Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murray's mint 21:10 - Jul 5 with 5116 viewscarrotcrunch_R

On the way too the final I reckon
Murray's mint on 21:11 - Jul 5 with 5109 viewsHollowayRanger

thats brave of you as he's the higher seed and 2-1 up

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Murray's mint on 21:13 - Jul 5 with 5100 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Murray's mint on 21:11 - Jul 5 by HollowayRanger

thats brave of you as he's the higher seed and 2-1 up

Ha ha safety in mind mind you he has lost 1st one in the third
Murray's mint on 21:17 - Jul 5 with 5091 viewsHollowayRanger

still think dork will take the crown have since draw ,only threat in his half was del porto

should be a great final mind

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Murray's mint on 21:18 - Jul 5 with 5087 viewsQPRDave

shame ...abm
Murray's mint on 21:24 - Jul 5 with 5078 viewsNorthLondonR

I hope not I was kind of indifferent to the whole thing until I saw that fat cnt off the telly with his contrived "come on Andy" yell... Love the stand to collapse underneath him crushing that detestable media no mark Pippa "plums in her mouth (oo er) Middleton in the process.

This is certainly a case schadenfreude for me, much in the same way as those egg chasing bandwagon jumping Lions "supporting" individuals who despite proclaiming their devotion to England, Wales etc suddenly decide that we should forget all that and support a team that undermines everything that they apparently believed in the rest of the 4 years. Plus rugby is boring with rules that the referees don't even seem to understand.

But I am only a football supporting simpleton.
Murray's mint on 21:26 - Jul 5 with 5069 viewsMrNITK

He'll win the final as well.
Murray's mint on 22:55 - Jul 5 with 4976 viewsbosh67

Andy is playing superbly. Probably well enough to win if it wasn't for Novak being virtually unplayable. Del Potro would have beaten any other player on the planet today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Murray's mint on 23:48 - Jul 5 with 4934 viewscalders

Can't stand him, hope he gets done in the final.
Login to get fewer ads

Murray's mint on 04:47 - Jul 6 with 4897 viewstimcocking

Come on Andy!
Murray's mint on 13:15 - Jul 6 with 4831 viewskropotkin41

Apart from the fact that outside of one or two pretty women players I honestly can't raise any enthusiasm for tennis............ Murray's a Scot, he doesn't seem to like England or the English very much. I don't understand why he causes so much "mania".

Fingers crossed that enough Scots have the bottle to vote for independence next year and then we can be clear about it, Murray's as much of a foreigner as whoever it is he's going to play in the final.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Murray's mint on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 4781 viewskarl

Murray's mint on 13:15 - Jul 6 by kropotkin41

Apart from the fact that outside of one or two pretty women players I honestly can't raise any enthusiasm for tennis............ Murray's a Scot, he doesn't seem to like England or the English very much. I don't understand why he causes so much "mania".

Fingers crossed that enough Scots have the bottle to vote for independence next year and then we can be clear about it, Murray's as much of a foreigner as whoever it is he's going to play in the final.

Xenophobia and anarchy? Seems to make a bitter solution
Murray's mint on 20:49 - Jul 6 with 4777 viewsHollowayRanger

even the BBC called last nights match another quality scottish drama on the BBC

Listen to the band play!

Murray's mint on 20:57 - Jul 6 with 4773 viewskarl

Murray's mint on 20:49 - Jul 6 by HollowayRanger

even the BBC called last nights match another quality scottish drama on the BBC

Perhaps we'll need a 'muurrderr' for Murray to win?
Murray's mint on 21:00 - Jul 6 with 4771 viewskropotkin41

Murray's mint on 20:40 - Jul 6 by karl

Xenophobia and anarchy? Seems to make a bitter solution

I'm not xenophobic, mate. I have absolutely nothing against Scotland or the Scottish. I understand that Murray is the one who has made his national sympathies quite clear.

Stating that he's not from the same country as me doesn't make me a xenophobe and certainly doesn't contradict my political beliefs. As it happens I couldn't give a flying f*ck who wins Wimbledon and I don't understand why non-Scottish people would get so excited about Murray (I don't understand why Scots would either tbh).

It seems to me that Scottish people who say that an athlete is Scottish until he/she wins something at which point they become British are pretty much spot on. Well Scotland can keep its athletes as far as I'm concerned, winners or not, in fact it can keep everything and preferably take its independence next year as well. None of this means I don't like Scottish people or Scotland, neither does it make me a xenophobe.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Murray's mint on 21:10 - Jul 6 with 4766 viewskarl

Murray's mint on 21:00 - Jul 6 by kropotkin41

I'm not xenophobic, mate. I have absolutely nothing against Scotland or the Scottish. I understand that Murray is the one who has made his national sympathies quite clear.

Stating that he's not from the same country as me doesn't make me a xenophobe and certainly doesn't contradict my political beliefs. As it happens I couldn't give a flying f*ck who wins Wimbledon and I don't understand why non-Scottish people would get so excited about Murray (I don't understand why Scots would either tbh).

It seems to me that Scottish people who say that an athlete is Scottish until he/she wins something at which point they become British are pretty much spot on. Well Scotland can keep its athletes as far as I'm concerned, winners or not, in fact it can keep everything and preferably take its independence next year as well. None of this means I don't like Scottish people or Scotland, neither does it make me a xenophobe.

Haha no worries, bit worked up to not care about Scotland?

It isn't football so possibly not relevant on this board but as Scotland has so few sporting greats then I think it is perfectly acceptable that he is held up as an icon/hero etc. to Scots, who else do we have to hold up to our kids and declare that he is a true champion?
AFAIK he is clean living, modest and a great sportsman and to cap it all he is Scottish and a Hibbee, my kids love him and quite right too
Murray's mint on 21:16 - Jul 6 with 4755 viewsloftboy

WELL the last brit to win was 1933 i believe so for one i wont be passing the chance to see it happen again, obviously if he loses then hes a useless scottish prick but thats human nature.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Murray's mint on 21:30 - Jul 6 with 4749 viewskarl

Murray's mint on 21:16 - Jul 6 by loftboy

WELL the last brit to win was 1933 i believe so for one i wont be passing the chance to see it happen again, obviously if he loses then hes a useless scottish prick but thats human nature.

Well after losing our World Champion status for Elephant Polo to Switzerland, Murray had better get his finger out, biggest consumer of Buckfast Tonic Wine doesn't quite have the same ring to it
Murray's mint on 21:43 - Jul 6 with 4741 viewsRosieG

Tennis is very very boring, looking forward to the Ashes myself.
Murray's mint on 22:10 - Jul 6 with 4723 viewsDieByYourSide

He made one tongue in cheek comment as a kid which the media latched onto. He clearly loves playing at Wimbledon and it'd mean everything for him to win it, I'll be shocked if you see another British player as good as him in your lifetime so why not put all petty reasons aside and back him? Anyone who begrudges him winning it is a bit sad in my opinion..

Poll: And it's hi ho

Murray's mint on 22:18 - Jul 6 with 4720 viewsRosieG

Murray's mint on 22:10 - Jul 6 by DieByYourSide

He made one tongue in cheek comment as a kid which the media latched onto. He clearly loves playing at Wimbledon and it'd mean everything for him to win it, I'll be shocked if you see another British player as good as him in your lifetime so why not put all petty reasons aside and back him? Anyone who begrudges him winning it is a bit sad in my opinion..

Wimbledon has not been mentioned once in my presence this summer, let alone some treacherous sweaty's involvement.

Falling by the wayside of national sporting events.
Murray's mint on 09:47 - Jul 7 with 4667 viewspomanjou

Murray's mint on 21:00 - Jul 6 by kropotkin41

Very pragmatic. Me too.

He's grown up a lot from the pimply teen he was and I'd like to see Murray win today (Lovely sunny day, stock markets will rise, feelgood factor will last for a week) but I fancy that Djoco will have a bit too much all round for him.

I reckon it will be a cracker.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Murray's mint on 11:07 - Jul 7 with 4644 viewsDieByYourSide

If you've got a spare hour - interesting stuff. Come on Andy!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Murray's mint on 11:16 - Jul 7 with 4641 viewsHayesender

First all Scottish Wimbledon final today.

Murray v Jock Ovic

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Murray's mint on 08:44 - Jul 8 with 4590 viewsqprmick

Murray's mint on 11:16 - Jul 7 by Hayesender

First all Scottish Wimbledon final today.

Murray v Jock Ovic

Like it

Qprmick

Murray's mint on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 4573 viewsTonto

Murray's mint on 22:10 - Jul 6 by DieByYourSide

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I'm not sure if some people are just joking or actually beleive this Scottish/British thing. The trouble is I fear what started out as a joke is now becomeing a belief. Chris Hoy is Scottish, but he's allowed to be a hero. Rory McIlroy is from Northern Ireland, but his Major achievements haven't has the same vitriol. joe Calzhage (sp?) is Welsh.

but when it comes to Andy Murray, who made some joke taken out of context almost 10 years ago and its "sweatty", or "not supporting him". yet us English would take exception if one of the other nations tries to belittle an English sporting hero.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024