Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Options for West Brom... 15:29 - Oct 2 with 4024 viewsThe_Mole

Go to the Hawthornes with a system that works and implement it from the start - not the 75th minute!

We clearly don't have the defenders at present, so take the game to the Baggies with an attack minded side...

That means, playing Faurlin, Granero and Park as a midfield 3 and allowing Hoilett and Taarabt free roles to support Zamora?

I'd also have to question Cesar's performances of late - bar the Chelsea game he has looked very nervy and last night was simply embarrassing! If Green was dropped for less, then maybe Cesar needs a spell on the sidelines to re-think his game-plan?!
Options for West Brom... on 15:32 - Oct 2 with 3200 viewsWatford_Ranger

What did Cesar do wrong? I blame the defence far more than him for either goal and he made one excellent save in particular as well as looking a hundred times more assured than Green.
Options for West Brom... on 15:38 - Oct 2 with 3178 viewsSpiritofGregory

Green has dropped clangers, Cesar has not. You can't blame the keeper for our comical defending.

I noticed Mackie and Green both bitching on the bench.
Options for West Brom... on 15:48 - Oct 2 with 3164 viewsNorthernr

Options for West Brom... on 15:38 - Oct 2 by SpiritofGregory

Green has dropped clangers, Cesar has not. You can't blame the keeper for our comical defending.

I noticed Mackie and Green both bitching on the bench.

How could you tell what they were saying?
Options for West Brom... on 15:50 - Oct 2 with 3156 viewsDesertBoot

Yes let's call Cesar "embarrassing". Good grief

Wish I could be like David Watts

Options for West Brom... on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 3153 viewsfakekerby

Cesar, really? I don't think he did a thing wrong. The second goal was deflected off M'Bia and the first he had no chance with.

I do agree on a switch to 4-5-1 that allows Hoilett and Adel to play. Doubt we'll see it though.

I originally thought SWP/Park at the same time was horses for courses, but now i'm not so sure.

I think it'll be 4-4-2 again, with one or two bizarre player selections.
Options for West Brom... on 16:05 - Oct 2 with 3129 viewssimmo

Cesar's save against Vaz Te 2nd half was excellent

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Options for West Brom... on 16:09 - Oct 2 with 3113 viewsWeaverQPR

Pack the midfield and pray for a point. Could you stick Derry inbetween Faurlin and Granero and go Park on the right Taarabt on the left? big bob up top.

@WeavQPR

Options for West Brom... on 16:16 - Oct 2 with 3099 viewsrobith

Go for the 4-5-1 that kept us up. Bobby up top, Adel and Hoilett cutting in
Login to get fewer ads

Options for West Brom... on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 3090 viewsThe_Mole

Options for West Brom... on 15:50 - Oct 2 by DesertBoot

Yes let's call Cesar "embarrassing". Good grief

I'm sorry, but when a keeper comes to a team with such high regard and reputation, then flaps at the two goals when a bit of composure would have sufficed then yes, you can label that embarrassing.

Spurs - granted the ball went in off Faurlin but made no attempt to dive for it...

Reading - Free kick was spot on by Surey, but again, made no attempt to dive, in fact almost ducked underneath it... Then Prog's flick he fell to his knees and watched it trickle in at 3 mph...
Options for West Brom... on 16:20 - Oct 2 with 3086 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brazillian Goalkpeepers are rarely up to much, how they've won so many World Cups is a miracle when you think that way.
Options for West Brom... on 16:28 - Oct 2 with 3067 viewsWatford_Ranger

Options for West Brom... on 16:18 - Oct 2 by The_Mole

I'm sorry, but when a keeper comes to a team with such high regard and reputation, then flaps at the two goals when a bit of composure would have sufficed then yes, you can label that embarrassing.

Spurs - granted the ball went in off Faurlin but made no attempt to dive for it...

Reading - Free kick was spot on by Surey, but again, made no attempt to dive, in fact almost ducked underneath it... Then Prog's flick he fell to his knees and watched it trickle in at 3 mph...

So you don't like him when he doesn't dive for lost causes? He's the best goalkeeper we've had in my lifetime and that's probably the case for most on this board.
Options for West Brom... on 16:32 - Oct 2 with 3057 viewsBklynRanger

I'd go for:

Cesar
Harriman Nelsen M'bia Hill
Junior Park Ale Granero Adel
BZ

Clint doesn't know if he's coming or going at the moment. Let him stay at the back on the left and cover for Adel going forward. Just stick to that job until he can go back to competing for CB. Give Harriman a go on the right. Park can hold back and cover for him when he goes forward with Hoilett.

When Anton or Fabio are recovered I'd play M'bia in the middle behind Ale and Granero.
Options for West Brom... on 16:33 - Oct 2 with 3054 viewsadhoc_qpr

Cesar could have done better with the second goal for me, but it did take a deflection.

He still hasn't dropped any clangers though and has made a few pretty decent saves to boot.

I think we need 3 in midfield to play WBA - Granero, Faurlin and either Mbia or Derry to sit back.

Zamora upfront flanked by Hoillet and Taarabt has a good balance.

Defence is a case of whoever is fit, but for god's sake Hughes try and drill them together this week prior to Saturday to forge some understanding!
Options for West Brom... on 16:33 - Oct 2 with 3051 viewsHayesender

Options for West Brom... on 16:28 - Oct 2 by Watford_Ranger

So you don't like him when he doesn't dive for lost causes? He's the best goalkeeper we've had in my lifetime and that's probably the case for most on this board.

You can't be very old fella, cause I can think of three right away.

Seaman, big Jan, and Hucker for starters

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Options for West Brom... on 16:35 - Oct 2 with 3047 viewstoboboly

Green at Augsburg/Swansea/Norwich was awful.

Cesar was great against the Scum and Spurs and didn't do too badly against the Fakes or Wet Spam.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Options for West Brom... on 16:50 - Oct 2 with 3024 viewsThe_Mole

Options for West Brom... on 16:33 - Oct 2 by Hayesender

My thoughts exactly!

I like Cesar, I do, but as a goal-keeping coach, I feel i'm in a position to criticise the above points...

Cesar is a great shot-stopper but the above points show he loves to flap and isn't quite the finished article yet.
Options for West Brom... on 16:51 - Oct 2 with 3022 viewstoboboly

Options for West Brom... on 16:50 - Oct 2 by The_Mole

My thoughts exactly!

I like Cesar, I do, but as a goal-keeping coach, I feel i'm in a position to criticise the above points...

Cesar is a great shot-stopper but the above points show he loves to flap and isn't quite the finished article yet.

He is definately better than Green though. Green flaps like he belongs in an aviary.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Options for West Brom... on 18:07 - Oct 2 with 2981 viewsWatford_Ranger

Options for West Brom... on 16:33 - Oct 2 by Hayesender

I'm young, so maybe it's not the case for most as I said, but he's looked like a top, top keeper in these few games imo especially given how little time he's know his teammates, the league, any language barriers etc.
Options for West Brom... on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 2954 viewsShackletonR

Agree with the midfield 5 and BZ up front even pushing for a 4-3-3 when on the attack but Hughes is defence minded manager so cant see that even thou we cant defend for 60 grand a week at the moment, got to disagree about Ceser thou he's not a miracle worker our defence are rabbits in the headlights when a cross come's in so cant save every thing, plus he saved a pen against Reading

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Options for West Brom... on 18:44 - Oct 2 with 2944 viewsTacticalR

Options for West Brom... on 16:51 - Oct 2 by toboboly

He is definately better than Green though. Green flaps like he belongs in an aviary.

He began his playing career as a canary, so that explains it.

Air hostess clique

Options for West Brom... on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 2941 viewsjamois

Options for West Brom... on 18:07 - Oct 2 by Watford_Ranger

I'm young, so maybe it's not the case for most as I said, but he's looked like a top, top keeper in these few games imo especially given how little time he's know his teammates, the league, any language barriers etc.

I think the point is for a Brazilian keeper he looks pretty good

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Options for West Brom... on 18:52 - Oct 2 with 2930 viewshoops_legend

Options for West Brom... on 18:45 - Oct 2 by jamois

I think the point is for a Brazilian keeper he looks pretty good

I loved cesars save when he palmed onto cross bar. World class..

Also when he picked up the west ham player who had dived pretending he had been elbowed or punched by our defender in injury time. He was going berserk. I loved that passion
Options for West Brom... on 19:32 - Oct 2 with 2890 viewsAgedR

What nonsensical prattle.

Ceasar hasn't flapped at anything since he's been here, and the comments about not diving for Ale's own goal...it's just twaddle.

What about the calm and assured manner in which he distributes the ball? What about the way he cleared out three men, when punching a corner? What about the magnificent save he made on to the bar? What about the fact that he's only played four games and looks the real deal?...no, let's concentrate on make believe faux pas.

He is quality and so will we be when the back four settles and we are not forced to chase a game at home.

We have had two bad results this season and on both occasions we conceded relatively early goals. We were excellent against Spurs and Chelsea, but, let's not look at the positives, that might actually require something other than knee jerk postulating.

While we're at it let's say Hughes is a tactical pigmy, there is no team spirit, Samba is depressed, Mittal is off, Warren Farm has hit a snag, the hoops are too skinny, Mackie has no first touch, we give too many tickets to away fans, our home fans are are seated in the wrong place, the badge is too flowery, Stan didn't play enough for England, the Tories are governing without a mandate and TF's Malysian connections are dubious. Better still, let's all go and become Spurs or Blackburn fans.

Clive, is there anyway you could encorporate a button for posts, ala Facebook, that we can tick, which simply says 'Piffle'.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Options for West Brom... on 19:57 - Oct 2 with 2864 viewsRS44

Options for West Brom... on 16:51 - Oct 2 by toboboly

Haha, that made me laugh!

The bloke flaps like a queer penguin!
Options for West Brom... on 20:22 - Oct 2 with 2835 viewsJigsore

I have to say that's a good idea. A 4-3-3 would be ideal with Zamora at the front and Hoilett accompanying him on the right and Taarabt straying left but essentially getting a bit of a free role because that suits him.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024