Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another article in the Ob 13:30 - Dec 11 with 3801 viewsTTNYear

That you may miss due to all the kerfuffle from Sunday... Its CD talking about the recession hitting crowds.

Points raised

* Hill's shadow looms over the club still 'We had a similar scenario with Steve Parkin. Everyone after him was compared with him'

* Recession is hitting crowds. No money in Rochdale 'When people are tightening purse strings and things have to go, your football is one of the first things to make way'

* 'We had a gate on Satdurday of 1,700, its coming up to Christmas, and unfortunately it is the sign of the times'....'That said if we were top mof the league I doubt whether there would be another 300 coming through the door. We were challenging for promotion out of league one in 2011 and we were still only loking at gates of 2,300'.... not sure about that Chris tbf

* He talks about the sales of Dawson and Buckley being key to us being able to compete in the division, and if we hadnt been for the fact that we have sold these players we would be running on empty.

Make of that what you will

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Another article in the Ob on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 2748 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's all stuff that has been re-gurgatated numerous times on here.

Nowt new.

........running on empty now for sure.
Another article in the Ob on 13:40 - Dec 11 with 2730 viewsTTNYear

Another article in the Ob on 13:35 - Dec 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's all stuff that has been re-gurgatated numerous times on here.

Nowt new.

........running on empty now for sure.

What strikes me is the 'well that's what we are going to get through the gates' attitude. If that attitude is at the top then nee fookers gonna try to improve crowds. ...

Another line from the article

'I'm not going to get excited about the gates - we are just going to have to budget for the worst'.... Great!

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Another article in the Ob on 13:41 - Dec 11 with 2724 viewsjudd

Another article in the Ob on 13:40 - Dec 11 by TTNYear

What strikes me is the 'well that's what we are going to get through the gates' attitude. If that attitude is at the top then nee fookers gonna try to improve crowds. ...

'I'm not going to get excited about the gates - we are just going to have to budget for the worst'.... Great!

The worst being zero paying customers?

So basically, Trust/fans initiative, up yours.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Another article in the Ob on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 2689 views442Dale

What have we done since selling Buckley nearly 3 years ago and Dawson over 2 years ago to ensure we wouldn't be running on empty?

Frightening.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another article in the Ob on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 2682 viewsRicardo

Well I have continued to pay for 10 season tickets on an annual basis (originally 12 tbf).

I have decided not to go again for a number of reasons - but the core reason is the "club feeling" which, to me at least, has gone. Probably typified by the incident away that I admittedly over-reacted to

So it is nothing to do with the recession for me - I have already paid.

But I will not be doing so again until something changes. I cannot say what.
Another article in the Ob on 13:50 - Dec 11 with 2672 viewsjudd

Another article in the Ob on 13:48 - Dec 11 by Ricardo

Well I have continued to pay for 10 season tickets on an annual basis (originally 12 tbf).

I have decided not to go again for a number of reasons - but the core reason is the "club feeling" which, to me at least, has gone. Probably typified by the incident away that I admittedly over-reacted to

So it is nothing to do with the recession for me - I have already paid.

But I will not be doing so again until something changes. I cannot say what.

Don't leave us on tenterhooks - tell us what you want changing please.

Another article in the Ob on 13:51 - Dec 11 with 2659 viewsMoonyDale

Another article in the Ob on 13:50 - Dec 11 by judd

The guard?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Another article in the Ob on 13:57 - Dec 11 with 2639 viewsRicardo

Another article in the Ob on 13:50 - Dec 11 by judd

I would like to feel that team rochdale was back in play. And that people were not out to score points with each other so that everyone felt welcome.

That would be a start - notwithstanding the team performances (or lack thereof)

And feeling proud of a team that are doing their best to impress - rather that their best to be argumentative, spoiled, sulky brats. And a management team to be proud of

just a thought like
Login to get fewer ads

Another article in the Ob on 14:00 - Dec 11 with 2626 viewsjudd

Another article in the Ob on 13:57 - Dec 11 by Ricardo

I would like to feel that team rochdale was back in play. And that people were not out to score points with each other so that everyone felt welcome.

That would be a start - notwithstanding the team performances (or lack thereof)

And feeling proud of a team that are doing their best to impress - rather that their best to be argumentative, spoiled, sulky brats. And a management team to be proud of

just a thought like

I very much doubt that you are on your own with that thinking.

Another article in the Ob on 14:12 - Dec 11 with 2594 viewsRicardo

Another article in the Ob on 14:00 - Dec 11 by judd

I used to bring around 30 "outsiders" every year to Rochdale - because I was proud of supporting a club that I loved. More often than not neutral football fans and opposition fans.

I am no longer willing to do that and make excuses as I am ashamed of supporting the club given what it has become
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Another article in the Ob on 15:42 - Dec 11 with 2479 viewsDaleFan7

Seems like he is making excuses. The crowds would be better if he and the club could be arsed doing anything about it. Starting with the woeful performances at Spotland this season.

If the club seemingly can't be arsed then why should the fans pay £20 a week sometimes twice a week.
Another article in the Ob on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 2449 viewspioneer

Another article in the Ob on 15:42 - Dec 11 by DaleFan7

Seems like he is making excuses. The crowds would be better if he and the club could be arsed doing anything about it. Starting with the woeful performances at Spotland this season.

If the club seemingly can't be arsed then why should the fans pay £20 a week sometimes twice a week.

Got to agree with you there DaleFan7 - I havent seen the article but from what is reported on here it seems he does not want to acknowledge that the crap performances at home are affecting crowd numbers.

I suspect him failing to do so can only lead to further reductions arising from fans being disillusioned with his inactions re the manager, the team and the overall running of the club.

Reading JC's comments on Saturday's game it seems like he (JC) is delusional.
Another article in the Ob on 16:08 - Dec 11 with 2416 viewsDoris

Another article in the Ob on 13:40 - Dec 11 by TTNYear

Thats the only reason why i cant be arsed myself,not the football ,not the cash ,just the oh well thats yer lot .Problem is now we 4 have got out of the habit and no real matter anymore what is done the other 3 will never be back.
Another article in the Ob on 16:08 - Dec 11 with 2416 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Having a unhappy Fanbase isn't good for any Football Club surely every Chairman from North West Counties right upto Football League & Premier Franchise know that

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Another article in the Ob on 16:45 - Dec 11 with 2328 viewsphomem

Another article in the Ob on 14:12 - Dec 11 by Ricardo

I used to bring around 30 "outsiders" every year to Rochdale - because I was proud of supporting a club that I loved. More often than not neutral football fans and opposition fans.

I am no longer willing to do that and make excuses as I am ashamed of supporting the club given what it has become

Then don't come back go and support Oldham
Another article in the Ob on 16:45 - Dec 11 with 2329 views49thseason

These conversations remind me of a story recounted to me by a guy who worked in sales for a well known petfood company and was summoned to a meeting.

At the meeting the marketing director stood up and outlined the millions of pounds the company had spent on promoting a new cat food, the production team told the gathering about the wonderful ingredients, the veterinary dept told how it had extra vitamins. Then the sales director stood up and spoke about the slow take up of this new product and how the sales staff needed to pull their fingers out.

Eventually the Managing Director stood up and simply said " We have great advertising, extra vitamins, great ingredients so why aren't we selling more?"
There was an embarrassed silence in the room until a small voice piped up from the back...

"Because the fookin cats don't like it!"

Well Mr Dunphy ...the fans don't like it!
Another article in the Ob on 16:46 - Dec 11 with 2324 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Another article in the Ob on 16:45 - Dec 11 by phomem

Phomem not like you to be pushing away fellow fans

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Another article in the Ob on 16:48 - Dec 11 with 2313 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Another article in the Ob on 16:08 - Dec 11 by Doris

Thats the only reason why i cant be arsed myself,not the football ,not the cash ,just the oh well thats yer lot .Problem is now we 4 have got out of the habit and no real matter anymore what is done the other 3 will never be back.

Hey, that's nowt. You don't know the bloody half of it.

It used to be my club this. I remember in 1971 when the Pearl Street stand collapsed and I held it up so the game would continue. Just me, with an entire stand on my back. I was only four months old, but you did it for the club. As thanks, the Chairman gave me a bloomin good leathering. You don't get that personal touch these days

It used to be a community club this. I remember when my Gran came once and she ended up playing right-back for half a season. Made the club 4 groats when she was transferred to Leigh Pottage Makers.

Felatio, they've stopped that at half time now.

I tell you what, I used to bring 2,400 dwarves to every game. You couldn't see them behind the seats, but they were there. Not any more, no suree.

I remember when I glued myself to the louvre in Paris once to try and raise money for the club. I would have done as well if I would got some sponsorship.

But mostly it was the football. All them re-elections. Glorious. Having something to be genuinely fooking miserable about.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Another article in the Ob on 16:49 - Dec 11 with 2311 viewsSandyman

Another article in the Ob on 14:00 - Dec 11 by judd

He isn't. And that is why so many regulars, season ticket holders in numerous cases, are fed up and don't bother any more. Football at Spotland has been bad to watch bar a couple of games for a season and a half. Recent examples have been disgraceful. If that's what the Board are settling for, so be it. A vital percentage of paying customers clearly aren't.

If any business CBA trying to be good at what it does, why should customers bother? RAFC has no divine right to support. Apathy breeds apathy. And as in the example Doris mentioned, some lost fans might NEVER come back.

Another article in the Ob on 16:54 - Dec 11 with 2282 viewssweetcorn

Another article in the Ob on 16:48 - Dec 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Hey, that's nowt. You don't know the bloody half of it.

It used to be my club this. I remember in 1971 when the Pearl Street stand collapsed and I held it up so the game would continue. Just me, with an entire stand on my back. I was only four months old, but you did it for the club. As thanks, the Chairman gave me a bloomin good leathering. You don't get that personal touch these days

It used to be a community club this. I remember when my Gran came once and she ended up playing right-back for half a season. Made the club 4 groats when she was transferred to Leigh Pottage Makers.

Felatio, they've stopped that at half time now.

I tell you what, I used to bring 2,400 dwarves to every game. You couldn't see them behind the seats, but they were there. Not any more, no suree.

I remember when I glued myself to the louvre in Paris once to try and raise money for the club. I would have done as well if I would got some sponsorship.

But mostly it was the football. All them re-elections. Glorious. Having something to be genuinely fooking miserable about.

This post is truly amazing.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Another article in the Ob on 18:02 - Dec 11 with 2206 viewsphomem

Another article in the Ob on 16:46 - Dec 11 by DaleAwaydayBot

Phomem not like you to be pushing away fellow fans

If we actually got behind the club instead of bitching about it...
Another article in the Ob on 18:16 - Dec 11 with 2177 views442Dale

Another article in the Ob on 18:02 - Dec 11 by phomem

If we actually got behind the club instead of bitching about it...

But while some may be thinking in the extreme and the team are still challenging for the playoffs, we cannot afford to ignore this atmosphere that exists.

The statements today do little to allay any fears that we're heading forward in the right direction as a club.

Not professing to know what the answer is, but meadering on like this certainly isn't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another article in the Ob on 18:57 - Dec 11 with 2074 viewsTalkingSutty

Another article in the Ob on 16:45 - Dec 11 by phomem

What a statement to come out with !! Ricardo has put a lot of money into the club over the years (i know its been his choice) and he is one of the long sufferers.

I know he isnt everybodys cup of tea and is prone to the odd shed burst from time to time (arent we all) but there is no doubting his love for the club. We cant afford to lose fans like Ricardo (or any fan) and it saddens me to read his post.

He can be a bit eccentric at times can Ricardo but he's a good guy at heart and i would be sad to see him give up after nearly a lifetime of supporting the club.
Another article in the Ob on 19:58 - Dec 11 with 1977 viewsphomem

Another article in the Ob on 18:57 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

What a statement to come out with !! Ricardo has put a lot of money into the club over the years (i know its been his choice) and he is one of the long sufferers.

I know he isnt everybodys cup of tea and is prone to the odd shed burst from time to time (arent we all) but there is no doubting his love for the club. We cant afford to lose fans like Ricardo (or any fan) and it saddens me to read his post.

He can be a bit eccentric at times can Ricardo but he's a good guy at heart and i would be sad to see him give up after nearly a lifetime of supporting the club.

Fair comment
Another article in the Ob on 20:15 - Dec 11 with 1947 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

* He talks about the sales of Dawson and Buckley being key to us being able to compete in the division, and if we hadnt been for the fact that we have sold these players we would be running on empty.

Very worrying, especially as it seems that he cant be arsed to do anything about it!

Another two fingered salute to the fans, to go along with Garlics diary, Coleman's claptrap and Cav's tweet!

Glad its not like we pay their wages or owt!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024