Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor 20:05 - Jul 3 with 3072 viewsQuillPenRiot

For the kids, and maybe a certain striker, or two

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/july/03/kevin-betsy-joins-as-individual-developm

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 22:14 - Jul 3 with 2674 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Interesting what he said about adding 1% improvement to the players. Those fine margins and all that.

Still feels weird that we seem to be making grown-up decisions.
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 07:22 - Jul 4 with 2308 viewsWokingR

I remember when he started out as a player at Woking.
He was an obvious talent
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 07:38 - Jul 4 with 2265 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 22:14 - Jul 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Interesting what he said about adding 1% improvement to the players. Those fine margins and all that.

Still feels weird that we seem to be making grown-up decisions.

I'm fearful of using my out-loud voice, but everything post-SLF seems more considered and professional.

Still has to work mind you, but you do feel it's moving forward, and Nourry really has been laying the groundwork with decisions that offer more confidence in delivering above the median line of successful strategic short- and long-term goals.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 08:33 - Jul 4 with 2139 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Won't we need more than 1% for some players though?
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:09 - Jul 4 with 1946 viewsWokingR

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 08:33 - Jul 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Won't we need more than 1% for some players though?

He just needs to get Taylor Richards to put his boots on.
There's an easy and immediate 80% straight away.
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:18 - Jul 4 with 1895 viewsHoopsie

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:09 - Jul 4 by WokingR

He just needs to get Taylor Richards to put his boots on.
There's an easy and immediate 80% straight away.

And lacing his boots complete the 100%

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 1850 viewsBoston

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 07:38 - Jul 4 by PlanetHonneywood

I'm fearful of using my out-loud voice, but everything post-SLF seems more considered and professional.

Still has to work mind you, but you do feel it's moving forward, and Nourry really has been laying the groundwork with decisions that offer more confidence in delivering above the median line of successful strategic short- and long-term goals.

SLF never did it for me either, more of an Undertones type really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:30 - Jul 4 with 1826 viewsE15Hoop

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:25 - Jul 4 by Boston

SLF never did it for me either, more of an Undertones type really.

Showing your age there, Boston! There's probably only me, the Irish contingent and Colinallcars who truly understand the cut of your jib
Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:33 - Jul 4 with 1815 viewsTheChef

Arguably more post Hoos than post SLF.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:12 - Jul 4 with 1717 viewsE15Hoop

Can anyone truly comprehend just how radically the feel, character and - to use the buzzword of the moment - the "culture" of this club has changed in just 12 months?

Truly astonishing...
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:23 - Jul 4 with 1684 viewsQuillPenRiot

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:12 - Jul 4 by E15Hoop

Can anyone truly comprehend just how radically the feel, character and - to use the buzzword of the moment - the "culture" of this club has changed in just 12 months?

Truly astonishing...

Nourry can ofc and he has the vocabulary for it
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:28 - Jul 4 with 1669 viewsE17hoop

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:12 - Jul 4 by E15Hoop

Truly astonishing...

As I've said before, the culture of an organisation is defined by the worst behaviour it is willing to accept. From a completely external view it's possible to see what's changed and suggest where Nourry has changed things.

Firstly, I'd guess he's carried out/is carrying out a root and branch review of what's not been working at the club. That means standards will have been re-written and reiterated, stating what isn't acceptable. With MC he's got a manager on the playing side who works to those standards and has the integrity to follow them through; the sense that eyes, mouth and feet all point in the dame direction. With GA, it always felt he wasn't quite attuned in the same way.

The culture is maintained by the people and is the glue which holds the processes, systems and ways of working together. If the culture is poor, that's because people in the org and behaving in a way which maintains it. Again, Nourry has seen that and has to 'change the people or change the people'. Some will have accepted the shift in direction - e.g. Sinton and signed up to this way of working. We're seeing that benefit in some people's attitude and performance but also in things like a well designed pre-season, published well in advance an an improvement on the previous year. Some people won't be able to adapt to this new way of working or have chosen to use this as the opportunity to leave.

It takes a long time to shift an org culture and it happens slowly and then all at once. You'll see little happening and then it's all completely different. We're noticing it now because, after a few weeks of us not registering much in the close season, there's a wave of news stories. Credit to Nourry for how he's managed the comms on this too; I'd suggest there's loads more going to happen and we're seeing it dripped out daily over the next 4 weeks or so up to the start of the season.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 1613 viewsE15Hoop

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:28 - Jul 4 by E17hoop

As I've said before, the culture of an organisation is defined by the worst behaviour it is willing to accept. From a completely external view it's possible to see what's changed and suggest where Nourry has changed things.

Firstly, I'd guess he's carried out/is carrying out a root and branch review of what's not been working at the club. That means standards will have been re-written and reiterated, stating what isn't acceptable. With MC he's got a manager on the playing side who works to those standards and has the integrity to follow them through; the sense that eyes, mouth and feet all point in the dame direction. With GA, it always felt he wasn't quite attuned in the same way.

The culture is maintained by the people and is the glue which holds the processes, systems and ways of working together. If the culture is poor, that's because people in the org and behaving in a way which maintains it. Again, Nourry has seen that and has to 'change the people or change the people'. Some will have accepted the shift in direction - e.g. Sinton and signed up to this way of working. We're seeing that benefit in some people's attitude and performance but also in things like a well designed pre-season, published well in advance an an improvement on the previous year. Some people won't be able to adapt to this new way of working or have chosen to use this as the opportunity to leave.

It takes a long time to shift an org culture and it happens slowly and then all at once. You'll see little happening and then it's all completely different. We're noticing it now because, after a few weeks of us not registering much in the close season, there's a wave of news stories. Credit to Nourry for how he's managed the comms on this too; I'd suggest there's loads more going to happen and we're seeing it dripped out daily over the next 4 weeks or so up to the start of the season.

Brilliantly summarised, Fella - thank you.

it really feels like we have well and truly turned a corner in a highly significant way, and that we are absolutely destined for success, whatever "success" might end up looking like for us.
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:48 - Jul 4 with 1564 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't see any of that, Hon. At least not yet.

I see a lot of talk, but it's far too early to tell and far too hard to tell if it's just the same old talk we've heard so many, many times before. Or something real.

I think the team's culture is far better - we can see that with our own eyes - but that's down to Cifuentes, and were he to be replaced by Redknapp in the morning I'm not sure the club's culture is any stronger than it has been of late.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 13:05 - Jul 4 with 1537 viewsNorthLondonR

This seems like a great move, I was reading somewhere a week or two ago how Musiala has credited Betsy for part of his development, think it was the BBC.
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 13:08 - Jul 4 with 1527 viewsE15Hoop

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:48 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I see a lot of talk, but it's far too early to tell and far too hard to tell if it's just the same old talk we've heard so many, many times before. Or something real.

I think the team's culture is far better - we can see that with our own eyes - but that's down to Cifuentes, and were he to be replaced by Redknapp in the morning I'm not sure the club's culture is any stronger than it has been of late.

I get that its early days, Brian, but these are truly seismic shifts in the whole DNA of the club being undertaken with swift and surgical precision.

I'm struggling to think of a time in the club's entire history where there's been such clear and tangible evidence of a clear and structured roadmap. I don't think even the halcyon days of the mid-70s or 80's compare to this, as, although we had a great playing stuff with visionary managers like Sexton and Venables, the supporting infrastructure wasn't particularly finely tuned, as we subsequently found out to our cost.

You can tell it must be real, as even I'm starting to sound like Nourry now!
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 13:28 - Jul 4 with 1464 viewsHayesender

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 11:30 - Jul 4 by E15Hoop

Showing your age there, Boston! There's probably only me, the Irish contingent and Colinallcars who truly understand the cut of your jib

An alternative Les

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 14:06 - Jul 4 with 1376 viewsE15Hoop

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 13:28 - Jul 4 by Hayesender

An alternative Les

Couldn't have put it better myself (especially as I don't have a Belfast accent )
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 14:13 - Jul 4 with 1362 viewsBoston

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 13:28 - Jul 4 by Hayesender

An alternative Les

We're going to field a teenage squad and teach them how to kick.

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 14:17 - Jul 4 with 1335 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 12:48 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I hope you're right, E15. I'm not trying to be cynical, I promise!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 17:52 - Jul 4 with 1011 viewsBoston

I never really took a look into Mr Nourry before, so today, on America's celebration of independence from those dastardly British, I've plodded through vids and fings to, if not fully understand, at least discover for myself, where the bloke's coming from.
I was tempted to attempt a long-winded analysis, but bollox, this is a holiday and there's many a football genius who can put pen to paper, but...I'm generally cheered for the club by my reading, though personally, I don't know if I'm comfortable for the direction of football itself. I think we have someone who's out to prove his worth and we just happen to be the right type of candidate for his modern world system of management. He's brutal, (as they used to say on US cop shows, "just the facts, ma'am"), there won't be any leeway for the mediocrity which has bedeviled us for years and, while I think he's not out to make friends, will garner respect with his no-nonsense approach to time wasters.

I misread a line earlier which made me laugh, it stated how Nourry had been appointed CEO and that Lee Hoos had been retained as a barman!

Handy name for our Irish fans, just think Newry.
[Post edited 4 Jul 17:53]

Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 20:18 - Jul 4 with 805 viewsPhilmyRs

I didn’t know much about this guy. Enjoyable article in the Times (more to do with the players) and the small role he played in Bellingham and Musiala and their friendship and rise up the football tree. A few quotes from Betsy and seemed he played a bit of a role in developing both players on and off the pitch. Sounds promising.
Kevin Betsy - in house tutor on 09:36 - Jul 5 with 455 viewsstantheman10

In the immortal words of Snagglepuss 'Heavens to Betsy'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024