Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something else to be concerned about... 09:35 - Oct 9 with 20839 viewsperchrockjack

PLAYERS CROSSING THEMSELVES.
Is it because they re Catholics but then not all do it.
It seems like a fashion thing to me as the Brazilians,Argies,Italians,Spaniards all seem keen to cross themselves pick up some grass and kiss it.
Some cross themselves after the game but not all .
Ive noted Dyer doing it and other players who ve had crap games so it obviously doesn't work.
It might also be offensive to MUSLIMS

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:39 - Oct 9 with 7279 viewsItchySphincter

Who cares? If they do it and they're not Catholic, they're stupid. If it offends Mulslims, they're stupid too. Stupid people like being offended.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:40 - Oct 9 with 7271 viewsBrynmill_Jack

After watching the Southampton game I have hope they could cross the ball nevermind themselves

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 7233 viewsperchrockjack

I was lying in bed this morning and wondering how I could stimulate an interesting exchange.
Maybe the druggies will contribute later
ar oes heddwch

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:52 - Oct 9 with 7224 viewsItchySphincter

I suppose it would be interesting, in a trivial way, to find out why Dyer does it.

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 7202 viewsperchrockjack

Yes it would.
Just as well the omnipotent BECKHAM didn't do it as we d be having Requiem Mass on the centre circle instead of a group cuddle.
What about JEWISH players too

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:55 - Oct 9 with 7125 viewsSwanzay

During my teens and twenties we used to play footie on the fields in Olchfa school every Sunday against a team of middle eastern lads (Great bunch), who at half time would get their pray mats out onto the pitch, turn to face East and start praying, every half time.
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:10 - Oct 9 with 7104 viewsperchrockjack

I sed to play on the fields before that school was built.
Which way were the pitches facing

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:17 - Oct 9 with 7086 viewsItchySphincter

Toward Mecca by the sound of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:18 - Oct 9 with 7081 viewsscottishjack

I remember the reaction when Rangers signed Basil Boli...he was a catholic (And Black, although Mark Walters had done a lot of good at the place for black players by then), so there were murmurs from the less enlightened idiots before he'd even kicked a ball.

Walked out for his first appearance, crossed himself and the place went into meltdown.

Bigoted f**king clowns.

(Turned out that he wasn't very good anyway, but that's beside the point)
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:49 - Oct 9 with 7020 viewsshingle

Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them.
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:57 - Oct 9 with 6997 viewsCatullus

I rally don't care what religion, if any, any footballer is. All I care about is that when they are at our club they do their best.
I don't see religion in football as something to be worried about. As long as they tolerate each other and don't start holy wars in the centre circle!!
And your last line Perch, about being offensive to Muslims, I'm sure Peter Herbert will be along soon with another show of faux offence on behalf of somebody else.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:05 - Oct 9 with 6970 viewscaerleon_jack

Sorry, but why do we need to be concerned? If a player wants to cross himself, why is that a problem to you? It (ultimately) makes no difference to how they perform, it may even give them a slight psychological placebo effect and improve their performance because they think God is looking out for them. But I fail to see why we need to be concerned?

Now, if they were Sikh and insisted on carrying their ceremonial sword whilst playing, that would be a concern...

Insert something witty here

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 6909 viewsperchrockjack

We are not concerned which should have been obvious by the resp[onses.
I can only apologise for misleading people again
and yes its burning hell for me

Something else to be concerned about... on 01:39 - Oct 10 with 6632 viewsSwanfan1

I always roll my eyes whenever they do the superstitious thing,
but they football players, they probably thinking Jesus wants me to play better, oh well anything to make them play better.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Something else to be concerned about... on 02:36 - Oct 10 with 6621 viewsDavillin

Something else to be concerned about... on 01:39 - Oct 10 by Swanfan1

I always roll my eyes whenever they do the superstitious thing,
but they football players, they probably thinking Jesus wants me to play better, oh well anything to make them play better.

"the superstitious thing" among athletes, including professional athletes, is rampant in every sport. If it makes them happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, I'm O.K. with it.

That said, how many Swansea supporters have something that they always do, or never do, in connection with a game, like wearing the same socks, or carrying a cigarette card of Harry Hero from the 1931 Swans?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:57 - Oct 10 with 6482 viewsperchrockjack

I carry a pack of the same sweets (candy) me dad used to buy for me before a game.
Then ,I normally look around at what knobs might be near me or would want to engage in conversation. Its always the nutter that stands/sits near me and I always seem to get irritated.
I do miss my granddad who in the old days would stand on his doorstep in Fleet st asking everyfecker, "lost again did they"...
HAPPY DAYS

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:13 - Oct 10 with 6461 viewsSenhin

Why is this 'something to be concerned about?'

Are you one of them Muslim folk offended by it then?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:20 - Oct 10 with 6434 viewsCatullus

Something else to be concerned about... on 02:36 - Oct 10 by Davillin

"the superstitious thing" among athletes, including professional athletes, is rampant in every sport. If it makes them happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, I'm O.K. with it.

That said, how many Swansea supporters have something that they always do, or never do, in connection with a game, like wearing the same socks, or carrying a cigarette card of Harry Hero from the 1931 Swans?

I don't have any superstitions, not around football anyway. I have a routine but I have no silly ideas that it can affect the result. It's just, because of personal circumstances, there are things I need to do before I can leave the house!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:22 - Oct 10 with 6427 viewsperchrockjack

Its not as Ive mentioned before ;a bit of lighthearted relief but one nevertheless that is interesting to see.
Don't see cricketers doing it nor in many/most other sports.

Id certainly consider it if I were a rugby player or a Formula 1 driver.

Muslim?. ME ?

oH MY Lordy Lord

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:31 - Oct 10 with 6398 viewsrazorjack

Football is a religion

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:38 - Oct 10 with 6380 viewsWarwickHunt

Cracks me up when the dull c*nts score and look up to the sky and point.

If there is a god ( and the odds are pretty f*cking slim) I'm sure he's got better things to do then help some overpaid tw@t squeeze one inside the 'keeper's near post on a wet Monday night in West F*cking Bromwich.

Yer late, lamented mam/dad/brother/pet cocker spaniel aren't up there either so don't point you silly c*nt, they can't f*cking see you.
Something else to be concerned about... on 10:55 - Oct 10 with 6340 viewsperchrockjack

It may its done for effect.
Suarez has tattoes of his kids on his wrists so he kisses them when he scores. We re all going to burning hell then.

Warwick is dead right and Im right behind him

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:58 - Oct 10 with 6331 viewsCatullus

Smack on, we have famine, disease and war and some thick footballer thinks god cares about a goal!!
And, if there is a god and he does care, which team does he support??? I mean, he'd be bound to be a jack!!!!!!!! So why aren't Bony and Michu pointing to the sky and scoring a hat trick each every match?
As the Floyd said, we don't need no......

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:05 - Oct 10 with 6317 viewsduckling

It's their decission, make rules against short actions like these and you'd get less happy players.
All you can do is grant them a limited timed to do this(no ½ hour prayer before walking the pitch etc.)

Works how it is today
Something else to be concerned about... on 16:09 - Oct 10 with 6221 viewsDavillin

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:20 - Oct 10 by Catullus

I don't have any superstitions, not around football anyway. I have a routine but I have no silly ideas that it can affect the result. It's just, because of personal circumstances, there are things I need to do before I can leave the house!

One man's "routine"is another man's "superstition." But bless you for trying!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024