Barnsley under Ismael style even the football is sometimes more fun.

This season has been the best I can remember for excitement at both ends of the table, and if Ipswich manage the automatic place it'll be arguably as big an achievement as Leicester winning the Prem, given they have only just been promoted to the Championship.

Also how much more refreshing to hear Marti and Farke being interviewed after the match: humble and gracious in victory from Marti, honest and generous in loss from Farke. I can't imagine punchy Prem managers like Klopp, Pep and Dyche behaving similarly.

Not being sour grapes though, this is a general point about how squillions of money at the very top of the Prem is killing some of the things that make the sport special. You've made a tremendous achievement to go up and stay up season after season. It would be just nice to think you had an outside chance to win the damn thing, which I don't think would be possible now, as things have got even harder since Leicester did it.

Another thing from last night: because this was the only live football, a lot of fans of Premier league clubs watched the game, and the general consensus I saw on Twitter was not just what a great game it was for the neutrals (well, kind of neutral, there ain't a lot of love for Leeds out there!), but also the joy of watching the football flow, unencumbered by VAR. It further underlines all the other points about the vulgar money grubbing premier league. The sooner the 'top' clubs fck off and form their own league the better. The Championship still upholds (just about) the purity of the game we love.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 10:38 - Apr 27 with 354 viewsDorse

Marti-His Part in our Victory-match thread vs Weeds on 08:14 - Apr 27 by dmm

Tactically, I think Leeds were spooked by the way Willock came across to Chair and doubled up. It pulled their covering players out of position and opened up space for Andersen and Paal. Also, both Colback and Field seemed to be starting a few yards further forward. At 2-0, they fell back a bit and it was noticeably less difficult for their midfield.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024