Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed cameras. 09:42 - Jun 4 with 1789 viewsSnipper

I was up in Leeds yesterday, and I had to get 2 cabs.

The amount of speed cameras up there is insane. Most of them are those big GATSO things. There seemed to one every 200 yards or so.

London doesn’t seem as bad after that.
Speed cameras. on 10:25 - Jun 4 with 1675 viewsJuzzie

Well, it's obvious innit.... Leeds always have more....
Speed cameras. on 10:37 - Jun 4 with 1634 viewsstowmarketrange

Speed cameras. on 10:25 - Jun 4 by Juzzie

Well, it's obvious innit.... Leeds always have more....

Aren’t they the champions of Europe when it comes to the amount of speed cameras?
Speed cameras. on 11:46 - Jun 4 with 1478 viewsGloucs_R

Speed cameras are everywhere at the moment. I have never seen so many and they are getting sneakier.

Protecting the public or deliberately making it more expensive to drive?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Speed cameras. on 12:10 - Jun 4 with 1418 views1MoreBrightonR

Speed cameras. on 11:46 - Jun 4 by Gloucs_R

Speed cameras are everywhere at the moment. I have never seen so many and they are getting sneakier.

"Protecting the public or deliberately making it more expensive to drive?" - Probably both to be fair. Councils make a lot of money from them but at the same time, you only get caught if you go above the speed limit. This isn't me being preachy....i had to do a speed awareness course earlier this year for doing 23 in a 20 mile zone!

I get its annoying when they are sneaky but if often see people tearing along my local roads at 40 oor 50 in a 20 mile zone, because they know there arent cameras there.
Speed cameras. on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 1315 viewsTheChef

Speed cameras. on 11:46 - Jun 4 by Gloucs_R

Making money (or still recouping post Covid) under the guise of "protecting the public".

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Speed cameras. on 13:49 - Jun 4 with 1159 viewscharmr

Don’t forget paying for parking. Local councils having to generate income due to budget cuts. Ruislip high st got mullered untill they changed it to 20 mins free.
Speed cameras. on 17:22 - Jun 4 with 903 viewsLblock

The speed cameras oop in Leeds are really old.

They're falling apart.

Again.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Speed cameras. on 19:54 - Jun 4 with 725 viewspaulhoop2

Got done recently on the mway was one of the ones that sits to the left of the gantries been going through it for years but must have switched them on properly. Now got 3 points as did a speed awareness in lockdown so just missed the cut off by literally a few weeks was gutted

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Speed cameras. on 20:52 - Jun 4 with 650 viewsSpaceman_P

Once had a drunk mate on the Uxbridge Road, who tried to run past a speed camera and get flashed, suffice to say, he didn't get to 30mph
Speed cameras. on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 581 viewshantssi

5 years of roadworks on the M27 to convert it into a “smart” motorway without a ticket and got done within 3 months of it opening, apparently the cameras on the gantries are always on!
Less than 2 years later and the same stretch is now back at 50 (if you’re lucky!) being dug up to be resurfaced, why couldn’t they have done it at the same time?!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024