Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm near Osterly 17:42 - Jan 11 with 3978 viewsNorthernr

Anybody know it? Any local knowledge
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-warren-farm-training-ground/
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 2844 viewsNorthernr

Currently looks like this

http://www.westlondonfilmoffice.co.uk/index.php?siid=6465
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:46 - Jan 11 with 2829 viewshoopstilidie

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 2804 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:44 - Jan 11 by Northernr

It's about half a mile from where I live. It's basically a big empty field used for school or sunday morning footy. Very old/derelict "changing rooms". It's VERY basic.

Sounds exactly like the sort of thing we'd have at QPR!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:54 - Jan 11 with 2759 viewsJuzzie

When at secondary school, we used to go there once a week as we had "double-period" sports lesson. Used to go by coach and always passed QPR on the A40.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 2743 viewsQPR1882

Used to play sunday football there,bit of a pig to get to transport wise.Alright on a Sunday morning but during the week not so good.

Should suit QPR and it's fans as it's next to St Bernards hosp.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:57 - Jan 11 with 2738 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Just down the road from where I work. If I'm not mistaken opposite(ish) the Sultan of Brunei's London property.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:59 - Jan 11 with 2725 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:54 - Jan 11 by Juzzie

When at secondary school, we used to go there once a week as we had "double-period" sports lesson. Used to go by coach and always passed QPR on the A40.

+1

Yes the good old days of bunking off from Warren Farm.

Always preferred going to Warren Farm for weekly sports lessons rather than our school football pitches out in Twickenham as I could hide in the changing rooms and then sneak off and walk to the 282 bus stop at the Bridge in Greenford and be home before 2pm.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:00 - Jan 11 with 2709 viewsnedflanders

Warren Farm - the scourge of Sunday League football. Sloping pitches, cold showers, and when all matches are called off in every other ground within a 20 mile radius, matches still go on here! Just down the road from Sky Sports studio and 20 years ago when i was training with the apprentices of Brentford, they used it as their training ground - bet they don't anymore!! As Homer Simpson would say... 'Aaaah, precious memories.....'
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:01 - Jan 11 with 2695 viewsJuzzie

Bizzarely, my school was near Swiss Cottage (NW8) so god knows why we had to go out that direction & distance but as it meant an extra lesson to allow for travelling and a drive past QPR, I didn't care!

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 2676 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:59 - Jan 11 by A40Bosh

+1

Yes the good old days of bunking off from Warren Farm.

Always preferred going to Warren Farm for weekly sports lessons rather than our school football pitches out in Twickenham as I could hide in the changing rooms and then sneak off and walk to the 282 bus stop at the Bridge in Greenford and be home before 2pm.

That'd be the bridge by Cayton Road I take it? That's where our School had "games" and played our home matches there against the likes of Twyford, Greenford, Northolt, Walford, Cardinal Wiseman, Cardinal Vaughan etc...

Good times - I was the 'keeper and got player of the year once!
Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 2674 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm near Osterly on 17:44 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Yep, brings back memories.

Any time the ball went out over the sidelines it took half an hour to retrieve it from the fence 200 yards downhill.

From memory I think there is quite a bit of wide open FLAT grass areas, but I still stand now with a slight lean as a result of playing on some of those pitches back in the early 80s

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:05 - Jan 11 with 2662 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:04 - Jan 11 by W7Ranger

That'd be the bridge by Cayton Road I take it? That's where our School had "games" and played our home matches there against the likes of Twyford, Greenford, Northolt, Walford, Cardinal Wiseman, Cardinal Vaughan etc...

Come on you Vaughians!!

And yes, discovering that one has recognised talents as a goalkeeper and moving to in between the sticks when playing there was a God send!

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:06 - Jan 11 with 2656 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:05 - Jan 11 by A40Bosh

Come on you Vaughians!!

And yes, discovering that one has recognised talents as a goalkeeper and moving to in between the sticks when playing there was a God send!

Wannkers!
Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:16 - Jan 11 with 2620 viewswestberksr

those pitches at the far side had a massive slope; and the changing facilities are probably slightly worse than those at Harlington. Lots of rabbit shite from what I remember on certain pitches!

funniest game was a double header to decide the league against a load of drug dealing nutcases from South Acton; quite pleased we drew the secong game to conceed the title to them

loads of scraps on a Sunday morning; I'm getting quite nostalgic
Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 2588 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:05 - Jan 11 by A40Bosh

Come on you Vaughians!!

My first game in goal at high school was against Cardinal Wiseman. I actually had a good game and kept the score down to 10!

Had it not been for me we woud've lost at least 11-4!

ps. you mught be surprised to hear that wasn't the season I got player of the year!
Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:38 - Jan 11 with 2543 viewswombat

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:21 - Jan 11 by W7Ranger

My first game in goal at high school was against Cardinal Wiseman. I actually had a good game and kept the score down to 10!

ps. you mught be surprised to hear that wasn't the season I got player of the year!

Absolute crap hole , perfect for us then

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:39 - Jan 11 with 2538 viewsQPR1882

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:21 - Jan 11 by W7Ranger

How old are you ? I may have scored a couple of those goals against you.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:50 - Jan 11 with 2495 viewsW7Ranger

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:39 - Jan 11 by QPR1882

How old are you ? I may have scored a couple of those goals against you.

36. Couple of Wiseman forwards did actually compliment me on my performance.

But looking back they were probably just taking the piss!!

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 2471 viewsRangersAreBack

Also spent many sports days there and took part in some Middlesex county competitions.

Huge plot with several football pitches but atrocious facilities, especially the changing rooms. Looking at the photos it hasn't changed a bit. From what I remember they offered football, tennis or archery. If you opted for either of the latter 2 the equipment was prehistoric.

It is approached either from Gillette corner or the iron bridge just beyond Ealing Hospital. The school coach would take the former route as there is a width restriction on the approach from the latter. I remember the coach having to make a huge u-turn just to make it through the gate which was very akwardly positioned.

Bosh, if you really wanted to bunk off early the best choice was swimming! We only travelled to Kensington Pools in Ladbroke Grove and could usually disappear after splashing around for 15 minutes.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:25 - Jan 11 with 2407 viewsQPR1882

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:57 - Jan 11 by RangersAreBack

Also spent many sports days there and took part in some Middlesex county competitions.

Huge plot with several football pitches but atrocious facilities, especially the changing rooms. Looking at the photos it hasn't changed a bit. From what I remember they offered football, tennis or archery. If you opted for either of the latter 2 the equipment was prehistoric.

It is approached either from Gillette corner or the iron bridge just beyond Ealing Hospital. The school coach would take the former route as there is a width restriction on the approach from the latter. I remember the coach having to make a huge u-turn just to make it through the gate which was very akwardly positioned.

Bosh, if you really wanted to bunk off early the best choice was swimming! We only travelled to Kensington Pools in Ladbroke Grove and could usually disappear after splashing around for 15 minutes.

You can get there via tentalowe lane ( sp ) from Hounslow/Southall.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:33 - Jan 11 with 2379 viewscollegeranger

I seemed to remember a mate playing for the London Nigerians Rugby team their in the 90's. All a bit weird he wasn't from Nigeria - he was from Wigan!
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:47 - Jan 11 with 2351 viewsslranger40

Used to be my Home Ground many moons ago whilst at secondary school (Cardinal Manning)

Spent many a cross country run coming last followed by a ridiculous Journey back on a Saturday Morning after freezing my bits off in Goal.

207 Bus straight down Uxbridge Road.

Site of our (QPR's) new Training facility, I'm led to believe. or is that information not public yet?
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:49 - Jan 11 with 2347 viewscyprusmel

Warren Farm near Osterly on 18:04 - Jan 11 by W7Ranger

Hm, memories I played for Twyford.
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 2344 viewsgobbles

Used to do games lessons there in my schooldays. Very cold and felt remote, the only plus side is I could walk home rather than get coach back to school. Doubt they could develop it much, must be green belt
Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 2343 viewsGilligan

Warren Farm near Osterly on 19:33 - Jan 11 by collegeranger

I seemed to remember a mate playing for the London Nigerians Rugby team their in the 90's. All a bit weird he wasn't from Nigeria - he was from Wigan!

My son's team, Southall FC Youth, plays there on a Sunday. Southall have plans too:

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2012/01/05/football

I guess QPR's involvement would not stop more community level participation as it is a huge site. Something like the Barnet Academy site would be nice. Its called the Beehive and is stunning. I also heard the LTA were interested in the site.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024