Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian piece well worth a read.... 15:04 - Nov 19 with 1101 viewsNov77

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/19/qpr-mark-hughes

even a name check for Clive and this site.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:13 - Nov 19 with 1060 viewsBrazilNutR

Hope TF reads that..
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:19 - Nov 19 with 1029 viewsNov77

'Quick Phone Redknapp'

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:26 - Nov 19 with 980 viewsFDC

Quit, Piss Rangers
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:35 - Nov 19 with 942 viewsJonDoeman

Had Hughes been captain of the Titanic, one suspects he would have told the press: "We need to take the positives from the voyage and concentrate on the icebergs we didn't hit, because for most of the journey we were in no danger of sinking. What this ship needs is stability at the helm, and I'm still confident I can get all the passengers to New York alive."

It Is What It Is !!

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:36 - Nov 19 with 926 viewsJonDoeman

Quite Possibly Rotten

It Is What It Is !!

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:39 - Nov 19 with 908 viewsthame_hoops

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:35 - Nov 19 by JonDoeman

Had Hughes been captain of the Titanic, one suspects he would have told the press: "We need to take the positives from the voyage and concentrate on the icebergs we didn't hit, because for most of the journey we were in no danger of sinking. What this ship needs is stability at the helm, and I'm still confident I can get all the passengers to New York alive."

i spat my coffee out reading that. excellant
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:47 - Nov 19 with 875 viewsAGEREPC01

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:13 - Nov 19 by BrazilNutR

Hope TF reads that..

good read.

stainrod81

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:53 - Nov 19 with 847 viewsWestbourneR

BANG. ON.

'Still, Hughes has much to answer for. The transfer policy has seen the club overloaded with midfielders, with a shortfall of strikers and decent defenders — Bowen admitted that QPR actually need 12 slots to accommodate the first-choice midfielders. The result is a side that can play lovely football in the middle third of the pitch, but is hopeless at either end.'

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:59 - Nov 19 with 823 viewssimmo

Exactly right, all of it spot on

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:09 - Nov 19 with 782 viewsAntti_Heinola

The point about the culture of ownership is an interesting one and one that is wholeheartedly held by Dave Mc over at West London Sport. Still, I think a strong manager should be able to overcome such difficulties and demands. At worst, I think Park may have been pushed towards Hughes, but then, I think most teams in the bottom half of the table would have taken Park. I can't really believe that they demanded he sign Boswinga and not some unknown full back on the grounds he was a bigger name. That signing smacked of desperation more than anything. The fact is he was strongly backed in the transfer market and I find it difficult to believe he was ordered to fill up a big wage budget with older but famous players for the sake of the 'brand'. He's got no one to blame but himself.

Bare bones.

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:11 - Nov 19 with 773 viewseastside_r

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 15:35 - Nov 19 by JonDoeman

Yes. Nice one NW5.

I think Clive would have bee proud of that.
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:14 - Nov 19 with 758 viewsNW5Hoop

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:11 - Nov 19 by eastside_r

Yes. Nice one NW5.

I think Clive would have bee proud of that.

Why, thank you. I spent Saturday night tweeting Mark Hughes and his role in history. Should you wish to read them, I'm @michaelahann. Though the one about France in 1940 misses out the crucial word "no" in front of "one".
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:18 - Nov 19 with 740 viewsAntti_Heinola

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:14 - Nov 19 by NW5Hoop

Why, thank you. I spent Saturday night tweeting Mark Hughes and his role in history. Should you wish to read them, I'm @michaelahann. Though the one about France in 1940 misses out the crucial word "no" in front of "one".

Bit harsh on Adel there, Michael. He has always stepped up to the plate when we needed him. Excellent thoughts though!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bare bones.

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:19 - Nov 19 with 728 viewsNW5Hoop

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:18 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

Bit harsh on Adel there, Michael. He has always stepped up to the plate when we needed him. Excellent thoughts though!

I love Adel with a pure and manly admiration. But commitment hasn't always been his strong point. I believe people from Hull have some evidence in that direction.
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:19 - Nov 19 with 728 viewsgueRRilla

Quite Possibly Relegated
Quality Players Ruined

Jeez. That is one damning article.
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:23 - Nov 19 with 709 viewsFDC

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:14 - Nov 19 by NW5Hoop

Michael Hann ‏@MichaelAHann

Mark Hughes on the Donner Party: "It's disappointing when the lads eat each other, but we prepared well. We couldn't have foreseen snow in winter in the high Sierra, and team spirit remains high. I'm sure we can put the cannibalism behind us."
Expand

Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 16:38 - Nov 19 with 660 viewsJamie

I'm told by an impeccable source that Ahmadinejad has been so impressed with the quality of Hughes' PR that he is lining up a job offer as his propaganda chief ahead of the imminent US invasion.

As the US bullets ping off the walls around him he'll tell the assembled ranks:

"obviously we're all disappointed at the pace of the US advance into Tehran as we've prepared the lads meticulously for every eventuality. Its back to the drawing board from here but there is an unbelievable amount of quality in the barracks and we're convinced we'll have them pushed back over the border soon'.
Guardian piece well worth a read.... on 17:03 - Nov 19 with 597 viewsGloucs_R

Nailed on...

"Still, Hughes has much to answer for. The transfer policy has seen the club overloaded with midfielders, with a shortfall of strikers and decent defenders — Bowen admitted that QPR actually need 12 slots to accommodate the first-choice midfielders. The result is a side that can play lovely football in the middle third of the pitch, but is hopeless at either end. And if Hughes's preparation is so good, how come the team is so terrible in the penalty areas — leaving players unmarked at one end and failing to get bodies in the box at the other?"

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024