Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clear divide tonight 19:48 - Jan 2 with 5922 viewskingo

Those who went to the match and are very angry with what we saw from the officials and the living god Lamberts yellow marvels.

And those who didn't and just want to sack Warnock and hand Barton.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Clear divide tonight on 19:50 - Jan 2 with 2866 viewsNorthernr

Indeed.

And of those who want to replace Warnock, not one of them can name a suitable replacement.
Clear divide tonight on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 2837 viewsFDC

I didn't go and I neither want to sack Warnock nor "hand" Barton, whatever that involves!
Clear divide tonight on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 2837 viewsNeil_SI

I stopped bothering with the officials quite early on and have been very disappointed with the standard of refereeing in the Premier League, which can only be described at times as park standard.

The problem for us is he decided he was going to be stubborn and put in a kind of grumpy headmaster approach, where he'd give you useless free kicks that didn't mean anything (or even when you still had the ball anyway) to even it out, rather than the actual free-kicks that were in dangerous areas and allow you a chance to penetrate.

At times it felt atrocious, but the reality was, it was simply just a poor performance, as have many been and one that demonstrated a bit of a lack of understanding of the game in terms of the context of what was happening.
Clear divide tonight on 19:52 - Jan 2 with 2822 viewswittle

i went to the match and i am getting fed up with excuses its always the refs fault with warnock he needs to change the record and put an attacking side out against the teams around us.
Clear divide tonight on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 2799 viewsbaz_qpr

Clear divide tonight on 19:50 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Indeed.

And of those who want to replace Warnock, not one of them can name a suitable replacement.

Not that I want to replace Warnock but I'd take someone with the experience of Mark Hughes.

Actually IMHO we need a fresh face in the backroom (not replacement but additional) someone who can work on set pieces!

Plus we must strengthen the spine centre half, centre mid and centre forward, all either proven or on the way up. Too many 30+ in the squad as it is.
Clear divide tonight on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 2787 viewskingo

Clear divide tonight on 19:51 - Jan 2 by FDC

I didn't go and I neither want to sack Warnock nor "hand" Barton, whatever that involves!

LOL, only just noticed that but hanging is too good for Joey so he may like being handed.

Clear divide tonight on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 2769 viewsgobbles

I went. Don't be so self-important.
The ref was crap, but that doesn't excuse Barton getting needlessly involved in a confrontation and it doesn't excuse Warnock again playing one up front when we are struggling for goals.
Clear divide tonight on 19:59 - Jan 2 with 2754 viewsNeil_SI

Clear divide tonight on 19:56 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

Not that I want to replace Warnock but I'd take someone with the experience of Mark Hughes.

Actually IMHO we need a fresh face in the backroom (not replacement but additional) someone who can work on set pieces!

Plus we must strengthen the spine centre half, centre mid and centre forward, all either proven or on the way up. Too many 30+ in the squad as it is.

For me, Mark Hughes is just another person who is a bit like a Gianluca Vialli, and has never really come across as a proper manager in my eyes. There's absolutely no need to change the manager at this stage, none at all and we'd be crazy to do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Clear divide tonight on 20:01 - Jan 2 with 2734 viewsYorkRanger

Clear divide tonight on 19:59 - Jan 2 by Neil_SI

For me, Mark Hughes is just another person who is a bit like a Gianluca Vialli, and has never really come across as a proper manager in my eyes. There's absolutely no need to change the manager at this stage, none at all and we'd be crazy to do so.

Agreed appointing Mark Hughes would be a dark day for the club...
Clear divide tonight on 20:02 - Jan 2 with 2729 viewsQPR1882

Sorry guys i never went and don't want NW sacked.

SORRY
Clear divide tonight on 20:04 - Jan 2 with 2695 viewsDaiHo0p

Most of us who dont go, are watching the games on line now we are in the prem. We can make our own minds up on how we play thank you.
Clear divide tonight on 20:06 - Jan 2 with 2662 viewsDaiHo0p

Clear divide tonight on 19:56 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

Mark Hughes?

A serial failure against a serial winner?

FFS

Clear divide tonight on 20:07 - Jan 2 with 2650 viewsbaz_qpr

Clear divide tonight on 20:01 - Jan 2 by YorkRanger

Agreed appointing Mark Hughes would be a dark day for the club...

c'mon 6 years premiership management experience never relegated a team, did well with Blackburn, less so with City but took Fulham to 8th. How that would be a dark day is beyond me.

As I said I'm not advocating a change at all, but the notion there is no other manager other than Warnock that could manage us and keep us in the league is plainly nonsense.
Clear divide tonight on 20:08 - Jan 2 with 2636 viewsWestbourneR

Northern i actually try offer my answer every time you ask it - Hughes or Curbishley.

Im sorry but Warnock has been getting it wrong for a fair while. Even when we were winning today Norwich totally controlled possession a were likely to get back into it.

First he sucks the life out of SWP by playing him on the left and then drops him when his own stupid plan fails. Mackie? What the he'll did Mackie do against Arsenal, at least SWP featured and yet Mackie keeps his place even when he's clearly out of his depth. When SWP came on today in his correct position he was brilliant.

Macheda on loan is not a good signing even - my god has Warnock ever signed a good striker?

Yes I think Warnock is the problem. He's tatically incompetent. Last year Adel got us promoted and that plan is all we've got and it's isn't working. Aside from Heidur winning headers I'd love someone to tell me what our attacking game plan is.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Clear divide tonight on 20:12 - Jan 2 with 2596 viewswittle

Clear divide tonight on 20:08 - Jan 2 by WestbourneR

Northern i actually try offer my answer every time you ask it - Hughes or Curbishley.

Im sorry but Warnock has been getting it wrong for a fair while. Even when we were winning today Norwich totally controlled possession a were likely to get back into it.

First he sucks the life out of SWP by playing him on the left and then drops him when his own stupid plan fails. Mackie? What the he'll did Mackie do against Arsenal, at least SWP featured and yet Mackie keeps his place even when he's clearly out of his depth. When SWP came on today in his correct position he was brilliant.

Macheda on loan is not a good signing even - my god has Warnock ever signed a good striker?

Yes I think Warnock is the problem. He's tatically incompetent. Last year Adel got us promoted and that plan is all we've got and it's isn't working. Aside from Heidur winning headers I'd love someone to tell me what our attacking game plan is.

good post mate but you will be slaughtered for it
Clear divide tonight on 20:13 - Jan 2 with 2578 viewsDaiHo0p

Clear divide tonight on 20:12 - Jan 2 by wittle

good post mate but you will be slaughtered for it

Booh hoo Wittle..
Clear divide tonight on 20:19 - Jan 2 with 2545 viewskingo

Everyone has opinion but if you think that Norwich were better than us with 11 on the pitch, I hate to think what you were looking at. We outpassed them and consisitently got the ball to HH, who was then manhandled to the ground and play was waved on. I am not a fan of Mackie in the prem but he has scored a couple and that is probably why NW started hims and SWP did give away a goal, but I agree did play very well when he came on. We have an obvious problem at CB and Warnock HAS to defend them cause if he didn't we would get slaughtered.

Clear divide tonight on 20:19 - Jan 2 with 2540 viewsNeil_SI

He hasn’t always played Wright-Phillips on the left though, sometimes and more often, he’s played in centrally and it’s because he is better defensively and from a tactical perspective.

Mackie has done well, the only game he didn’t really perform was against Liverpool. Yes he’s shown his technical deficiencies at times, but nothing too bad and definitely not to the point that he’s been out of his depth. He’s scored twice as well, both key goals at the time, even if we lost to Sunderland, and practically made the goal for Luke Young in the first game against Norwich after striking the post, so another key moment. So he does show the composure and courage to be involved in major incidents that are largely positive for us.

Obviously we’d all like to see Wright-Phillips in his natural position where he plays best on the right, but it’s perfectly okay for Warnock to choose otherwise. Mackie has done equally as well from the left though, so you’d like to see then swapped for a bit if possible.

Macheda needs a fair crack of the whip as well. Judging him now is unfair.

As for Norwich, it's a simple comparison. They have a style of play and bought players to fit their system and philosophy. So they are all assured and know their roles and what is expected of them. We've signed better individuals, but some of those individuals are altering the style of play and system we use, depending on form and availability. To a man, we can reach far higher heights performance wise than Norwich, but we need more time to find and match their consistency.

That's the bit where Warnock is still working out his best formation and line-up, but it would be the same for the majority of manager's, due to the players we have at our disposal and the depth of the squad (or lack of).
Clear divide tonight on 20:22 - Jan 2 with 2503 viewsjonno

Clear divide tonight on 19:52 - Jan 2 by wittle

i went to the match and i am getting fed up with excuses its always the refs fault with warnock he needs to change the record and put an attacking side out against the teams around us.

Have to say I was disappointed with the kind of negative sides we are putting out for home games against sides we should be looking to attack and beat, such as Sunderland and today's opponents. I don't see the point of three defensive midfield players in these games, not only do we rarely score, we rarely look like scoring. There's no attacking impetus from central midfield. And the one dimensional tactic of simply lumping the ball up to Helguson just is not good enough. We're currently the worst team in the division IMHO.
Clear divide tonight on 20:23 - Jan 2 with 2490 viewsactonman

i couldnt go today (fcuking work) and only seen the 2nd half on tinternet.

from what i saw we looked good when we attacked the yellow ****
tarrabt looked dangerous
swp was playing where he should be and caused problems
massive void in midfield giving yellow **** loads of space (due to some c*** sending off our captain ???)

does that mean we wasted another 1st half with 1 striker (headerer) at home against a team (yellow ****) who we should be beating ?

didnt see 1st half but i am getting worried about our selections and tactics atm ?

Clear divide tonight on 20:24 - Jan 2 with 2477 viewsswisscottage

Clear divide tonight on 20:07 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

c'mon 6 years premiership management experience never relegated a team, did well with Blackburn, less so with City but took Fulham to 8th. How that would be a dark day is beyond me.

As I said I'm not advocating a change at all, but the notion there is no other manager other than Warnock that could manage us and keep us in the league is plainly nonsense.

To be honest I'm not sure what Warnock did wrong tonight.

We were well in control of the match when the ref decided to go from being just plain incompetent, to a complete idiot by sending Joey Barton off for nothing.

He can only be expected to work with what he's got, which to be brutally honest is not enough until we can sign some more players.

Ferdinand may just be up to scratch, but Gabbidon is not quite premiership level. Add to that Traore being out, and that defense is not up to scratch, much as I like Hill's tenacity.

We need a quality centre Half to play alongside Ferdinand and better backup players for the full back positions.

We also need some pace in the centre of midfield. I think Faurlin is great, but we need a strong, big, fast destroyer in the middle of the park to play alongside him and sit infront of the back four and provide the cover for our full backs as they go forward.

Until we have those two players we are going to continue to struggle when Ferdinand and/or Traore are not available, and funnily enough that's just what's on Warnock's shopping list for January.

People callign for his head at this moment in time are seriously deluding themselves if they think a) Mark Huges would come here, b) if another manager woudl do much better than warnock with the limited players available.
Clear divide tonight on 20:32 - Jan 2 with 2418 viewsSpiritofGregory

Clear divide tonight on 20:13 - Jan 2 by DaiHo0p

Booh hoo Wittle..

Hahahaha!!!

My personal choice would be Slaven Bilic although it would be tough to prise him away from Croatia due to the European Championships. However, Hughes is available and better than Warnock. He has managed at Premiership level and unlike Warnock, has never been relegated from the Premier League.

The players would certainly know who the boss is.

Clear divide tonight on 20:54 - Jan 2 with 2325 viewsessextaxiboy

Sorry to damage the original posters patronising theory further but I didn't go today (I had to take my wife's boss to the airport so I gave my st away)I don't want warnock sacked or Barton hanged so no "clear divide" but we get it ... You went to the game .
Clear divide tonight on 21:28 - Jan 2 with 2253 viewskingo

Clear divide tonight on 20:54 - Jan 2 by essextaxiboy

Sorry to damage the original posters patronising theory further but I didn't go today (I had to take my wife's boss to the airport so I gave my st away)I don't want warnock sacked or Barton hanged so no "clear divide" but we get it ... You went to the game .

Yes I did go and am still angry, but I was not trying to be patronising, merely pointing out that there was a clear anti Warnock theme before those getting back from the match put there views forward. But if you want to get the hump, join the rest who have suicidal tendancies at the moment.

Clear divide tonight on 21:49 - Jan 2 with 2205 viewsHollowayRanger

if its up to me id give warnock a new contract i want him here NEXT SEASON!

WE WERE NOWHERE FOR 15 YEARS He got us promoted were over a dozen managers failed

oh he had money so did dowie sousa magilton ,wilkins houston had premiership players and still blew it

and IF we go down name a manager BETTER than warnock at getting us re promoted!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024