Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
35k with roof 08:16 - Jul 7 with 4515 viewsGloucs_R

Can anyone copy and paste the article in the times?

Poll: Are we staying up?

35k with roof on 08:21 - Jul 7 with 2936 viewsHAYESBOY

Also just mentioned this on SKY sports.

Very good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

35k with roof on 08:23 - Jul 7 with 2911 viewseghamranger

Where though?
35k with roof on 08:35 - Jul 7 with 2845 viewssecretranger

35k with roof on 08:23 - Jul 7 by eghamranger

Where though?

On the Aviva site (Dairy Crest). There is also an option which includes a sliding pitch.

The club need to buy the land first, or come to an agreement with the landowners which is still some way off.
35k with roof on 08:45 - Jul 7 with 2778 viewsBlackCrowe

Anyone got the Times article pls?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

35k with roof on 08:56 - Jul 7 with 2729 viewsJonDoeman

Queens Park Rangers agreed a £5 million deal to sign Park Ji Sung from Manchester United last night and will unveil ambitious plans for a new stadium on Monday to underline their intention to become an established club in the top flight.
The proposed stadium is understood to be in White City, near Loftus Road in West London, and will have a retractable roof and seating, allowing it to be used for concerts and other indoor events, The Times has learnt.
QPR said it would put the brand “on a global scale” and they believe that the extra income generated from the 35,000 capacity – compared with 18,360 at their present site – together with sponsorship from a naming-rights deal and improved corporate facilities will help the club to maintain their status in the Barclays Premier League.
The ability to turn the stadium into an indoor arena means that they will be able to compete with the O2, in southeast London, to hold concerts and exhibitions to generate further revenue. Loftus Road is expected to be sold off for redevelopment into housing, although there may be some restrictions on the site that limit its value.
Tony Fernandes, the QPR chairman, has already announced plans to move to a state-of-the-art training ground next summer and has now turned attention to the new stadium, likely to cost about £180 million.
“Excellent stadium meeting Wow,” Fernandes wrote on Twitter. “Looks great. Going to make big announcement. Hopefully see Amit [Bhatia, vice-chairman] in a few hours to brief him. Stadium will be in West London. Will not lose overall atmosphere. Lots to do and many pitfalls but great first step.”
QPR narrowly avoided relegation on the final day of last season after a run of five wins and six defeats in the last 11 games, but the club are preparing to sign Park and William Gallas, the Tottenham Hotspur defender, to add to the four experienced players who have arrived this summer.
Park, a former South Korea captain, has made more than 130 league appearances for United since he moved from PSV Eindhoven. The midfielder, 31, started the Champions League finals in 2009 and 2011, with the club losing both times to Barcelona.
The newcomers would follow Robert Green, Andrew Johnson and Ryan Nelsen, all of whom arrived on free transfers, and Samba Diakité, the midfielder who joined permanently for £4 million from Nancy. QPR are hoping to sign one more striker this summer.
Djibril Cissé, the striker, said that he was looking forward to playing with Johnson. “He can score goals and run a lot for the team,” he said. “Competition is good for everyone. It was important to build on the squad from last season, because if you want to improve and take the club to another level, you need some new players and you need some quality players – that’s what the club is trying to do.”

It Is What It Is !!

35k with roof on 08:59 - Jul 7 with 2707 viewsBlackCrowe

Thanks for that. Sounds v promising indeed.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

35k with roof on 09:04 - Jul 7 with 2680 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

There should be some kind of warning bolted to the top of an article like that as I've just ruined a perfectly good pair of boxers...
35k with roof on 09:10 - Jul 7 with 2653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I wonder what stage we're at? Bid made? Sale agreed? Preferred bidder? Or just an intention to bid?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

35k with roof on 09:26 - Jul 7 with 2586 viewsbarbicanranger

35k with roof on 09:10 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I wonder what stage we're at? Bid made? Sale agreed? Preferred bidder? Or just an intention to bid?

surely it would be a bit premature for Fernandes to tweet all this and have a press conf on monday if we have signed an agreement in principle for the land..?
35k with roof on 09:29 - Jul 7 with 2569 viewsBrianMcCarthy

35k with roof on 09:26 - Jul 7 by barbicanranger

surely it would be a bit premature for Fernandes to tweet all this and have a press conf on monday if we have signed an agreement in principle for the land..?

Think you're right. I'm just trying to piece together all the reports and comments.

35k with roof on 09:32 - Jul 7 with 2550 viewsbarbicanranger

35k with roof on 09:29 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Think you're right. I'm just trying to piece together all the reports and comments.

I know what you mean, someone post an article yesterday with plans for residential development on that site, but I guess the building trade is a little rocky at the moment and maybe the offer from Qpr for the site made sense...with Westfield there I am sure they would be in support of have a multi-purpose venue down the road - brings in extra revenues for concerts etc.
35k with roof on 09:36 - Jul 7 with 2526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

35k with roof on 09:32 - Jul 7 by barbicanranger

I know what you mean, someone post an article yesterday with plans for residential development on that site, but I guess the building trade is a little rocky at the moment and maybe the offer from Qpr for the site made sense...with Westfield there I am sure they would be in support of have a multi-purpose venue down the road - brings in extra revenues for concerts etc.

We'll have to wait until Monday to be 100%, I suppose.

35k with roof on 09:37 - Jul 7 with 2523 viewsandygg

Wow, 35k with a closing roof. That would be spot-on.
35k with roof on 09:38 - Jul 7 with 2519 viewskingsburyR

Can I bring my seat from HQ?

I like my seat ALOT!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

35k with roof on 09:49 - Jul 7 with 2474 viewsPommyhoop

Whats the score with a closing roof?Can you close it whenever you like? Or does it have to be in terrible weather or what? Or is it purely used for concerts and stuff and never closed for the football?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

35k with roof on 09:52 - Jul 7 with 2455 viewsmikeygunn

35k with roof on 09:49 - Jul 7 by Pommyhoop

Whats the score with a closing roof?Can you close it whenever you like? Or does it have to be in terrible weather or what? Or is it purely used for concerts and stuff and never closed for the football?

They used to close the roof in the millennium stadium but not sure if the rules are different for club grounds? Will we be the only ones with a roof?!
35k with roof on 09:53 - Jul 7 with 2444 viewsHAYESBOY

Maybe buy my seat when we move with my name on and all procedes can go to the Acadamies.

Smells like a trout farm in here

35k with roof on 09:53 - Jul 7 with 2442 viewsGloucs_R

At a guess, they have the design of the stadium, they have a couple of sites in mind and the local council has given them permission to build on LR.

Poll: Are we staying up?

35k with roof on 10:13 - Jul 7 with 2369 viewsted_hendrix

35k with roof on 09:53 - Jul 7 by Gloucs_R

At a guess, they have the design of the stadium, they have a couple of sites in mind and the local council has given them permission to build on LR.

Go on the H&F website and you'll see all the planning about LR that you'll wan't to see, I'd do It but I can't be arsed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

35k with roof on 10:25 - Jul 7 with 2313 viewsSpiritofGregory

This is a dream come true, I'm so excited!!!

I was worried that we'd end up on the outskirts of West London, used to cringe everytime Wright and his puppets talked about us moving out of the area. So happy that we will remain in Shepherds Bush and will cement our status as the only team with a West London postcode. Funny how the Scum and Fools have looked down on us about their locations compared to ours. The Scum are off the Kings Rd, and the Fools have their cottage in yuppy land whilst we were opposite a council estate, near breakers yards and travellers sites. The ironic thing is that because their areas are more upmarket, all the surrounding land has been swallowed up and there are no other options in their area to build a stadium with the capacity and facilities they want - never mind the opposition to planning applications. I personally think that the Battersea site looks great but brains were never the strong point of the average Chelsea fan. Our area on the other hand has only in the last 5 - 10 years started to realise its potential therefore we have more pockets of land available in close proximity.

This is what we have been waiting for, all those times of worry - money in buckets, relegations, meetings at Hammersmith Town Hall to stop Chris Wright's plans to sell Loftus Rd, paying for players, administration, sponsored walks, being annoyed at seeing Chelsea go from strength to strength/Fulham promotions to the premier league.... Always used to wonder when we were going to get wealthy ambitious owners, it seemed that everyone else was getting theres whilst we were sinking deeper and deeper, the annoyance was fuelled by the fact that we all knew the potential of our great club, it's location, loyal fan base, great kit and name - a global marketing dream.

Had a conversation with someone at work yesterday about our bright future, you know the type who still see us as that ramshackle club and refuse to accept that we are on the up even though it's obvious when you learn who our owners are - sheer jealousy. I will take great pleasure in showing him our exciting news.

We were truely blessed when the Fernandes consortium and the Mittal family bought shares in our club. We are living the dream and realising the potential that we all knew was there.

Good things come to those who wait.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
35k with roof on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 2271 viewsbarbicanranger

35k with roof on 10:13 - Jul 7 by ted_hendrix

Go on the H&F website and you'll see all the planning about LR that you'll wan't to see, I'd do It but I can't be arsed.

just looked, couldn't find jack
35k with roof on 10:56 - Jul 7 with 2185 viewsted_hendrix

35k with roof on 10:35 - Jul 7 by barbicanranger

just looked, couldn't find jack

I'm not surprised, If anyone wants to know where our new ground is going to be built or if anyone wants to know anything about the development of LR then you have to trawl the council websites in various boroughs of London.

I'm not being condescending or anything but It's really that simple, in anycase anything this big is news and will hit the internet straight away once the plans have been lodged.

I'd say six construction companies would be invited to design & build the stadium, I'm kind of hoping the company I work for is one of them, I'd make double certain that my seat has plenty of leg room if nothing else.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

35k with roof on 10:57 - Jul 7 with 2174 viewsmichael67

Looking at the times article, I was just thinking, all that made up from comments on the message boards. Can someone point me to concrete evidence about a 35,000 stadium on the dairy site with roof to be used for concerts?

I think I will wait till Monday to hear it from the horses mouth.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

35k with roof on 11:00 - Jul 7 with 2149 viewsWeAreQPR12

can't find any info regarding this monday press release. I assume it will be on player anyone know a time?
35k with roof on 11:05 - Jul 7 with 2129 viewsmichael67

35k with roof on 11:00 - Jul 7 by WeAreQPR12

can't find any info regarding this monday press release. I assume it will be on player anyone know a time?

TF tweeted it. No specific time though.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024