Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play off final - who are people supporting? 12:44 - May 18 with 8685 viewsStudiousDale

For me I suppose Bradford, for Jonah and feel they'll pose a bigger threat next season than Northampton. Also don't like hoofroyd.
Play off final - who are people supporting? (n/t) on 15:36 - May 18 with 2220 viewsSaxonDale

Bradford captain Gary Jones: "It's probably the best moment of my life, apart from the birth of my kids. We came out with a gameplan. We knew they were direct and we had to get it down and play. As you get older moments like this don't come around too often."

Really pleased for him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Play off final - who are people supporting? (n/t) on 15:44 - May 18 with 2168 viewssandylaner1

Play off final - who are people supporting? (n/t) on 15:36 - May 18 by SaxonDale

Bradford captain Gary Jones: "It's probably the best moment of my life, apart from the birth of my kids. We came out with a gameplan. We knew they were direct and we had to get it down and play. As you get older moments like this don't come around too often."

Really pleased for him.

Play off final - who are people supporting? (n/t) on 15:50 - May 18 with 2138 viewsolympicdale

Play off final - who are people supporting? (n/t) on 15:36 - May 18 by SaxonDale

Really pleased for him.

Didn't he say something similar when he went up with us, ooh how quick they forget

Life is a game of fate.

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:10 - May 18 with 2076 viewsboromat

Anyone else spot parkin nearly drop the cup? Priceless!

Absolutely chuffed for him though and the rest of the ex dale contingent especially Jonah!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:45 - May 18 with 2005 viewsTalkingSutty

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 15:13 - May 18 by IcelandDale

"As the game becomes more stretched, the presence of Gary Jones in the Bradford midfield becomes ever apparent. He has run the show today - the 35-year-old continues to be one of the best midfielders in League Two." BBC SPORT

Good on him! #twingeofpainandregret

Just think, Hilly and Flicker deemed Jonah only worthy of a one year contract due to his age, that was over two years ago. They where wrong.

Our best player has one poor season and we are in such a strong position as a club that we decide that we can let him go so he can get his mojo back at another club, only at Rochdale.

Jonah had enough credits in the bank to be excused a poor season (they all played crap that season), but a lot of people had very short memories. If he had a poor season at Bradford the doubters would have said it was right to get rid of him because of his age but now the story changes to " He needed a fresh challenge". Its a load of baloney, the bottom line is we got rid of our captain and legend and some supporters applauded the decision and held the front door open.

Jonah should still be at the club ready to start the season as Hillys number two.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:54 - May 18 with 1979 viewsoff2div1

Bit worried JK may be tempted to play in lg 1 for bratfort in front of a crowd.

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:56 - May 18 with 1976 viewsmightydale

I reckon Jason Kennedy will be off to bradford now they ve been promoted.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:00 - May 18 with 1964 viewsmacro

With the extra money Bradford will receive will they want bigger names than JK though?
Login to get fewer ads

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:06 - May 18 with 1960 views442Dale

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:45 - May 18 by TalkingSutty

Just think, Hilly and Flicker deemed Jonah only worthy of a one year contract due to his age, that was over two years ago. They where wrong.

Our best player has one poor season and we are in such a strong position as a club that we decide that we can let him go so he can get his mojo back at another club, only at Rochdale.

Jonah had enough credits in the bank to be excused a poor season (they all played crap that season), but a lot of people had very short memories. If he had a poor season at Bradford the doubters would have said it was right to get rid of him because of his age but now the story changes to " He needed a fresh challenge". Its a load of baloney, the bottom line is we got rid of our captain and legend and some supporters applauded the decision and held the front door open.

Jonah should still be at the club ready to start the season as Hillys number two.

And a year ago Hill was shown to be right for only offering a year. And I can't remember anyone applauding any decision, merely having an opinion based on the facts - an opinion backed up by this season's predictable resurgence in a Bradford side that has been crying out for an on pitch leader.

He shouldn't be still at Dale because the world doesn't work like that,(he certainly wasn't our best player) if he'd stayed he might not have been involved as much and his career may have petered out. We'll never know, but one thing we can be sure of is that Gary Jones is enjoying being at Bradford right now than he would be at Dale.

Maybe 9 pages.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:06 - May 18 with 1958 viewsTVOS1907

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:00 - May 18 by macro

With the extra money Bradford will receive will they want bigger names than JK though?

Like Anton Otulakowski?

Or Peter Rhoades-Brown?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:34 - May 18 with 1923 viewsdalenumber2

For goodness sake let him enjoy his time at Bradford now, I am sure Jones is glad he made the move. So many people on here stuck in the past.
Onwards and upwards and here's to a great season ahead.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:55 - May 18 with 1881 viewsD_Alien

Really pleased for Jonah, he deserves every bit of success wherever it occurs

It really is as simple as that, and any noises about leaving Dale are pretty irrelevant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:58 - May 18 with 1871 viewsmacro

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:06 - May 18 by TVOS1907

Like Anton Otulakowski?

Or Peter Rhoades-Brown?

I was thinking of
Gary Taylor-Fletcher or Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 18:06 - May 18 with 1850 viewsAtThePeake

To try and get off all the Jonah talk...

We only lost one of eight games against the teams that went up now.

Record against the promoted teams:

Played: 8
Won: 3 (Gills away, Bradford away, Rotherham away,
Drawn: 4 (Bradford Home, Gills Home, Vale Home and Away)
Lost: 1 (Rotherham Home)
Scored: 15
Conceded: 12.

(Just did that off the top of my head so may be wrong)

Tangled up in blue.

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 18:12 - May 18 with 1834 viewsfirgrovedale51

Excellent post, well said that man.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 18:34 - May 18 with 1750 viewsYadHoDale

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:58 - May 18 by macro

I was thinking of
Gary Taylor-Fletcher or Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

Troy Archibald-Henville? Big bloke as well as a big name.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 18:55 - May 18 with 1729 viewsnordenblue

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:06 - May 18 by 442Dale

And a year ago Hill was shown to be right for only offering a year. And I can't remember anyone applauding any decision, merely having an opinion based on the facts - an opinion backed up by this season's predictable resurgence in a Bradford side that has been crying out for an on pitch leader.

He shouldn't be still at Dale because the world doesn't work like that,(he certainly wasn't our best player) if he'd stayed he might not have been involved as much and his career may have petered out. We'll never know, but one thing we can be sure of is that Gary Jones is enjoying being at Bradford right now than he would be at Dale.

Maybe 9 pages.

Youre spot on but please don't post your opinion on here that may taint the god like figure that Jonah is round these parts,any chance we can bring up Barnsley im missing their daily thread,where's Whitey when you need him!!
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 19:33 - May 18 with 1691 viewsSwissdale

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 16:56 - May 18 by mightydale

I reckon Jason Kennedy will be off to bradford now they ve been promoted.

I'm afraid I think the exact same. Hill may have been enough of a factor to make him stay if Bradford had stayed down. With the offer of higher wages, bigger club and league one football, I can't see him staying at Spotland.

Hope I'm wrong, but we could lose two quality central midfielders this summer for nowt.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:23 - May 18 with 1624 viewsTalkingSutty

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 17:06 - May 18 by 442Dale

Maybe 9 pages.

Hilly was the same as some other Dale supporters at the time, the reason they cited Jonahs time was up was because he was deemed too old. Lets not try to distort the facts by pretending it was because he needed a fresh challenge !!

The old posts can all be regurgitated if needs be, only a few months earlier he was pulling up trees in league one so it was obvious there would still be plenty in the tank. He was playing in a very bad team and his game suffered because he was trying to put fires out all over the pitch, a blind man could see that.

The way some fans turned their back on him at the end was terrible, basically they trusted Colemans judgement. Getting rid of him so he could find himself again is just a cop out out for some people. Hilly didnt offer him a 2yr contract because of his age and we all know that. Its uncomfortable reading for some people but lets not distort the truth please.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:29 - May 18 with 1615 viewsjudd

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:23 - May 18 by TalkingSutty

Hilly was the same as some other Dale supporters at the time, the reason they cited Jonahs time was up was because he was deemed too old. Lets not try to distort the facts by pretending it was because he needed a fresh challenge !!

The old posts can all be regurgitated if needs be, only a few months earlier he was pulling up trees in league one so it was obvious there would still be plenty in the tank. He was playing in a very bad team and his game suffered because he was trying to put fires out all over the pitch, a blind man could see that.

The way some fans turned their back on him at the end was terrible, basically they trusted Colemans judgement. Getting rid of him so he could find himself again is just a cop out out for some people. Hilly didnt offer him a 2yr contract because of his age and we all know that. Its uncomfortable reading for some people but lets not distort the truth please.

That Hilly only offered one year doesn't mean he'd have offered a further year had Hill stayed.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:36 - May 18 with 1607 viewsroccydaleian

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:29 - May 18 by judd

That Hilly only offered one year doesn't mean he'd have offered a further year had Hill stayed.

Doe's it matter. What's done is done. Lets leave it all behind now. Here is to next season.
UP THE DALE.
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:39 - May 18 with 1603 viewsTalkingSutty

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:29 - May 18 by judd

But Hilly eulogises this week in an interview about his impact at the club, i find it hard to believe that he only offered him a one year deal because he thought he might need a new challenge at another club.

It was because of his age that he didnt get a 2 year deal, anyway we have the evergreen BBM in reserve now doubling up in a coaching role so Hilly must be right
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 23:01 - May 18 with 1580 views442Dale

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 22:23 - May 18 by TalkingSutty

His age wasn't my problem, it was that he'd become stale at the club. Not all his own fault as managers had left him in the side far too long.

Maybe Hill only offered a year because he thought that's all Jones deserved at that time? Maybe he wanted to review it after that year. We don't know that it was because of his age, unless there's an interview where Hill says so? Once he got two years after Eyre's arrival it looked a year too much. If we'd known he'd have played for Dale as he did for Bradford, he'd still be here, but it's all guesswork.

Fans didn't turn their back on him, but some judged him on his performances. That's fair enough.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 23:05 - May 18 with 1571 viewsTalkingSutty

Play off final - who are people supporting? on 23:01 - May 18 by 442Dale

His age wasn't my problem, it was that he'd become stale at the club. Not all his own fault as managers had left him in the side far too long.

Maybe Hill only offered a year because he thought that's all Jones deserved at that time? Maybe he wanted to review it after that year. We don't know that it was because of his age, unless there's an interview where Hill says so? Once he got two years after Eyre's arrival it looked a year too much. If we'd known he'd have played for Dale as he did for Bradford, he'd still be here, but it's all guesswork.

Fans didn't turn their back on him, but some judged him on his performances. That's fair enough.

After his previous season i think he deserved to be cut some slack. Anyway, you can probably guess it still riles me that he is no longer at the club. I need to move on
Play off final - who are people supporting? on 23:11 - May 18 with 1564 viewssandylaner1

I just hope at some point, he gets the testemonial he deserves
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024