Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnny Byrne memory 22:11 - Feb 12 with 2456 viewstheselector

Was anyone else lucky enough to witness Mr Byrne score a goal-line tap in during his injury comeback game then turn to the Loft and say "I'm back".

Must have been late 80s. Unfortunately he didn't hang around much longer.
Johnny Byrne memory on 22:21 - Feb 12 with 2433 viewsbosh67

Briefly brilliant.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johnny Byrne memory on 22:42 - Feb 12 with 2409 viewsdaveB

Johnny Byrne was my childhood hero, great player
Johnny Byrne memory on 23:10 - Feb 12 with 2378 viewsHollowayRanger

prefer the goal he scored v utd where back to goal he flicked the ball over his shoulder turned between two defenders and put it away for the winner ,think it was davenports debut for utd as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Johnny Byrne memory on 00:47 - Feb 13 with 2343 viewsNov77

Anyone remember a game at home to chelsea, he went on a mazy run, must have beaten seven or eight players, would have been the goal of all time, but with just the keeper to beat, he put it wide

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Johnny Byrne memory on 02:24 - Feb 13 with 2333 viewsAndyB

Johnny Byrne memory on 00:47 - Feb 13 by Nov77

Anyone remember a game at home to chelsea, he went on a mazy run, must have beaten seven or eight players, would have been the goal of all time, but with just the keeper to beat, he put it wide

That was the 6-0 wasn't it?
Johnny Byrne memory on 08:56 - Feb 13 with 2273 viewsHantsR

I liked our Johnny Byrne a lot and was so disappointed he couldn't follow up his performance in the 6-0 win against Chelsea in 1986 with something similar in the cup final at Wembley shortly after.

I can also remember the other Johnny (Budgie) Byrne playing against us for CP in 67/68. I think we won 2-1 and the Palarse fans near me (we weren't segregated then) were having a go at him when he obviously berated his team mates, "Shut up Budgie and watch your own!"
Johnny Byrne memory on 09:08 - Feb 13 with 2261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Johnny Byrne memory on 02:24 - Feb 13 by AndyB

Yes, I think so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Johnny Byrne memory on 09:18 - Feb 13 with 2256 viewsozexile

Johnny Byrne memory on 09:08 - Feb 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, I think so.

Didn't he get 2 that day? Rosenior 1 and Bannister 3.
Happy happy days.
Login to get fewer ads

Johnny Byrne memory on 09:23 - Feb 13 with 2255 viewsHantsR

Johnny Byrne memory on 02:24 - Feb 13 by AndyB

Enjoy!
Johnny Byrne memory on 10:00 - Feb 13 with 2236 viewspaulparker

loved Byrne & Bannister my first footballing heros as a boy
fav byrne moment for me was the goal against chelsea in the Milk Cup QTR final game at HQ , also seem to recall him scoring in my first away game against Watford in the same milk cup run as well, think Barnes missed a pen
our footballing number 10 's always seem to look the same at rangers, shirt out, mullet hair, suberb dribbling skills, ie Byrne, Bowles,Wegerle, Currie

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Johnny Byrne memory on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 2201 viewshamptonhillhoop

Johnny Byrne memory on 09:08 - Feb 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, I think so.

No. It was a 2 - 2 draw, Boxing Day 1984
Johnny Byrne memory on 11:42 - Feb 13 with 2193 viewsloftboy

I used to go to a lot of England games in the 80's, England v Eire 1985ish was Byrnes debut and also Linekers, I remember getting some real funny looks for cheering Byrne when he came on as a sub.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024