Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tarbs Staying 13:22 - Jan 22 with 3472 viewsBrumHoop

Just seen a tweet from one of the journo's at the African Cup of NAtions.

“@JohnLBennett: Adel Taarabt has told me he was set to leave #QPR in Jan. But now Mark Hughes has taken over, he wants to stay at the club #AFCON2012”

Very good news. Say what you like but if we can harness his talent he could be a huge player for us.

Is this suggesting he would rather stay with Hughes in charge rather than Warnock?
Tarbs Staying on 14:03 - Jan 22 with 2720 viewsgueRRilla

Might just highlight the fact that he was keen to leave after winning the Championship for us last season and not getting the player of the year award, added to the fact that the club was in disarray and rudderless over the summer, which was when possible moves were being mooted. As far as I can remember he's been fairly quiet in the media since then, and now that he sees a new direction with a well respected manager he's keen to prove himself.

Its hard to know what goes on behind the scenes I guess. I hope he stays as he seems to be getting better as the season goes on. Here's to hoping Morocco get knocked out nice and quickly
Tarbs Staying on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 2684 viewsBromleyHoop

Didn't you know, Barcelona, Man City, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, AC and Inter Milan were set to battle it out for his signature!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Tarbs Staying on 14:23 - Jan 22 with 2635 viewsBrumHoop

Tarbs Staying on 14:13 - Jan 22 by BromleyHoop

Didn't you know, Barcelona, Man City, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, AC and Inter Milan were set to battle it out for his signature!

As much as think he wouldn't have gone anywhere anyway, the fact he actually wants to be here is a massive factor.

He's a very different player depending on where his head is at. So if he is feeling settled, hopefully that means it will show in his performances for us.

We're still missing that cutting edge he can give us IMHO.
Tarbs Staying on 14:35 - Jan 22 with 2588 viewsDylanP

Nobody wanted to buy him. He was never going anywhere.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Tarbs Staying on 14:37 - Jan 22 with 2577 viewsJamie

Warnock had seen enough to get rid, Hughes wants to see everybody play including the kids on loan.
Tarbs Staying on 14:49 - Jan 22 with 2540 viewsTheBlob

Tell you whut.It might work to Morocco's advantage with Tarbs wanting to impress in absentia.

Or maybe not.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tarbs Staying on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 2444 viewsQPR_ARG

Full story now on BBC from same journo (if I'm not mistaken)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16672100.stm
Tarbs Staying on 15:59 - Jan 22 with 2381 viewsHollowayRanger

SO WE DROP BUZASKY FOR HIM DO WE????

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Tarbs Staying on 16:18 - Jan 22 with 2340 viewshoopstilidie

Tarbs Staying on 15:59 - Jan 22 by HollowayRanger

SO WE DROP BUZASKY FOR HIM DO WE????

Nope, Mackie.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Tarbs Staying on 16:33 - Jan 22 with 2308 viewsHollowayRanger

Tarbs Staying on 16:18 - Jan 22 by hoopstilidie

Nope, Mackie.

cant see us playing swp taarabt buzasky and two strikers

im hoping taarabt has a great afican cup raises he profile and we can sell him for crazy money

cant see him playing for long under hughes he aint going to stand for a player who is very suspect when it comes to tackling heading and prone to being greedy and sulking

that said he HE GROWS UP HE COULD STILL TAKE THE PREMIERSHIP BY STORM and maybe in hughes taarabt as the man to help make that happen

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Tarbs Staying on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 2259 viewsJamie

Tarbs Staying on 16:18 - Jan 22 by hoopstilidie

Nope, Mackie.

Nah.

SWP---Barton---Buz---Traore

IMO of course.
Tarbs Staying on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 2244 viewsbaz_qpr

Tarbs Staying on 16:51 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Nah.

SWP---Barton---Buz---Traore

IMO of course.

Nah

SWP---Barton---Buz--Taarabt
Tarbs Staying on 16:56 - Jan 22 with 2234 viewsTopCat34

He seems more excited about playing, now Hughes is in charge.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16672100.stm
Tarbs Staying on 16:57 - Jan 22 with 2228 viewsNorthernr

The only place you can play Taarabt in a 4-4-2 set up is as one of the strikers. If you play him on the wing teams will happily tear us apart down his side all afternoon.
Tarbs Staying on 16:59 - Jan 22 with 2216 viewsBrumHoop

But to be fair last couple of games he played he was one of our top performers. And did do his fair share of tracking back - i'm sure i saw him put a tackle in!

not saying he should be an automatic starter, but we will need him for the run in.
Tarbs Staying on 17:02 - Jan 22 with 2207 viewsbaz_qpr

Tarbs Staying on 16:57 - Jan 22 by Northernr

The only place you can play Taarabt in a 4-4-2 set up is as one of the strikers. If you play him on the wing teams will happily tear us apart down his side all afternoon.

norwich did'nt and that was with us having 10 men. Any look at the videos of him over the last 2 seasons will show that virtually all his best work has been on the left
Tarbs Staying on 17:34 - Jan 22 with 2142 viewsWatfordR

Tarbs Staying on 17:02 - Jan 22 by baz_qpr

norwich did'nt and that was with us having 10 men. Any look at the videos of him over the last 2 seasons will show that virtually all his best work has been on the left

Think you're missing the point.

If you can provide us with a video showing all this great work he did chasing back and helping out his left back , I'll maybe change my mind, but i also think Traore will be moved into LM.
Tarbs Staying on 17:48 - Jan 22 with 2111 viewsJamie

Tarbs Staying on 16:57 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Indeed.
Tarbs Staying on 17:49 - Jan 22 with 2112 viewsHollowayRanger

agree

traore buzasky barton swp

looks far stronger and still effective

with derry to come on like sat to shore things up
and taarabt to come on if we need a goal

Listen to the band play!

Tarbs Staying on 17:50 - Jan 22 with 2110 viewsEalingHoop81

It depends if we are home or away. Hughes will play 442 come what may, but will likely alter personnel. So perhaps at home:

SWP. Barton. Buz. Taarabt

helguson. Bothroyd/Macheda/Campbell

Away from home Taarabt may play off of Helguson with Traore on the left wing.

Depends on how much Hughes wants 2 proper strikers and how willing Tarbs is to track back. He certainly can't play on the left of that formation unless he works for the team or as northern points out we'll get torn to ribbons. Thought Tarbs worked pretty hard in his last few games in Dec but only time will tell and Hughes won't take any of his cr@p.

Playing him of a main striker would be my pref and I think we look pretty dangerous with SWP and Traore's pace mixed with Buz and tarbs guile
Tarbs Staying on 17:58 - Jan 22 with 2094 viewsBrumHoop

I think there will come a time when Hughes will have to make a choice. We either keep it rigid 442, difficult to break down, and use the wingers to attack from wide positions.

Or we use people like Adel on the left, and play a little "looser" but pose more of a threat.

I honestly don't know what will work better - i think it depends on the game. But I don't think Tarbs should be written off as a left winger - i thought his application and tracking back vs Norwich was very good. I would have reservations about playing him in front of traore down there, but I wouldn't have a problem if it were Taiwo (assuming he is defensively more solid - not seen him play!)

We're going to need him. How many times did we convincingly break through that Wigan back 4 on Saturday? They won't hit the top corner every time.
Tarbs Staying on 18:29 - Jan 22 with 2028 viewsbaz_qpr

Tarbs Staying on 17:34 - Jan 22 by WatfordR

Think you're missing the point.

If you can provide us with a video showing all this great work he did chasing back and helping out his left back , I'll maybe change my mind, but i also think Traore will be moved into LM.

watch the Norwich game back
Tarbs Staying on 18:42 - Jan 22 with 1993 viewsDylanP

1. I would much rather see Adel alongside HH up front than either Both or DJ

2. Adel was looking really useful in the last couple of games before he went to ANC

3. Adel is the most exciting player we have and the most creative player we have. We have lacked spark and creativity recently. Buzz gives us some. Smith gives us some. But on his day, Adel is hands down better than either.

4. Adel played out wide a lot last year and made himself useful.

4. If MH is worth his salt, he will figure out a way to make all the pieces fit together.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Tarbs Staying on 19:04 - Jan 22 with 1944 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well, we pretty much played 4-4-1-1 in the second half yesterday, so can't see any reason why Adel couldn't play off a main striker. That is probably his best position anyway, allowing him to drift wide left and right, too.

Bare bones.

Tarbs Staying on 19:16 - Jan 22 with 1916 viewsRangersAreBack

First it was spelling, now it's counting!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024