Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good are we? 13:15 - Oct 6 with 6709 viewsSnipper

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Seeing as we haven't played a team in the current top 10 in the Championship, just how good are we? How will we fare when we get tested?

At least we're not dropping too many points vs the lesser teams.
How good are we? on 12:09 - Oct 7 with 1530 viewsdaveB

How good are we? on 11:54 - Oct 7 by essextaxiboy

Its a miles better team than the promotion one was.

We got promoted by one player Taraabt . he dominated almost every team scoring and assisting .

The promotion although hugely enjoyable was built on sand , we needed almost a whole team and we all know the rest.

Who of the team that turned out on Sat could not play in the Prem , maybe Clint ? . Who knows about Austin ? apart from that all of them IMO

Taarabt was the difference that year but it was still a good team around him, pretty similar to this one really. It's stupid to dismiss the contributions Kenny, Hill, Gorkss, Routledge, Faurlin, Derry and Helguson made.

Hard to tell if this one is any better until we play the other contenders, that year we went up I think Norwich were the only team in the top 6 who beat us
How good are we? on 13:07 - Oct 7 with 1495 viewsLoft1979

How good are we? on 10:38 - Oct 7 by jonno

I'd agree with that but I think we have easily the strongest squad in the division and therefore have the most ability to cope with the inevitable injuries/suspensions etc. My only real worry - given average luck with injuries - would be Austin being unavailable. I don't think we have anyone else who can play the lone striker role really.

????
Which team in this division has had more injuries????
Matt Phillips
JR Hoilett
Andy Johnson
Nedum
Zamora

...Dunne was not fit at the start, Ale is just getting back to fitness, Nico is still not fit, Clint is on bum knees. We were running one fit striker out there. ...

- If Austin sat, Crunchy would be up top or Hitch or whovever. Or we could play a 6 man midfield. ...not worried.....as long as the defense holds.
How good are we? on 14:24 - Oct 7 with 1462 viewsSydneyRs

I can understand how the Hughes era has scarred us but come on! 700+ minutes without conceding a goal doesn't just happen, to any team, in any division. We are solid as a rock at the back and getting better up front. As has been mentioned we already have had plenty of injuries. How do you think high flying Burnley would cope with the sort of injuries we have had. Hoilett, Phillips, Johnson, Zamora, Onouha. Not very well imho.

We are currently on target for about 115 points. Obviously that won't happen but god do we know how to be pessimistic. We could lose the next 3 games and still be on 2 points per match, ridiculous. And we are still in second gear with a side still getting to know each other.

Apparently we have no improvement left while all the other contenders will only get better, right?
How good are we? on 14:46 - Oct 7 with 1444 viewsessextaxiboy

How good are we? on 12:09 - Oct 7 by daveB

Taarabt was the difference that year but it was still a good team around him, pretty similar to this one really. It's stupid to dismiss the contributions Kenny, Hill, Gorkss, Routledge, Faurlin, Derry and Helguson made.

Hard to tell if this one is any better until we play the other contenders, that year we went up I think Norwich were the only team in the top 6 who beat us

I didnt dismiss the contribution made by the others but we would have been miles off the top without Taarabt . I was never his greatest fan but he was too good for this Div .
[Post edited 7 Oct 2013 14:47]
How good are we? on 14:47 - Oct 7 with 1442 viewsPinnerPaul

How good are we? on 14:24 - Oct 7 by SydneyRs

I can understand how the Hughes era has scarred us but come on! 700+ minutes without conceding a goal doesn't just happen, to any team, in any division. We are solid as a rock at the back and getting better up front. As has been mentioned we already have had plenty of injuries. How do you think high flying Burnley would cope with the sort of injuries we have had. Hoilett, Phillips, Johnson, Zamora, Onouha. Not very well imho.

We are currently on target for about 115 points. Obviously that won't happen but god do we know how to be pessimistic. We could lose the next 3 games and still be on 2 points per match, ridiculous. And we are still in second gear with a side still getting to know each other.

Apparently we have no improvement left while all the other contenders will only get better, right?

Spot on!

You can guarantee if we were in Burnley's position, we'd be worrying about how good we were!

If that make sense!
How good are we? on 15:08 - Oct 7 with 1420 viewskingo

All the other teams knew we had the best squad by far on paper, but they all hoped that it would not gel on the pitch. Well it has gelled well enough, especially in defence for us to win games and on the evidence of the last two matches, it is now gelling in midfield. I fully expect it to improve up front too and when that happens then we will really start to frighten other teams.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

How good are we? on 15:22 - Oct 7 with 1395 viewskensalriser

Keep on seeing this 'joint top' thing. But only when we're second, not top.

(No such thing as joint top, of course, unless the only thing separating teams is alphabetical order).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How good are we? on 15:40 - Oct 7 with 1373 viewsJonDoeman

Why worry about Harry?

07/10/2013

0 Comments

Picture
UNTESTED ... Harry Redknapp and QPR.

QPR, they look good don't they? Harry Redknapp's got a team of experienced campaigners who are carving out victories whether they play well or not.

It's the mark of a side that look like champions and that they might run away with this league. Certainly, some Watford fans are concerned, what with there only being two automatic promotion spots.

But QPR's position flatters to deceive, they've had the easiest start to the season of all the top Championship sides. They haven't played Wigan, Forest, Reading, Burnley, Blackpool or "the best footballing side in the league" as Huddersfield winger Adam Hammill described Watford......cont

http://hornetshome.weebly.com/1/post/2013/10/why-worry-about-harry.html

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

How good are we? on 16:14 - Oct 7 with 1345 viewsTheBlob

Ladbrokes regard Even money to be a bargain.....that's how good they see us...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/championship/ladbrokes-offering-amazing

Poll: So how was the season for you?

How good are we? on 16:21 - Oct 7 with 1333 viewsQPRDave

How good are we? on 15:40 - Oct 7 by JonDoeman

Why worry about Harry?

07/10/2013

0 Comments

Picture
UNTESTED ... Harry Redknapp and QPR.

QPR, they look good don't they? Harry Redknapp's got a team of experienced campaigners who are carving out victories whether they play well or not.

It's the mark of a side that look like champions and that they might run away with this league. Certainly, some Watford fans are concerned, what with there only being two automatic promotion spots.

But QPR's position flatters to deceive, they've had the easiest start to the season of all the top Championship sides. They haven't played Wigan, Forest, Reading, Burnley, Blackpool or "the best footballing side in the league" as Huddersfield winger Adam Hammill described Watford......cont

http://hornetshome.weebly.com/1/post/2013/10/why-worry-about-harry.html

Our position flatters to deceive????

Yeah ok .....
How good are we? on 16:25 - Oct 7 with 1328 viewsVancouverHoop

When other teams supporters start saying things like "but they haven't played anybody good yet" it's a sure sign they're worried about us. The subtext reads "I hope someone can beat them because sure as f**k I don't think we will!"
How good are we? on 01:20 - Oct 8 with 1248 viewsDylanP

How good are we? on 16:25 - Oct 7 by VancouverHoop

When other teams supporters start saying things like "but they haven't played anybody good yet" it's a sure sign they're worried about us. The subtext reads "I hope someone can beat them because sure as f**k I don't think we will!"

Agreed. Also, at the start of the season Leeds would have been considered one of the top sides. Then we beat them and crushed their spirits and now they are just hoping to manage mid-table mediocrity!!!

While I am joking a bit, I am also serious a bit. All but 2 of the sides we have played have lost. So they have dropped 3 points. So they are less likely to be in the top 6. Its as simple as that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

How good are we? on 11:03 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewsPinnerPaul

How good are we? on 16:21 - Oct 7 by QPRDave

Our position flatters to deceive????

Yeah ok .....

Watford fan iIknow tells me they play like they have to score 3 to make sure they win, such is the state of their defence/the way they play.

Hard to see Richard Dunne falling apart once he comes up against someone slightly better than he has met so far!
How good are we? on 11:44 - Oct 8 with 1158 viewsadhoc_qpr

How good are we? on 16:14 - Oct 7 by TheBlob

Ladbrokes regard Even money to be a bargain.....that's how good they see us...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/championship/ladbrokes-offering-amazing

This is brilliant stuff - incredibly one eyed!

We aren't all that because we haven't beaten anyone good?

But Watford who have played 5 of the top 10 are good - despite a record of 1 win (Bournemouth), 2 draws and 2 losses - and they haven't played any of the top 3 (Burnley, us and Leicester) either!

And incidentally 3 points separates 9th - 17th so maybe some of the teams we've beaten would be top 10 if they hadn't played us!

For the record i actually do rate Watford, but he's still deluded.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024