Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 21:38 - Oct 6 with 3132 viewsdigswellhoop

Harry Kane great player
but how many more micky mouse games do they play now
compared with the proper players
-2
England on 20:18 - Oct 7 with 780 viewsderbyhoop

Given his stats and longevity it's hard to argue that Kane should be considered as the best England striker of all time.
Greaves' record is similar but Greaves barely contributed outside the box. Rooney and, much earlier, Finney don't even come close.
In terms of best England player ever, you cannot ignore Charlton, Moore, Banks and Shilton. They have to be in the mix.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

0
England on 10:34 - Oct 8 with 528 viewsTheChef

England on 20:18 - Oct 7 by derbyhoop

Given his stats and longevity it's hard to argue that Kane should be considered as the best England striker of all time.
Greaves' record is similar but Greaves barely contributed outside the box. Rooney and, much earlier, Finney don't even come close.
In terms of best England player ever, you cannot ignore Charlton, Moore, Banks and Shilton. They have to be in the mix.


Shilton should have retired after the 86 World Cup though - but he wouldn't do that by himself and Bobby Robson didn't have the balls to tell him otherwise.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

1
England on 10:44 - Oct 8 with 512 viewsW7Ranger

England on 20:18 - Oct 7 by derbyhoop

Given his stats and longevity it's hard to argue that Kane should be considered as the best England striker of all time.
Greaves' record is similar but Greaves barely contributed outside the box. Rooney and, much earlier, Finney don't even come close.
In terms of best England player ever, you cannot ignore Charlton, Moore, Banks and Shilton. They have to be in the mix.


Shilton? Not for me.

But I am of an age where I only ever remember/saw the 80's onwards Shilton. Mainly the 86, 88 and 90's Shilton, who I feel was a the weak link in those tournaments, particularly in 86 and 90. Beaten in the air by a midget, who's arm wasn't even extended to score the Hand of God goal. And in '90 wasn't great v West Germany. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the deflected goal off of Parker, but he was terrible in the shoot out.

From what I've seen of 70's Shilton, he was a great keeper. But went on 5 years too long for England imo.

Contraversial opinion, but I think Pickford's a better 'keeper - certainly better than the 80's onwards Shilton.
1
England on 10:48 - Oct 8 with 499 viewsTheChef

England on 10:44 - Oct 8 by W7Ranger

Shilton? Not for me.

But I am of an age where I only ever remember/saw the 80's onwards Shilton. Mainly the 86, 88 and 90's Shilton, who I feel was a the weak link in those tournaments, particularly in 86 and 90. Beaten in the air by a midget, who's arm wasn't even extended to score the Hand of God goal. And in '90 wasn't great v West Germany. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the deflected goal off of Parker, but he was terrible in the shoot out.

From what I've seen of 70's Shilton, he was a great keeper. But went on 5 years too long for England imo.

Contraversial opinion, but I think Pickford's a better 'keeper - certainly better than the 80's onwards Shilton.


Ah come on be fair - in the West Germany shootout he dived the right way every time!

Just ten seconds too late

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

1
England on 10:51 - Oct 8 with 482 viewsW7Ranger

England on 10:48 - Oct 8 by TheChef

Ah come on be fair - in the West Germany shootout he dived the right way every time!

Just ten seconds too late


I can do that ffs!!
0
England on 11:23 - Oct 8 with 437 viewsMonkey_Roots

England on 20:10 - Oct 7 by digswellhoop

I ment never had nations leaves with poor teamsin


I actually much prefer the Nations League to what came before.

With the Nations League you actually play teams that are much better quality compared to the meaningless games against Andorra and San Marino.

Don’t get me wrong, I really hate the international breaks, as I just want my weekends filled with QPR, fantasy football and Super 6 considerations, but this format I think is much much better.

I also think Kane is the best England striker in my lifetime, and probably our best chance of winning something with England. I really hope he gets the Ballon D’or, but he’s English, and therefore likely to get overlooked for Rodri or Yamal, because Spain are the w@nk material for world football.
[Post edited 8 Oct 11:25]
1
England on 11:35 - Oct 8 with 389 viewsTheChef

England on 11:23 - Oct 8 by Monkey_Roots

I actually much prefer the Nations League to what came before.

With the Nations League you actually play teams that are much better quality compared to the meaningless games against Andorra and San Marino.

Don’t get me wrong, I really hate the international breaks, as I just want my weekends filled with QPR, fantasy football and Super 6 considerations, but this format I think is much much better.

I also think Kane is the best England striker in my lifetime, and probably our best chance of winning something with England. I really hope he gets the Ballon D’or, but he’s English, and therefore likely to get overlooked for Rodri or Yamal, because Spain are the w@nk material for world football.
[Post edited 8 Oct 11:25]


Well they won the World Cup so inevitably it'll be a Spanish winner for the next Ballon d'Or.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
England on 11:47 - Oct 8 with 353 viewsfrancisbowles

England on 11:35 - Oct 8 by TheChef

Well they won the World Cup so inevitably it'll be a Spanish winner for the next Ballon d'Or.


Hopefully Rodri. Yamal and Messi will split the Latin vote and Harry will triumph.
0
Login to get fewer ads

England on 12:40 - Oct 8 with 301 viewsTheChef

England on 11:47 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Hopefully Rodri. Yamal and Messi will split the Latin vote and Harry will triumph.


I mean personally I'd give it to the centre back Cubarsi, he was fkin immense and only 19 years old.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
England on 13:03 - Oct 8 with 274 viewsMonkey_Roots

England on 11:35 - Oct 8 by TheChef

Well they won the World Cup so inevitably it'll be a Spanish winner for the next Ballon d'Or.


Portugal never won the World Cup, yet Ronaldo won it loads.

Cubarsi was excellent, but Ballon D’or worthy?
0
England on 15:31 - Oct 8 with 180 viewsdaveB

England on 12:40 - Oct 8 by TheChef

I mean personally I'd give it to the centre back Cubarsi, he was fkin immense and only 19 years old.


Olise for me, he is incredible but didn't have a great World Cup so that might cost him.

Would love to see Kane win it
1
England on 15:39 - Oct 8 with 168 viewsMatch82

Willing to sign up for Harry Kanes stats being inflated by playing more games if you're willing to sign up for "proper players" like Dixie Dean having inflated stats because they played in a system with 5 strikers and only 2 defenders.
0
England on 16:36 - Oct 8 with 121 viewsW4Hoop

England on 20:10 - Oct 7 by digswellhoop

I ment never had nations leaves with poor teamsin


Well that clears it up...
0
England on 17:26 - Oct 8 with 79 viewsPaddyhoops

Rooney scored lots but was basically a flat track bully .
Kane is an outstanding striker and does it at the top level time and time again.
If anything, he’s a better all round player than he was 5 years ago .
England are lucky to have him .
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026