Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer at stadiums 12:08 - Aug 17 with 4377 viewsBuck_Chilly

Hi all,

Been a lurker for many a year and have finally decided to take the plunge into the world of forums. For those interested I'm 25, studying Geology at uni and sit in South Africa Rd.

What bugs me is the crap beer they serve in the stadium. I remember being able to get a pint of Tetleys (I think?) in the old season ticket bar which wasn't bad and in the platinum bar I could get a small bottle of ale before the game but now I settle for cider poured from a pump labeled Carlsberg. Admittedly I only have to fork out 80p with the vouchers but I'd really like to see one of these premium European lagers served behind the counters.

I've noticed, mainly in post match interviews, that lots of Premier League teams have "beer partners". Mainly far eastern ones such as Chang (Everton) and Singha (Man U and Chelsea) and we have sodding Carlsberg. I did hope a few years back with all the rumours of the Kingfisher Stadium naming that we would get Kingfisher beer which I think isn't half bad, especially with a curry.

So my question to any seasoned travelling fan is:
Do any of the stadiums of the above mentioned teams sell the beer of their sponsoring partner, and does any non rugby stadium in the country sell a decent pint?

And my cheese changes week by week but I'll go for halloumi, even though I don't think of it as a cheese.
Beer at stadiums on 12:10 - Aug 17 with 3545 viewsreal_loftus

So if you've been a "lurker for many a year" you'll know which schoolboy error you've committed with your debut post.........

ATAF.

Beer at stadiums on 12:11 - Aug 17 with 3535 viewssimmo

Beer at stadiums on 12:10 - Aug 17 by real_loftus

So if you've been a "lurker for many a year" you'll know which schoolboy error you've committed with your debut post.........

?

Have you seen the bottom line of his post?

Welcome by the way!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Beer at stadiums on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 3525 viewsKonk

At Fulham we have a really good selection - a variety of British real ales, American Craft beers, Belgian Trappists, Czech lagers and some fantastic German Weiss beers. All on draught and all served in excellent nick.

Not really. We sell plastic bottles of warm Calrsberg for about £18 a pop.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Beer at stadiums on 12:14 - Aug 17 with 3513 viewsaston_hoop

Before Brighton opened their new ground, they said that at every match they would serve a guest ale at the bars from a brewery near where the opposition team were from. Now thats a good idea.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Beer at stadiums on 12:14 - Aug 17 with 3507 viewswombat

Beer at stadiums on 12:11 - Aug 17 by simmo

?

Welcome by the way!

defo a point of for halloumi fowl insult to chesse im affraid , come back with a decent bulgarian stilton or be gone

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Beer at stadiums on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 3499 viewsTacticalR

Welcome Buck.

Air hostess clique

Beer at stadiums on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 3483 viewsBuck_Chilly

Beer at stadiums on 12:15 - Aug 17 by TacticalR

Welcome Buck.

Apologies for halloumi, but its so damn delicious. I do love cheddar, but that would be too easy. How about Cracker Barrel or Laughing Cow?
Beer at stadiums on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 3481 viewsreal_loftus

Beer at stadiums on 12:11 - Aug 17 by simmo

?

Welcome by the way!

Oh yeh

ATAF.

Login to get fewer ads

Beer at stadiums on 12:30 - Aug 17 with 3450 viewshoopstilidie

Beer at stadiums on 12:15 - Aug 17 by TacticalR

Welcome Buck.

Has he been away?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Beer at stadiums on 12:33 - Aug 17 with 3431 viewsLewes_r

Halloumi give it to me... But Feta is better

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Beer at stadiums on 12:35 - Aug 17 with 3422 viewshoof_hearted

Halloumi makes your teaath squeek. Very entertaining.

Beer at stadiums on 12:37 - Aug 17 with 3417 viewsBuck_Chilly

Beer at stadiums on 12:33 - Aug 17 by Lewes_r

Halloumi give it to me... But Feta is better

Nice rhyme. If halloumi was cheaper I'd happily go veggie, also I must admit I go to Nandos almost for their halloumi alone.
Beer at stadiums on 12:51 - Aug 17 with 3382 viewsheadhoops

Welcome Buck

used to be at Manure away you got your lager in a plastic bottle with a Manure label on it.

With our owners we should be looking at King Cobra on tap.

This weekend I will mostly be eating Guyere.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Beer at stadiums on 13:03 - Aug 17 with 3357 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 12:51 - Aug 17 by headhoops

Welcome Buck

used to be at Manure away you got your lager in a plastic bottle with a Manure label on it.

With our owners we should be looking at King Cobra on tap.

This weekend I will mostly be eating Guyere.

A decent beer at Loftus Road would be one of the signings of the season, guess it would have to be South East Asian so:

Tiger (Singapore)
San Miguel (Philippines *not a lot of people know that)
Singha (Thailand)
Chang (as well)

If we have to stick with the Carlsberg link we could go for Halida Beer (Vietnam) brewed by Carlsberg or this from Malaysia:

http://kuali.com/news/story.aspx?file=/2010/6/10/ku_entertaining/20100702160147&
Beer at stadiums on 13:55 - Aug 17 with 3266 viewsrobith

After my trip to Porto this year would very much welcome Super Bock behind the bar
Beer at stadiums on 14:06 - Aug 17 with 3251 views100percent

Carlsberg are the sponsor at Loftus Road.
The concession company serving the beer use the lowest common denominator - therefore it's teh cheapest option "carlsberg" which can also be served in PET - plastic bottle. if Carlsberg really wanted to roll out brands, they actually own San Miguel and a few other premium lagers but the concession company will be squeezed to the pips, so it will be the cheapest option for all of you....
I'd love to get the concession at QPR - I could revolutionise the way football fans are served alcoholic and soft beverages.....
Beer at stadiums on 14:15 - Aug 17 with 3230 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 14:06 - Aug 17 by 100percent

The concession company serving the beer use the lowest common denominator - therefore it's teh cheapest option "carlsberg" which can also be served in PET - plastic bottle. if Carlsberg really wanted to roll out brands, they actually own San Miguel and a few other premium lagers but the concession company will be squeezed to the pips, so it will be the cheapest option for all of you....
I'd love to get the concession at QPR - I could revolutionise the way football fans are served alcoholic and soft beverages.....

Let's get this campaign started...
Beer at stadiums on 14:19 - Aug 17 with 3224 viewsToast_R

Carlsberg really is the worst of the worst in socialbly acceptable beers/ By that I mean others like Super T, Kestral etc would fare worse but then if you got caught drinking one of those 99% of people would assume you had a problem.

I always assumed Carlsberg Green was sold due to it's weak p*iss water content, thus not encouraging dickheadedness behaviour at the ground?

The beers in Munich last weekend were without a doubt the best in the world, but having a sensible guess on what I would like to see served at LR, it would have to be Carlsberg Export. Does give me a quicker then average result and just above the thin line not leave you needing a head transplant in the morning.
Beer at stadiums on 14:36 - Aug 17 with 3193 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 14:19 - Aug 17 by Toast_R

Carlsberg really is the worst of the worst in socialbly acceptable beers/ By that I mean others like Super T, Kestral etc would fare worse but then if you got caught drinking one of those 99% of people would assume you had a problem.

I always assumed Carlsberg Green was sold due to it's weak p*iss water content, thus not encouraging dickheadedness behaviour at the ground?

The beers in Munich last weekend were without a doubt the best in the world, but having a sensible guess on what I would like to see served at LR, it would have to be Carlsberg Export. Does give me a quicker then average result and just above the thin line not leave you needing a head transplant in the morning.

Just out of interest what beer did you indulge in?

I love German beer and German supermarkets are heaven, they usually are subdivided with groceries/toiletries/bakery/deli = one half.. then beer emporium = the other half...with literally thousands of baskets laden with bottles of the finest beer.

Morrisons now sell bottles of Furstenburg (£1.45) and the odd poncey pub/bar will sell you a pint of Rothaus (both Black Forest beers) but it will leave you with little change out of a fiver.
Beer at stadiums on 14:37 - Aug 17 with 3193 viewswombat

Beer at stadiums on 12:20 - Aug 17 by Buck_Chilly

Apologies for halloumi, but its so damn delicious. I do love cheddar, but that would be too easy. How about Cracker Barrel or Laughing Cow?

cheddar is passable as long as its strong very strong none of this taste like soap cheddar it need to be canadian at least a grade 4 maybe 5

yummmmmmm cheese

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Beer at stadiums on 15:00 - Aug 17 with 3145 viewsToast_R

Beer at stadiums on 14:36 - Aug 17 by NorthLondonR

Just out of interest what beer did you indulge in?

I love German beer and German supermarkets are heaven, they usually are subdivided with groceries/toiletries/bakery/deli = one half.. then beer emporium = the other half...with literally thousands of baskets laden with bottles of the finest beer.

Morrisons now sell bottles of Furstenburg (£1.45) and the odd poncey pub/bar will sell you a pint of Rothaus (both Black Forest beers) but it will leave you with little change out of a fiver.

I frequented this little Gem on the Street "Zum Spöckmeier"

Weather was great, ambience set tried and tested their list of beers. Some dark and heavy, others lighter but the flavour was awesome, and no lingering aftertastes you sometimes get on strong beers.

Paulaner Original Münchner Hell
Paulaner Original Münchner Dunkel
Paulaner Hefeweissbier
Paulaner Dunkles Weissbier
Fürstenberg Premium Pilsener

You have to respect this stuff, as it will knock you the f*ck down if you give it some. Stuck to the 0.5L's mainly and still got wrecked.

Great food served there too, knucke of pork, falls off the bone, sauerkraut on the side, great sausages to share amoung followers.

God, I wanna go back right now!
Beer at stadiums on 15:12 - Aug 17 with 3127 viewsNorthLondonR

Beer at stadiums on 15:00 - Aug 17 by Toast_R

Weather was great, ambience set tried and tested their list of beers. Some dark and heavy, others lighter but the flavour was awesome, and no lingering aftertastes you sometimes get on strong beers.

Paulaner Hefeweissbier

You have to respect this stuff, as it will knock you the f*ck down if you give it some. Stuck to the 0.5L's mainly and still got wrecked.

Great food served there too, knucke of pork, falls off the bone, sauerkraut on the side, great sausages to share amoung followers.

sounds great - didn't indulge in any Stein activity then? Had a brilliant time time in the Viktualienmarkt in the centre of Munich last year just sat there amongst well-behaved, yet boisterous Bayern and Schalke fans - no hint of trouble even though they were probably necking 6 litres of lager a piece.

I think you can only get Paulaner Weiss on tap, yet in poncey pubs - HB is a great beer too
Beer at stadiums on 16:08 - Aug 17 with 3072 viewsbmouth_rs

Paulaner Hefeweissbier

Top call.

Pork on the knuckle is Eisbein (boiled) or Schweinhaxe (roasted), and the best bier, without a double, is Augustiner, the oldest brewer in Munich. Paulaner pretty close second though.

It's good to be anal about something.
Beer at stadiums on 16:57 - Aug 17 with 3021 viewsBuck_Chilly

Paulaner Hefeweissbier

I had the pleasure of going to Munich a few years ago and I gotta say after Bruges it's my beer heaven. Went to a place called the Paulaner Beer Garten, tried this unfiltered lager which might well be one of the best beers I've ever had. Our waiter said it was brewed on site in the huge copper tanks we were sat next to. I'm itching to go back.
Beer at stadiums on 17:15 - Aug 17 with 3003 viewskysersosaqpr

Beer at stadiums on 14:06 - Aug 17 by 100percent

Intravenously?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024