Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar - Nothing Again 22:01 - Oct 22 with 1887 viewsNorthantsHoop

Is he just a dud or not interested, Lloyd looked much more up for it when he came on.
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 339 viewsnumptydumpty

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:05 - Oct 22 by BostonR

Does anyone know what the total goals scored is for centre-forwards we have owned in the last 10 seasons up to and including tonight. It must be abysmal given Celar is worse than Dykes and Washington.

Sylla, Wells, Hugill, Austin, Gray,.

Only five in last ten years or so that have done anything.

Sylla looked awful but did nick a few goals.

Hugill and Wells were never ours - ie loans.

Austin and Gray both scored a few but were older and both pretty immobile.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:23 - Oct 22 with 317 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:29 - Oct 22 by numptydumpty

Totally disagree. He is not in tune with what are other players are doing.

The passes on that run away from the goalkeeper who would pass to him moving away from the goal and the players got no confidence in him.Not having that he gets no service. He doesn't try and makes no runs for me.

He appears disconnected also. Like he wants to not be here.

Think if you still think he will come good Wilkins - no signs of that at all.

At least three or four crosses he did not anticipate at all. Our crossing was ok today.

We have signed a misfit.
[Post edited 22 Oct 22:32]

That's the point of that run. He creates space for the 10 through the centre, or the ball is passed to him.

Neither happen due to a lack of quality. We are simply not creating clear cut chances.

I sit in the Upper Loft right behind the goal, so I have good view. Celar is definitely making the run.

The crossing was not good today, it was awful, again. Aimless balls into the box, no one being picked out. Even our goal was through it being deflected!
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 287 viewsGroveR

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:26 - Oct 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Watch his diagonal run from the centre to behind the right centre back. He made that run several times, yet the pass never came. When it did, from Salter, it was delayed, resulting in Celar checking and then being caught offside.

It makes him look a twonk, but it is the lack of quality service. We've got to give him time.

It's not the lack of service - or at least, not just the lack of service. He sits in between the two oppo centre-backs most of the time and unless you're an exceptional striker you're getting the square root of fùck all in that position.

I saw him running the line you spotted and it's a clever line a) if you win the header (hmmm) and b) there's someone running on to the flick.

He might be a good striker but he's hiding harder than Where's Wally at the moment.
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:50 - Oct 22 with 198 viewsbaz_qpr

He was abysmal 3-5 yards of everything, weak, one paced, no anticipation ,never followed in on long shots, no hunger, no movement. I'm struggling to think of worse in the last 25 years. Would love him to succeed can only think we bought blind on the basis of international caps and Swiss league goals. If you told me he was the 2nd choice Faroe Islands striker I might understand Can see him being loaned back to somewhere in Europe. Would love to know from any of the armchair scouts where and how he has actually had success in Switzerland
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:54 - Oct 22 with 175 viewsessextaxiboy

Celar - Nothing Again on 22:26 - Oct 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Watch his diagonal run from the centre to behind the right centre back. He made that run several times, yet the pass never came. When it did, from Salter, it was delayed, resulting in Celar checking and then being caught offside.

It makes him look a twonk, but it is the lack of quality service. We've got to give him time.

I disagree .
Hate digging out individuals not least because it often bites you in the arse but...
That was a cowardly performance tonight from Celar . If you are not getting the service the least you can you is rattle into a defender or two . he ducked out of challenge after challenge When the ball is played up to him , he looks at the opposition player not the ball anticipating the hit , I can see it so can the Ref so if Celar does win the ball he concedes a free kick . He looks like a striker , has the build of one and runs like one but at the moment IMO thats where it ends .
Love to be proved wrong ..
Celar - Nothing Again on 23:54 - Oct 22 with 169 viewsHunterhoop

He offered absolutely nothing tonight. Not one ball up to him stuck. Frey is miles better. Most stuck with him on Saturday and he’s a physical bastard. Celar looks like he wants to avoid physical contact. Even his charging down of the keeper looked like he wanted to get out of the way of the ball.

He has no strength. He’s not quick. His touch isn’t much good. And he has Dykes/Washington levels of anticipation in the box. He had to get on the end of that second Smyth ball across the face.

I’m sure he’s low on confidence, and I know it’s a new league and takes time to settle. But he is not showing anything currently: ability or desire. From what we have seen to date, I think Kelman might be better than him. I don’t think his level is any higher.
Celar - Nothing Again on 00:08 - Oct 23 with 120 viewsWatford_Ranger

Celar - Nothing Again on 23:54 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

He offered absolutely nothing tonight. Not one ball up to him stuck. Frey is miles better. Most stuck with him on Saturday and he’s a physical bastard. Celar looks like he wants to avoid physical contact. Even his charging down of the keeper looked like he wanted to get out of the way of the ball.

He has no strength. He’s not quick. His touch isn’t much good. And he has Dykes/Washington levels of anticipation in the box. He had to get on the end of that second Smyth ball across the face.

I’m sure he’s low on confidence, and I know it’s a new league and takes time to settle. But he is not showing anything currently: ability or desire. From what we have seen to date, I think Kelman might be better than him. I don’t think his level is any higher.

Much like Madsen, the least you can do when you know the game is passing you by after a long run of the games passing you by is compete. Smash someone if you have to. It’s not like he’s playing against Maldini and he’s given that defence the easiest game they’ll have all season.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024