Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delighted we are signing players but.... 18:07 - Jan 30 with 1924 viewsWeAreQPR12

Samba Diakite? He looks big and powerful and a real athlete but he is a good signing? Apparently we have beaten some top french clubs to his signature but he has been playing at a v poor french side, that have only win 2 home games all season. I don't want to be sounding negative but it sounds like a risk signing but I do trust Mark Hughes so we will have to wait and see.
Also I have never been a Cisse fan, loads of pace but for me goes missing and the only time he has had what is a decent scoring record is when he was playing in a very poor Greek league.
Happy we are signing players but are they going to be good enough, i'm not so sure?
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:09 - Jan 30 with 1559 viewsNorthernr

Question 1.

Have you ever seen Samba Diakite play?

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:10 - Jan 30 with 1540 viewsJuzzie

We've only had 2 league wins at home all season too
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:11 - Jan 30 with 1539 viewstimcocking

cisse 170 goals in 380 games for lazio, marseille, liverpool, france...
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:14 - Jan 30 with 1501 viewsWeAreQPR12

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:11 - Jan 30 by timcocking

2004—2006 Liverpool 49 (13)
2006—2009 Marseille 58 (24)
2008—2009 → Sunderland (loan) 35 (10)
2009—2011 Panathinaikos 61 (47)
2011— Lazio 17 (1)

I have counted 95 from all those games?

No Clive I haven't seen him and he might be good but Diakite has played in a struggling french side so hard to know how good he is. Maybe 1 more for the future?
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:14 - Jan 30 with 1501 viewsWeAreQPR12

2004—2006 Liverpool 49 (13)
2006—2009 Marseille 58 (24)
2008—2009 → Sunderland (loan) 35 (10)
2009—2011 Panathinaikos 61 (47)
2011— Lazio 17 (1)

I have counted 95 from all those games?

No Clive I haven't seen him and he might be good but Diakite has played in a struggling french side so hard to know how good he is. Maybe 1 more for the future?
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:14 - Jan 30 with 1501 viewsW7Ranger

That's shocking timcocking!!
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:16 - Jan 30 with 1480 viewstimcocking

70 in 128 for auxerre don't forget
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 1467 viewsWeAreQPR12

Clive no one has seen him and we can't include 2 games in the african nations which is a pointless comp to judge him by.

My pt is sounds like we are getting excited about a player no one knows about, am I wrong?

this one is with regards to samba
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 1465 viewsWatford_Ranger

Why on Earth would we want a 30 year-old Champions' League winner with 41 France caps when we have Macheda and Hulse and why would we want a big, strong midfielder wanted by a few Ligue 1 clubs when we have Derry. It's baffling.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 1465 viewswittle

was tiote of newcastle playing for a top side when he was scouted
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:20 - Jan 30 with 1440 viewsWeAreQPR12

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:17 - Jan 30 by Watford_Ranger

Why on Earth would we want a 30 year-old Champions' League winner with 41 France caps when we have Macheda and Hulse and why would we want a big, strong midfielder wanted by a few Ligue 1 clubs when we have Derry. It's baffling.

You clearly rate him watford but his current goal scoring form in a tough league with good defenders doesn't read well.

We are getting excited by his stats in the greek division which is really terrible and they have zero money in the game.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven wrong but not understanding the excitement?
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:22 - Jan 30 with 1414 viewsWatford_Ranger

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:20 - Jan 30 by WeAreQPR12

You clearly rate him watford but his current goal scoring form in a tough league with good defenders doesn't read well.

We are getting excited by his stats in the greek division which is really terrible and they have zero money in the game.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven wrong but not understanding the excitement?

I don't know an awful lot about him but I do know that none of our current forwards bar Helguson are looking anywhere near good enough. Cisse might be average but he won't be any worse than Campbell, Bothroyd, Macheda etc. and will probably be more useful in a lone striker role than them. Potentially he's a great signing and as well as we can hope to do right now imo.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:24 - Jan 30 with 1401 viewsWeAreQPR12

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:22 - Jan 30 by Watford_Ranger

I don't know an awful lot about him but I do know that none of our current forwards bar Helguson are looking anywhere near good enough. Cisse might be average but he won't be any worse than Campbell, Bothroyd, Macheda etc. and will probably be more useful in a lone striker role than them. Potentially he's a great signing and as well as we can hope to do right now imo.

That's a fair post and lets hope he can do the business
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 1367 viewsDesertBoot

So you're saying Diakite is a bad player because he plays in a poor team.....and you're judging Cisse on stats even though he's been playing out of position at Lazio and beyond.
Amazing really.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:30 - Jan 30 with 1334 viewsWeAreQPR12

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:27 - Jan 30 by DesertBoot

So you're saying Diakite is a bad player because he plays in a poor team.....and you're judging Cisse on stats even though he's been playing out of position at Lazio and beyond.
Amazing really.

Desert maybe I'm wrong and I think Diakite might be an inspired signing but my views on cisse won't change.

For me I have no problem signing an experienced striker who has played at the highest level but I actually have never thought the bloke is clinical. I just can't see him scoring the goals that we are crying out for.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:50 - Jan 30 with 1239 viewsswisscottage

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:20 - Jan 30 by WeAreQPR12

would you rather have a clinical striker who over 10 games get 20 chances and scores 7 goals, or someone less clinical who over the same 10 games gets 40 chances and scores 8 goals.

I know which one I'd choose.

If you based Andy Cole on how many open goals he missed , and howe prfligate he was in front of goal, you'd put him in the same class as Stefan Moore. However, because of his pace and his enviable ability at losing his man, he would get far more chances that your average 'clinical' striker, and more than made up for his misses witht he goals he did get.

I don't want a clinical striker, I want one that scores goals, and Cisse, when played as a striker, scores goals.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:51 - Jan 30 with 1235 viewshoopsaaah

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:30 - Jan 30 by WeAreQPR12

Desert maybe I'm wrong and I think Diakite might be an inspired signing but my views on cisse won't change.

For me I have no problem signing an experienced striker who has played at the highest level but I actually have never thought the bloke is clinical. I just can't see him scoring the goals that we are crying out for.

Who do you think we should sign then Mr Superior knowledge of football?
Show me this clinical top class striker who is going to come to Rangers for our relegation dogfight?
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:00 - Jan 30 with 1186 viewsWeAreQPR12

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 18:51 - Jan 30 by hoopsaaah

Who do you think we should sign then Mr Superior knowledge of football?
Show me this clinical top class striker who is going to come to Rangers for our relegation dogfight?

This post stinks of a WRTRB's poster, shouldn't u get back to the comic strip site?

Seems like you have a major issue with me but maybe you should concentrate on contributing to this site instead of resorting to playground bullying.

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 1176 viewsadhoc_qpr

Cisse has had multiple prem seasons scoring 10+ goals - something none of our others strikers can boast.

Let's face it, if he can score 4-5 goals over the rest of the season he'd be well worth signing as it's more than anyone bar HH has managed.

Diakite is an unknown quantity, but Hughes rates him and Lyon were seriously interested so i'm going to side with them and assume he's an upgrade on Shaun Derry...
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:08 - Jan 30 with 1132 viewsdaveB

not overly excited by Diakite, never seen him play before and had never heard of him before he was linked with us but I'm looking forward to seeing him play and on a loan deal it's a low risk move.

I'm not sure about Cisse, never been a big fan of his in the past but he's better than what we have and again if it is on loan it's another low risk move and he'll be playing for a big contract in the summer.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:17 - Jan 30 with 1091 viewsRangersAreBack

Had anyone heard of Samba or Roque Santa Cruz before they signed for Blackburn?

It's Hughes' ability to unearth foreign gems that has partly won Mark the job to begin with. Let's hope the trend continues,
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:20 - Jan 30 with 1073 viewsHoopza_Lawski

Scott Parker played out of his skin for a very poor team last season.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:29 - Jan 30 with 1019 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:17 - Jan 30 by RangersAreBack

Had anyone heard of Samba or Roque Santa Cruz before they signed for Blackburn?

It's Hughes' ability to unearth foreign gems that has partly won Mark the job to begin with. Let's hope the trend continues,

I agree with this comment, and to be honest I'm glad some of these guys are kind of unknown entities. IMHWT, and let's hope his knack for finding a gem in among the hard rocks is continuing with us!

If they were big name players who we had got lucky with interesting in joining us, we'd lose out to a bigger team I'm sure.
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:52 - Jan 30 with 954 viewsstansleftfoot

Onoura is quality but at a club with world class defenders: young and 2.75mill.
Diakte is another young player recognised by Lyon as quality and we've beaten them to it with a loan and option: young, very little risk, he gives us strength and pace in central midfield of which we have zero.
Taiwo: recognised as a top class full back with strength, pace and no little skill, powerful shot on loan with option.
Cisse: played as a central striker always scores goals still retains his pace inspite of leg breaks to both legs.....should arrive as a loan but we don't know that, still awaiting medical, some risk but as an alternative, Andy Johnson, Bobby Zamora, Rodellaga, Hooper, Jelavic, start at 3million in this window and work up to 7million. i hope we get him on a loan with option.
So far top class for the money 10/10 Hughes, maybe he's got a surprise up his sleeve with the rest of his budget....i think he's got loads to play with? £8m if £20m or £18m if £30m. He can pick and choose from what the market allows, Midfield General, Centre Half, Real quality striker, or some quality midfield wing play...my choice top class striker of real quality...who? Don't know but none of the above.....
Delighted we are signing players but.... on 19:55 - Jan 30 with 942 viewsGrant165

Samba is playing for a struggling English side but i'd still take him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024