Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what to do with rob green come january 13:58 - Nov 16 with 1843 viewsHollowayRanger

rumour is he's on £50,000 a week

do we release him try to sell him loan him or keep him

if worst happens and we are religated i cent see ceaser coping in championship so do we hang on to rob

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

what to do with rob green come january on 14:05 - Nov 16 with 1359 viewsrunningman75

Sell him if we could get a fee. If we go down I think another big clear out would be needed. Time to use the economic models of clubs such as Crystal Palace and Watford, using younger players and not paying over inflated wages.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:22 - Nov 16 with 1325 viewsTacticalR

A sensitive figure in black, I think the best thing would be playing Hamlet in an amateur dramatic production in January, perhaps working his way up to the Royal Shakespeare Company next season if his performances justify it.

Air hostess clique

what to do with rob green come january on 14:24 - Nov 16 with 1316 viewsSpiritofGregory

We have two problems with Green.

Firstly, no one will be prepared to equal the wage that he is getting at Rangers unless he goes and plays for a club in China, USA or Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, he happens to be another Bobby 'I don't like football' Zamora. Green's passion is golf, he just sees football as a job so I dare say he will be quite happy to sit on the bench collecting a cool 50k every week.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:27 - Nov 16 with 1308 viewsJamie

Was offered around on a free. No takers.

Almost certainly here until his contract ends in June 2014.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:27 - Nov 16 with 1306 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we go down i'd assume Cesar will leave and Green will probably be the number one keeper for whoever is in charge by then.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:29 - Nov 16 with 1302 viewsDesertBoot

what to do with rob green come january on 14:24 - Nov 16 by SpiritofGregory

We have two problems with Green.

Firstly, no one will be prepared to equal the wage that he is getting at Rangers unless he goes and plays for a club in China, USA or Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, he happens to be another Bobby 'I don't like football' Zamora. Green's passion is golf, he just sees football as a job so I dare say he will be quite happy to sit on the bench collecting a cool 50k every week.

Unfortunately I've heard several journalists talk along those lines. We're stuck with him as he couldn't care less whether he's playing or not.

Wish I could be like David Watts

what to do with rob green come january on 14:30 - Nov 16 with 1300 viewsTacticalR

I think we are going to need an FA committee to conduct a thorough inquiry into footballers who aren't interested in football. That will soon weed out the unbelievers.

Air hostess clique

what to do with rob green come january on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 1283 viewsderbyhoop

There's 2 reasons why Green is at QPR.
1) We offered more money than West Ham
2) He lives somewhere near Sunbury, so it is nearer than any other top (don't laugh) club.

So, to get shot, we'd have to find another club commutable from his home that would match his current wages.
He'll be warming the bench until Cesar leaves or his contract runs out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

what to do with rob green come january on 14:43 - Nov 16 with 1273 viewsparker64

I watched him in the warm up at the last home game. They were practising crosses and he was stood on the penalty spot as Caesar caught the crosses coming in. He was stood with his arms folded glancing now and then at the big screen. He couldn't have looked less interested if he tried.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:44 - Nov 16 with 1271 viewsClive_Anderson

Maybe we could sell Cesar and play him instead. Obviously Cesar is better, but if we're going to have to pay Green £50k a week then he needs to be playing.

Our finances terrify me.
what to do with rob green come january on 14:49 - Nov 16 with 1257 viewsSpiritofGregory

Still amazed that we signed him when the general concensus is, he's $hit.

what to do with rob green come january on 14:50 - Nov 16 with 1255 viewstoboboly

Agree. Couldn't believe people were saying he was a step up from Kenny.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

what to do with rob green come january on 14:53 - Nov 16 with 1245 viewsderbyhoop

If you think back the reasons why we signed him are not that difficult to fathom.

Kenny had a poor season, was struggling wth injury and looked unfit. His lack of mobility had cost us goals.
Green was the England Number 2 keeper, available on a free transfer.

Cesar coming available 2 weeks into the season makes the decision to sign Green look awful. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

what to do with rob green come january on 15:10 - Nov 16 with 1221 viewsSpiritofGregory

what to do with rob green come january on 14:53 - Nov 16 by derbyhoop

If you think back the reasons why we signed him are not that difficult to fathom.

Kenny had a poor season, was struggling wth injury and looked unfit. His lack of mobility had cost us goals.
Green was the England Number 2 keeper, available on a free transfer.

Cesar coming available 2 weeks into the season makes the decision to sign Green look awful. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

To give credit to everyone on this board, it isn't hindsight, everyone knew he was shit.

No other club wanted him and when the rumour came out that we were going to sign him, everyone on this board was bitterly disappointed as he is prone to clangers. We were willing to give him a chance but our fears were confirmed when true to form, he dropped several clangers against weak opposition during our tour in the Far East.

what to do with rob green come january on 15:20 - Nov 16 with 1206 viewsTacticalR

Big Sam's last Rob Green tweet..."I'll miss your confused, jam-stained face"

Air hostess clique

what to do with rob green come january on 15:23 - Nov 16 with 1201 viewsNorthernr

I think he'll go back to West Ham in the summer.
what to do with rob green come january on 15:24 - Nov 16 with 1197 viewsadhoc_qpr

what to do with rob green come january on 15:10 - Nov 16 by SpiritofGregory

To give credit to everyone on this board, it isn't hindsight, everyone knew he was shit.

No other club wanted him and when the rumour came out that we were going to sign him, everyone on this board was bitterly disappointed as he is prone to clangers. We were willing to give him a chance but our fears were confirmed when true to form, he dropped several clangers against weak opposition during our tour in the Far East.

Never mind pre-season, he gifted Swansea the lead in a game we were completely bossing at the time!!

Difficult to remember now given the final score, but for 35-40 minutes we were much the better team until Green gave them an undeserved boost...
what to do with rob green come january on 15:25 - Nov 16 with 1195 viewsNorthernr

what to do with rob green come january on 15:10 - Nov 16 by SpiritofGregory

Yes I agree. A lot of this "they're all mercenaries, this was doomed to failure" stuff is with a hefty dose of hindsight because in the summer most people were delighted by our signings and some were even talking about a push for European football.

However, in the case of Green, I think almost everybody had reservations.
what to do with rob green come january on 15:39 - Nov 16 with 1154 viewsDesertBoot

Yep, lack of quality in defence and a dodgy keeper was the general consensus en route to the Swansea game.

Wish I could be like David Watts

what to do with rob green come january on 15:46 - Nov 16 with 1146 viewsPinnerPaul

what to do with rob green come january on 14:29 - Nov 16 by DesertBoot

Unfortunately I've heard several journalists talk along those lines. We're stuck with him as he couldn't care less whether he's playing or not.

Surely your 2nd line is going to apply to more and more players if we get a new manager?
what to do with rob green come january on 16:50 - Nov 16 with 1108 viewsGloucs_R

Cesar will go to Arsenal or Chelsea in the summer, proved himself to be good enough IMO.

Poll: Are we staying up?

what to do with rob green come january on 16:55 - Nov 16 with 1102 viewsPinnerPaul

what to do with rob green come january on 15:24 - Nov 16 by adhoc_qpr

Never mind pre-season, he gifted Swansea the lead in a game we were completely bossing at the time!!

Difficult to remember now given the final score, but for 35-40 minutes we were much the better team until Green gave them an undeserved boost...

To be fair to RG, shouldn't have meant complete capitulation afterwards though - none of the other 4 were his fault.
what to do with rob green come january on 20:16 - Nov 16 with 1025 viewsMrSheen

Break him up for parts?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
what to do with rob green come january on 20:40 - Nov 16 with 1004 viewsDave_Lazy

Use him as a hat stand, his movement's the same
what to do with rob green come january on 21:15 - Nov 16 with 978 viewsbosh67

what to do with rob green come january on 20:40 - Nov 16 by Dave_Lazy

Use him as a hat stand, his movement's the same

That's totally out of order. A hat stand holds things without dropping them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024