Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone ever been a mascot? 11:27 - Jun 6 with 2771 viewsOzhoop

This is me front and centre leading the team out. My dad is on the left kneeling take photos. Jim Gregory is on the right with his back to the camera. So this was in 82 and either against Palace in the FA Cup quarter final or last game of the season against Cambridge. Anyone else?

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:31 - Jun 6 with 2751 viewsNorthernr

Oh yes. FA Cup 3rd round game with Aylesbury. Trevor Sinclair gave me a Les Ferdinand shirt at about 2pm as a keepsake for the day, then at five to three Les didn't have a shirt to wear for the match. Teams delayed coming out while I ran to get it out of my backpack
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:39 - Jun 6 with 2722 viewsTW_R

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:31 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Oh yes. FA Cup 3rd round game with Aylesbury. Trevor Sinclair gave me a Les Ferdinand shirt at about 2pm as a keepsake for the day, then at five to three Les didn't have a shirt to wear for the match. Teams delayed coming out while I ran to get it out of my backpack

Does "Trevor Sinclair gave me a Les Ferdinand shirt at about 2pm as a keepsake for the day" translate to, " I 'alf-inched Les' shirt while no one was looking, but they called the rozzers so I had to give it back?"
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:43 - Jun 6 with 2715 viewsJonDoeman

Nice pic Oz.

It Is What It Is !!

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:44 - Jun 6 with 2709 viewsade_qpr

I'm impressed if it is 82 and I assume its ABM are the ad agency of the eighties after only 2 years
Love the kit decent size hoops
Hope you enjoyed the day. Oh and go the sweat bands.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:45 - Jun 6 with 2706 viewsBlackCrowe

Great pic.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:47 - Jun 6 with 2697 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Why did people wear hats that were too small in the 80's?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:50 - Jun 6 with 2680 viewsNorthernr

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:39 - Jun 6 by TW_R

Does "Trevor Sinclair gave me a Les Ferdinand shirt at about 2pm as a keepsake for the day" translate to, " I 'alf-inched Les' shirt while no one was looking, but they called the rozzers so I had to give it back?"

I was an innocent party in a prank by Sinclair and Brevett, who both thought it was hilarious.
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:54 - Jun 6 with 2674 viewsNorthLondonR

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:31 - Jun 6 by Northernr

West Ham at home 1987/88 got a picture with my face player Wayne Fereday, me looking like Tiny Tim Cratchet from the 1984 version of a Christmas Carol and him like the moustachioed one from Hall & Oates. I took that picture with me to the London Masters a couple of years ago and had a then and now shot - he was brilliant. Must have been one of Nicky Johns' on,y first team starts as Seaman was injured!
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:55 - Jun 6 with 2665 viewsLowerloftLad

Yes I have was a few years back at watford away when we lost 3-1 and danny shittu scored for us with about 2minutes to go and kevin gallen just walked of the pitch and decided he had enough. Also my dad go to say sorry to ian holloway as he was one of men holloway went up into the stands to discuss why richard langley had been dropped to the bench haha good times urssssss

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 12:41 - Jun 6 with 2589 viewsbenbu

Yes me and my twin brother were. Versus Southampton at Home 1991 and we won 2-1. Have got the photos and programme at home. I dont remember much about the game, except being stuck in a South Africa Road lift when we scored the first goal. Their goal was a penalty. I remember meeting all the players before and after the game likes of - Mcdonald, Wegerle, Wilkins and then jumping on the Southamton coach where we met Flowers, Le Tissier and asked Shearer to get us Le Tissier's autograph ha ha...

also remember wilkins asking for plenty of pleases and thank you's when he was giving autographs like he was the bollocks - what a pr!ck!

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 12:47 - Jun 6 with 2571 viewsPeterHucker

never been a mascot but that is one cool picture Ozhoop.
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 13:10 - Jun 6 with 2529 viewsgjc104

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 12:47 - Jun 6 by PeterHucker

never been a mascot but that is one cool picture Ozhoop.

My daughter was a mascot in the England v Spain friendly at Old Trafford a few years back. She held hands with David Villa on that day. It was her 1st taste of live football. I then took her to Wolves v QPR when Wolves won 1-0 and were promoted.

And now she and I go to every Rs game, home and away!
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 13:21 - Jun 6 with 2500 viewsLlanranger

Don't you remember which match you were mascot at, or were you mascot twice? If there was a rocking atmosphere and a load of grief at the end then that was the Palace match. It would tell you the names of the mascots in the programme.
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 13:35 - Jun 6 with 2480 viewsOzhoop

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 13:21 - Jun 6 by Llanranger

Don't you remember which match you were mascot at, or were you mascot twice? If there was a rocking atmosphere and a load of grief at the end then that was the Palace match. It would tell you the names of the mascots in the programme.

I was a mascot twice, both games. My name appeared in the Palace programme, the mascot info was scrubbed out for the Cambridge game. My grandad worked with Jim Gregory match days.
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 14:35 - Jun 6 with 2416 viewsBstokeranger

Nice pic Ozhoop.

I was very lucky to be mascot 4 times in the early 80s and QPR 'guest of the day' at Anfield as they didn't allow mascots.
All the games were away at Villa, Ipswich, Everton and Watford.
The day at Anfield was awesome and they gave us a free run if the trophy room and let me and the old man pick any trophies to get out and have photos.
Brilliant memories and loads of stories that will stay with me for a lifetime.
If I can work out how to attach some pics I will attach them.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 15:35 - Jun 6 with 2368 viewswombat

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 14:35 - Jun 6 by Bstokeranger

Nice pic Ozhoop.

I was very lucky to be mascot 4 times in the early 80s and QPR 'guest of the day' at Anfield as they didn't allow mascots.
All the games were away at Villa, Ipswich, Everton and Watford.
The day at Anfield was awesome and they gave us a free run if the trophy room and let me and the old man pick any trophies to get out and have photos.
Brilliant memories and loads of stories that will stay with me for a lifetime.
If I can work out how to attach some pics I will attach them.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I was a sort of mascot , along with a few hundred others before the man city game many moons ago

didnt get a shirt though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 17:17 - Jun 6 with 2315 viewsBAWHoops

Against Sheff Weds last day of 92/93 season. Took 3 penalties v Tony Roberts. The first one I close my eyes and hit the ball as hard as I could and struck the post. The next two I scored although Our Tone was a bit flappy with them.
Earlier my Dad introduced me to Clive Wilson and asked me if I knew who it was. I replied 'I don't know, all the brown players look the same to me'. Willo wasn't impressed.
My Mum commented that stadium announcer kept saying what a nice boy I was over the PA

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 17:29 - Jun 6 with 2303 viewsTGRRRSSS

Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 11:50 - Jun 6 by Northernr

I was an innocent party in a prank by Sinclair and Brevett, who both thought it was hilarious.

Brevetts on Twitter (I follow him) dunno about Sinclair, have you reminded him of this?
Bril photo Oz hoop, where you based now?

I've never been a mascot.
Has anyone ever been a mascot? on 20:51 - Jun 6 with 2263 viewsTacticalR

Just had a look through my old programs and found this from one of our previous encounters with Swanselona. Anyone recognise this young fellow with Roeder?

[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 21:11]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024