Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearest pub to where you live 20:09 - Jun 1 with 11384 viewsqpr_1968

just an out of season bit of fun.....

are you blessed with a diamond of a boozer...great food, cheap drink, great atmosphere, country pub...that makes you a regular.
or tarnished with an absolute shitehole....that you never go near, unless its the only one for miles.

mine is the princess vic, uxbridge road, food a la carte, local for match days,
happy hour monday to friday , two for one...morretti the favourite, cant think what the other two are though.......5pm to 7pm.
prices are top end of the average pub.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nearest pub to where you live on 18:56 - Jun 6 with 1948 viewsSonofNorfolt

Nearest pub to where you live on 18:44 - Jun 6 by cyprusmel

Many years ago I used to play darts for the Eastcote Arms, is it still there ?

It wasn't the Eastcote Arms I played for it was the Clay Pigeon Eastcote , my memory failed me but it was a very long time ago in the 60's, same question though has the Clay survived.
[Post edited 8 Jun 16:37]

Nope, been shut for years, they still haven't finished the flats there though.

The Black Horse in Greenford has been shut for 18 months now, it still hurts when I pass by.
If my crypto investments come in I will become the new owner, and will bar anyone who's jib I do not care for. Just like it used to be.
It will also be renamed as 'Brian Williams beard'.
Nearest pub to where you live on 19:03 - Jun 6 with 1923 viewsPaddyhoops

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:17 - Jun 2 by Watford_Ranger

Sounds like the sort of place my accent wouldn’t go down a treat. The guy who cut my hair near the football ground claimed he got a trim there sometimes.

It’s got a reputation shall we say . As has the Tudor near bushy mill lane.
Thinking about. Watford really is a wasteland for public houses.
Having said that Rickmansworth and St Albans have always had decent pubs.
Nearest pub to where you live on 19:09 - Jun 6 with 1899 viewsPaddyhoops

Nearest pub to where you live on 13:58 - Jun 4 by Mick_S

Two decent places, one not so decent 😉

The food in The White Bear is tremendous. The Case is a lovely summer pub. The other one is full of that lot from north Battersea.

You may remember Sweeneys in Ruislip high street . Had my stag do there about twenty years ago .
Cracking pub but probably not there anymore .
Nearest pub to where you live on 20:38 - Jun 6 with 1831 viewsHooparoo

My local pub is the “Lord Stanley Hotel” - the perfect local for a QPR fan 😎🍺

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:01 - Jun 6 with 1804 viewsMick_S

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:09 - Jun 6 by Paddyhoops

You may remember Sweeneys in Ruislip high street . Had my stag do there about twenty years ago .

I’m not sure mate, but that gaff may be The Smugglers Cove these days.
Been in there once. Friendly enough, but not a place I’d hunt out. Don’t live in Ruislip so I don’t know enough about the place.
[Post edited 6 Jun 21:03]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nearest pub to where you live on 08:56 - Jun 7 with 1596 viewsSpongeParr

Nearest pub to where you live on 09:19 - Jun 6 by Drewster

I live in Lower Sunbury.
Have the Admiral Hawke next door but one to me, just been done up and is ok.
Three Fishes is 100 yards away, it’s a bit of a dive and needs major TLC.
Magpie, Phoenix, The Flower Pot and White Horse are all within 5 minutes walk and all nice enough pubs, the former 2 are on the river so great in the summer. But they are all getting expensive and won’t be far off £7 a pint soon I fear.
Conservative Club is opposite where we live and is cheap and has loads of screens and often shows QPR when we are on sky so a bonus. Cruzcampo is £4.40 a pint!

Kind of spoilt for choice really.

I live in Sunmead Road, so I know these pubs well. The Admiral is great since it has been done up. I used to love it before, purely because no one was ever in there, meaning my kids could play around freely in the side part. Now it is busy, it's harder to go for a pint as my youngest is 18 months ... so peak age of not staying still, climbing everything and running everywhere.

I like the Flower Pot. The food is normally lovely but in the same breath, had some bad meals in there. The bugers at the White Horse are banging, highly recommend those.

I haven't been in the Magpie or Pheonix in years now. Slightly too far to walk just for a pint or 2.

I drink in London Irish the most though, id say. My bros kids play there a lot, and with it being around the corner, it's handy just going there. Kids play outside and beer is cheapest.

Never been Conservative club though. I know a couple of people that go there, and one of those is a reason I don't go there haha.
Nearest pub to where you live on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 1493 viewsA40Bosh

Nearest pub to where you live on 18:44 - Jun 6 by cyprusmel

Many years ago I used to play darts for the Eastcote Arms, is it still there ?

It wasn't the Eastcote Arms I played for it was the Clay Pigeon Eastcote , my memory failed me but it was a very long time ago in the 60's, same question though has the Clay survived.
[Post edited 8 Jun 16:37]

No mate.

It was knocked down and they have spent at least 5yrs trying to replace it with a block of flats.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nearest pub to where you live on 11:06 - Jun 7 with 1457 viewsMick_S

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:53 - Jun 7 by A40Bosh

No mate.

It was knocked down and they have spent at least 5yrs trying to replace it with a block of flats.

Very handy for Wickes. Every cloud, and all that.

Login to get fewer ads

Nearest pub to where you live on 11:10 - Jun 7 with 1441 viewsqprninja

The Cherry Tree, Peverell, Plymouth. 1 mile from Home Park.
Nearest pub to where you live on 11:32 - Jun 7 with 1399 viewsw7r

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:53 - Jun 7 by A40Bosh

No mate.

Rumour I heard was that the works were being funded with Russian money and sanctions put the kibosh on it.
Nearest pub to where you live on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 1342 viewscollegeranger

So the BIG question is are any of them a "flat roofed pub"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/110906/page:1
Nearest pub to where you live on 13:07 - Jun 7 with 1281 viewsSilsoe_Rs

South Oxhey has good stronghold of fellow R’s having grown up there I can confirm there are some shall we say characters!! “The Dick” as it’s commonly known I never frequented much but the Grape Vine was a great QPR pub hoops memorabilia all over the walls before they pulled it down and put flats in its place, also lived just down the road from the badger in Meriden estate, I can confirm that was an absolute hole…

Star & Garter now my local in Silsoe next to the lovely grounds of Wrest Park heritage site.
Nearest pub to where you live on 14:28 - Jun 7 with 1183 viewsMrSheen

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:54 - Jun 2 by hantssi

I went in the Dick Whittington in South Oxhey once, luckily my mates dad had live on the estate since it was built and was very well known in the area.
Interesting to say the least!
Should be on the Flat Roof Pub thread if it’s not!
Anyway, we’re lucky down here a good mixture of “proper” pubs and Gastro pubs, I prefer going out in Southsea or Old Portsmouth though, a great selection of proper old fashioned pubs there!

The Dick Whittington sits proudly on Page 1 of the flat-roofed thread.
Nearest pub to where you live on 15:15 - Jun 7 with 1133 viewsA40Bosh

Nearest pub to where you live on 21:01 - Jun 6 by Mick_S

I’m not sure mate, but that gaff may be The Smugglers Cove these days.
Been in there once. Friendly enough, but not a place I’d hunt out. Don’t live in Ruislip so I don’t know enough about the place.
[Post edited 6 Jun 21:03]

No mate, Smugglers is at the bottom of the high st. Sweeneys was a much bigger pub further up the road. It started to get a bad reputation a while back and it got taken over by another crowd who tried to turn it into some sort of nightclub - which went down like a lead balloon with the local community Facebook page.

Last time I was in there it had reopened as some fusion Indian restaurant/cocktail bar and it was a disaster. We ended up having a row with the management when we gave up waiting for half our group to still even get their starters after an hour and a half wait.

Haven’t been back since

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 1108 viewsSheffieldHoop

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:09 - Jun 6 by Paddyhoops

Pretty sure Martin Rowlands was the final owner/publican of Sweeneys

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:51 - Jun 7 with 1064 viewshubble

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:14 - Jun 4 by queensparker

The WIV is still going but every time I’ve been in there recently it feels like The Masons did, massive lovely old building with nobody in it. I fear for it.

The one that is going gangbusters is The Island aka The Buccaneer from the old days. Gone from a flat roof pub in all but architecture to rammed out day in day out. Known locally as the raver’s graveyard due to the preponderance of knackered old parents who clearly enjoyed the 90s and now settling down (I include myself in this number)

The Chamberlayne and the Whippet (old Greyhound) seem healthy as well.

And Maggie’s Bar for the old school Irish is still one of my favourites

I’ll miss The Masons though, hope someone takes it on but the location screams “cheap new build flats”

Us true Queen's Parkers drink in The Salusbury and rarely venture across the park to Kensal Rise/Green. We're also graced with the Alice House which seems the preserve of 30 somethings and transient newbies. The Falcon has been derelict for years now and is in a sorry state.

The Salusbury has been my regular local for nearly 30 years and despite the huge changes this area has seen (i.e. from fairly ordinary to nouveau riche) it still retains its soul, as well as a lot of the local trades people, including my mate Dave, the 'plumber to the stars' and Billy the rock'n'roll builder. Bleedin' expensive though.

I used to frequent the Chamberlayne, Paradise and the William back in the day, never even been to The Whippet or the Island, but the Island sounds... interesting!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Nearest pub to where you live on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 1021 viewsQPunkR

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:51 - Jun 7 by hubble

Us true Queen's Parkers drink in The Salusbury and rarely venture across the park to Kensal Rise/Green. We're also graced with the Alice House which seems the preserve of 30 somethings and transient newbies. The Falcon has been derelict for years now and is in a sorry state.

The Salusbury has been my regular local for nearly 30 years and despite the huge changes this area has seen (i.e. from fairly ordinary to nouveau riche) it still retains its soul, as well as a lot of the local trades people, including my mate Dave, the 'plumber to the stars' and Billy the rock'n'roll builder. Bleedin' expensive though.

I used to frequent the Chamberlayne, Paradise and the William back in the day, never even been to The Whippet or the Island, but the Island sounds... interesting!

Current local is Pub de la Gare in Nyon, Switzerland.

Previous local in London was Angie's II in Westbourne Park. Popped in for a couple after the Champions League final last weekend, gawd I miss the old boozer!

QPR - "shit but local"

Nearest pub to where you live on 17:08 - Jun 7 with 971 viewsA40Bosh

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:28 - Jun 7 by SheffieldHoop

Pretty sure Martin Rowlands was the final owner/publican of Sweeneys

Yes, he was an investor in it, as was his father in law Dave.

Nearest pub to where you live on 18:47 - Jun 7 with 905 viewsqpr_1968

Nearest pub to where you live on 16:23 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Current local is Pub de la Gare in Nyon, Switzerland.

Previous local in London was Angie's II in Westbourne Park. Popped in for a couple after the Champions League final last weekend, gawd I miss the old boozer!

a fellow i work with is a local in that angies, he says their guiness is the best he's tasted.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:01 - Jun 7 with 874 viewshantssi

Nearest pub to where you live on 11:57 - Jun 7 by collegeranger

So the BIG question is are any of them a "flat roofed pub"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/110906/page:1

My favourite thread on here!
Nearest pub to where you live on 19:03 - Jun 7 with 871 viewsMick_S

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:01 - Jun 7 by hantssi

My favourite thread on here!

By a mile.

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:13 - Jun 7 with 859 viewsqueensparker

Nearest pub to where you live on 15:51 - Jun 7 by hubble

Ha - to be fair I was living (briefly) in the real Queens Park when I made my login - must be 20 years ago now… Jesus. On Harvist Road even which I since found out was one of our early grounds.

The Salusbury is a great place, used to sit in there listening to the reggae all the time

The Queens Park pub I really miss is The Corrib. Loved it in there. A real shame that got shut down, it was a proper place in the old days, you never quite knew which set of reprobates were going to be hiring the function room on any given night!
[Post edited 7 Jun 19:15]
Nearest pub to where you live on 09:52 - Jun 8 with 647 viewscuprunnethover

A while ago, The Northwood Hills Hotel, Elton used to play there with his piano strategically placed to escape any trouble by exiting through the window. George Hill the landlord gave us £10 to find another pub :)
Nowadays The Swan in Compton https://ibb.co/qBSFmWQ with its own recycling centre but with character!
Nearest pub to where you live on 11:02 - Jun 8 with 603 viewspeakqpr

Nearest pub to where you live on 10:30 - Jun 2 by Watford_Ranger

Watford is a bit of a wasteland for decent pubs. Bit of a wasteland for anything really even with the money pumped in but it’s been a few years since I lived there.

Loads of pubs down here in glorious Hove and one has a QPR landlord.

I live between two pubs in a small (400 pop) Peak District village which has, in total, seven pubs and three restaurants serving beer.
All are very touristy but we locals are well served and all offer a locals price.
Nearest pub to where you live on 13:25 - Jun 8 with 536 viewshubble

Nearest pub to where you live on 19:13 - Jun 7 by queensparker

Ha - to be fair I was living (briefly) in the real Queens Park when I made my login - must be 20 years ago now… Jesus. On Harvist Road even which I since found out was one of our early grounds.

The Salusbury is a great place, used to sit in there listening to the reggae all the time

The Queens Park pub I really miss is The Corrib. Loved it in there. A real shame that got shut down, it was a proper place in the old days, you never quite knew which set of reprobates were going to be hiring the function room on any given night!
[Post edited 7 Jun 19:15]

I miss The Corrib too mate, it was a fantastic place to watch football and the last proper Irish pub in the area west of Kilburn High Road.

This has been discussed in the election thread, but the rapidly changing demographics of this part of the world has definitely seen off several pubs, as the traditional customer base has been replaced by non-drinkers.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024