Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible management from Hughes today 17:18 - Feb 25 with 2795 viewsTizzer

Not taking Diakite off after the foul following his yellow and not taking off SWP far earlier as it is obvious he has M.E
Terrible management from Hughes today on 18:59 - Feb 25 with 2083 viewsKernowRanger

Mark Hughes is reminding me of Ian Holloway at Leicester a few years ago.
No matter what happens nothing at all seems to go right, for either him or us.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:01 - Feb 25 with 2065 viewsDylanP

Dont agree, blaming Hughes for Diakite's lack of professionalism. No manager is going to take off anew player after half an hour coz of a yellow.It is reasonable to expect Diakite to settle down and get down to work after a nervy first 20 minutes.

Did think Hughes should have taken SWP off a little earlier coz he was holding his hammy. But then again, SWP's speed got him into a must score position.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:14 - Feb 25 with 2023 viewsted_hendrix

It was obvious to anyone in the ground what was going to happen, sadly and apart from his tackling I thought he was our best player (just my opinion) but due to lack of Premiership experience maybe his timing was awry.

I think MH should have 'bit the bullet' and took him off, It really was obvious what was coming.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all that

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:23 - Feb 25 with 1981 viewsbosh67

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:01 - Feb 25 by DylanP

Dont agree, blaming Hughes for Diakite's lack of professionalism. No manager is going to take off anew player after half an hour coz of a yellow.It is reasonable to expect Diakite to settle down and get down to work after a nervy first 20 minutes.

Did think Hughes should have taken SWP off a little earlier coz he was holding his hammy. But then again, SWP's speed got him into a must score position.

Whereas we yet again suffered defeat due mainly to ill discipline I have to say that after his booking I would have taken Diakite off. He has talent and quick feet but you simply can't tackle like that at this level. After his booking he committed another one and the ref quite clearly said he had to calm it down. That's when you take a player off to protect him.

Fulham cut us apart for the first 10-15 minutes and it looked as if we had gone to zonal marking, which was a disaster.

Second half Fulham were about as lazy as I have ever seen 11 players against 10. We should have got back on terms but for some bad luck and snatched finishing. But with Fulham basically not doing anything I couldn't understand why we didn't bring Bothroyd on because Fulham seemed happy to let us come at them and we just didn't have any target men apart from Zamora in the area.

Adel tried hard but often had no one left, right or ahead of him. Taiwo is not a left back and did his hamstring anyway, so he's out for a while. Troare looked a 100 times better and more effective - for me he must start as he put in a shift in the time he had.

Mackie and Hill stood out and gave just about everything they could with Mackie unlucky not to score.

But the organisation and shape was all wrong today and players didn't know where they were meant to be or who to mark. For the first time today I saw a side that didn't really have a clue what it was meant to be doing, despite having a lot of the ball. It is also now a team with low confidence.

Very worrying. I feel as if Hughes has come in to change things and tried to change too much in too shorter space of time.

Bottom line is we are losing games by the odd goal and playing almost every home game for at least 60 minutes with ten men. Sadly, when you can't keep ten men on the pitch you are up against it.

Hughes should have pulled Diakite off and scrapped whatever weird non marking system they seemed to deploy today.

Very worrying and the Cisse sending off seems to have taken a lot out of them a few weeks ago. They need to pick themselves up very quickly this time. It's not over at all yet but they have to get a plan, have a system and stick to it. If players put in shifts like Mackie and Hill they can still get out of this, but I have to say that all I see is Barton berating everyone around him, and that's not leadership.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 1934 viewsTizzer

I don't think Hughes should have taken him off straight after his booking but after the booking he gave away another foul. That put him on notice that he was one foul away. The second yellow was for both those two fouls subsequent to the booking. It was utterly obvious in my view that he was going to be sent off for just one more relatively innocuous foul.

Hughes was essentially gambling that he wouldn't commit another foul in the rest of the match, which, given that he'd committed about 18 in the first 30 minutes was simply not going to happen.

Also, not bringing on Bothroyd at one down with 10 men when SWP was terrible simply says Hughes thinks he's rubbish. Everyone will have a view on that but don't put him on the bench if you are not going to bring him on in even the most desperate of circumstances

Really poor from Hughes today IMO
Terrible management from Hughes today on 20:42 - Feb 25 with 1897 viewsHollowayRanger

disagree a strong manager takes a player off when it matters

whats more important the club or the player

that player cost us anotherreal chance of 3 points just like barton and cisse did

the crazy thing is most fans expected him to be sent off ,playing in africa diding in to tackles for fun given away more fouls then won tackles this season!!!!!

then chucked into premiership and told to inject steel and get stuck in by manager (his words)

BLOODY SUCICIDE!!!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Terrible management from Hughes today on 20:50 - Feb 25 with 1872 viewsStanisgod

Unfortunately with football now almost a non contact sport there is no point in buying players who "get stuck in" with little or no finesse, more's the pity in my opinion.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Terrible management from Hughes today on 21:06 - Feb 25 with 1851 viewsBasingstokeR

Hughes poor management today agree with most of what's been said above. Obviously some of the players performed badly too, but they weren't given the best chance to play well today imho
Login to get fewer ads

Terrible management from Hughes today on 21:39 - Feb 25 with 1804 viewsDesertBoot

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:23 - Feb 25 by bosh67

Whereas we yet again suffered defeat due mainly to ill discipline I have to say that after his booking I would have taken Diakite off. He has talent and quick feet but you simply can't tackle like that at this level. After his booking he committed another one and the ref quite clearly said he had to calm it down. That's when you take a player off to protect him.

Fulham cut us apart for the first 10-15 minutes and it looked as if we had gone to zonal marking, which was a disaster.

Second half Fulham were about as lazy as I have ever seen 11 players against 10. We should have got back on terms but for some bad luck and snatched finishing. But with Fulham basically not doing anything I couldn't understand why we didn't bring Bothroyd on because Fulham seemed happy to let us come at them and we just didn't have any target men apart from Zamora in the area.

Adel tried hard but often had no one left, right or ahead of him. Taiwo is not a left back and did his hamstring anyway, so he's out for a while. Troare looked a 100 times better and more effective - for me he must start as he put in a shift in the time he had.

Mackie and Hill stood out and gave just about everything they could with Mackie unlucky not to score.

But the organisation and shape was all wrong today and players didn't know where they were meant to be or who to mark. For the first time today I saw a side that didn't really have a clue what it was meant to be doing, despite having a lot of the ball. It is also now a team with low confidence.

Very worrying. I feel as if Hughes has come in to change things and tried to change too much in too shorter space of time.

Bottom line is we are losing games by the odd goal and playing almost every home game for at least 60 minutes with ten men. Sadly, when you can't keep ten men on the pitch you are up against it.

Hughes should have pulled Diakite off and scrapped whatever weird non marking system they seemed to deploy today.

Very worrying and the Cisse sending off seems to have taken a lot out of them a few weeks ago. They need to pick themselves up very quickly this time. It's not over at all yet but they have to get a plan, have a system and stick to it. If players put in shifts like Mackie and Hill they can still get out of this, but I have to say that all I see is Barton berating everyone around him, and that's not leadership.

I bet Joey didn't say "great pass" to Adel for that SWP sitter.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Terrible management from Hughes today on 21:53 - Feb 25 with 1771 viewsQPR1882

Terrible management from Hughes today on 19:14 - Feb 25 by ted_hendrix

It was obvious to anyone in the ground what was going to happen, sadly and apart from his tackling I thought he was our best player (just my opinion) but due to lack of Premiership experience maybe his timing was awry.

I think MH should have 'bit the bullet' and took him off, It really was obvious what was coming.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all that

Damned if you do Damned if you don't...........

hindsight is great, but how many would be slagging off MH for taking off one of our better players ?
Terrible management from Hughes today on 21:58 - Feb 25 with 1761 viewsbaz_qpr

As I said in another thread he did not have to pull him off what he should have done though was revert back to 4-4-2 and put Barton alongside him instead of in front of him, to a calm him down and stop leaving him so exposed.

That's two games now Sunderland (which cost Warnock his job) and today where 4-1-4-1 has lost us a game by causing total confusion and mayhem. Hughes has to take responsability for today
Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:06 - Feb 25 with 1713 viewsCharlie1

SWP been holding his hammy all season

Subbed on that yellow ATAF

Class act when used to prem speed....

2:59 baby!

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:11 - Feb 25 with 1698 viewsNorthernr

I blame Hughes absolutely. He signed the guy to start with. Everybody that watched him during the ANC said the same thing: "He averages a foul a minute."

So with that in mind...

Hughes threw him into a game today that was clearly a pace or three beyond him. Whenever he didn't have the ball he was committing a foul. I don't like Phil Dowd and he hands out cards like confetti but Diakite committed three fouls today and was then spoken to, he then commited two more and was booked, he then commited two more and was warned, and then finally he committed another and was sent off. Where was our manager? Everybody in F Block was saying "this bloke won't make half time" from the tenth minute. Why didn't our manager see this? And where was our fcking captain trying to calm him down and warn him and talk him through to half time? Probably too busy slagging off Taarabt.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:14 - Feb 25 with 1685 viewskensalriser

Hughes looks absolutely clueless now. Not taking off Diakete was as bad an individual decision I've seen from a QPR manager in recent years. Steve Kean is doing a better job. At least his players look like they want to play for him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:14 - Feb 25 with 1685 viewsCharlie1

Phil dowd had a good game

Key others, again did not

We lack leadership

2:59 baby!

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:28 - Feb 25 with 1668 viewstinhead

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:11 - Feb 25 by Northernr

I blame Hughes absolutely. He signed the guy to start with. Everybody that watched him during the ANC said the same thing: "He averages a foul a minute."

So with that in mind...

Hughes threw him into a game today that was clearly a pace or three beyond him. Whenever he didn't have the ball he was committing a foul. I don't like Phil Dowd and he hands out cards like confetti but Diakite committed three fouls today and was then spoken to, he then commited two more and was booked, he then commited two more and was warned, and then finally he committed another and was sent off. Where was our manager? Everybody in F Block was saying "this bloke won't make half time" from the tenth minute. Why didn't our manager see this? And where was our fcking captain trying to calm him down and warn him and talk him through to half time? Probably too busy slagging off Taarabt.

glad i'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Barton needs to be dropped as the Captain. It was his job to have a word with Daikte and tell him to calm down.

Puny God!

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:45 - Feb 25 with 1645 viewsBrightonhoop

Lacking leadership on and off the field. These weeks will make Hughes. And I hope, reallywish, that Barton grows into the man mountain he has always promised to be. It's time.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:53 - Feb 25 with 1625 viewsparker64

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:45 - Feb 25 by Brightonhoop

Lacking leadership on and off the field. These weeks will make Hughes. And I hope, reallywish, that Barton grows into the man mountain he has always promised to be. It's time.

The guy spent 5 minutes having a running argument with AT who subsequently went to pot for a brief period but got himself back round.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:02 - Feb 26 with 1604 viewsEalingRanger

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:45 - Feb 25 by Brightonhoop

Ha. It's way too late, we'll be living it up at the Ricoh this time next year probably.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:04 - Feb 26 with 1599 viewsBrightonhoop

Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:02 - Feb 26 by EalingRanger

Ha. It's way too late, we'll be living it up at the Ricoh this time next year probably.

Stranger things have happened. His career is on the line.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:13 - Feb 26 with 1583 viewsTizzer

Just to to reiterate to a couple of people who seem to have missed the point a little. I am not advocating a manager substituting a player as soon as they have a yellow card. Not at all.

However, Diakite did LOTS of fouls, got booked DID ANOTHER foul and THEN got sent off after YET ANOTHER foul.

This is not being wise after the event at all. It was totally obvious. Really poor management in my view
Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:24 - Feb 26 with 1564 viewsNeil_SI

It was obvious from early on that he would receive a second booking, but I'm not so sure if you can lay the blame on Mark Hughes, albeit it was schoolboy all around from so many different angles and perspectives.

Diakité really needed help from his mates, or the captain. It's absurd nobody had a word in his ear to tell him to calm down and stay on his feet.

From that display, it's obvious he's still very young and naive, so we also need to be careful about putting too much expectation on his shoulders.

Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:47 - Feb 26 with 1541 viewsSonofNorfolt

Read this whole thread again & realise what a bunch of asses you all sound.

Most of you probably can't even kick all a ball without using your toes.

I'm as frustrated as all of us,but get a fukkin grip, experts.
Terrible management from Hughes today on 00:57 - Feb 26 with 1529 viewsbobby

Clint Hill was the only one who warned Diakite not to persistently foul
5 minutes later he was sent off
everyone around me agreed he was a red card waiting to happen.
should have been subbed for Derry.
Hughes screwed up today and the players knew it.
Naive in the extreme.
team spirit is non existent.

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Terrible management from Hughes today on 02:17 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsmylot50years

Terrible management from Hughes today on 23:53 - Feb 25 by parker64

The guy spent 5 minutes having a running argument with AT who subsequently went to pot for a brief period but got himself back round.

you saw it I saw it
hopefully MH saw it but the way the game unfolded today and the set up of the side the use of or non use of subs
I FEAR IT MAY HAVE GONE OVER HIS HEAD we have a big problem me think !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024