Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something else to be concerned about... 09:35 - Oct 9 with 21174 viewsperchrockjack

PLAYERS CROSSING THEMSELVES.
Is it because they re Catholics but then not all do it.
It seems like a fashion thing to me as the Brazilians,Argies,Italians,Spaniards all seem keen to cross themselves pick up some grass and kiss it.
Some cross themselves after the game but not all .
Ive noted Dyer doing it and other players who ve had crap games so it obviously doesn't work.
It might also be offensive to MUSLIMS

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 17:15 - Oct 10 with 1774 viewsGlyn1

I've never heard of any Muslim being offended by people crossing themselves. Anyway, Jesus is a holy figure in Islam.

It's a bit like banning people from wearing crucifixes because other faiths might be upset but with absolutely no evidence at all.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship the same God.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Something else to be concerned about... on 17:55 - Oct 10 with 1754 viewsOldjack

The only crosses that concern me are the ones whipped in by our wingers ,the rest is a load of old tosh

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:05 - Oct 10 with 1745 viewsKingBony

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:38 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

Cracks me up when the dull c*nts score and look up to the sky and point.

If there is a god ( and the odds are pretty f*cking slim) I'm sure he's got better things to do then help some overpaid tw@t squeeze one inside the 'keeper's near post on a wet Monday night in West F*cking Bromwich.

Yer late, lamented mam/dad/brother/pet cocker spaniel aren't up there either so don't point you silly c*nt, they can't f*cking see you.

Tw@t

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:41 - Oct 10 with 1730 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 17:15 - Oct 10 by Glyn1

I've never heard of any Muslim being offended by people crossing themselves. Anyway, Jesus is a holy figure in Islam.

It's a bit like banning people from wearing crucifixes because other faiths might be upset but with absolutely no evidence at all.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship the same God.

Which one of the Gods do they worship.
Something else to be concerned about... on 18:45 - Oct 10 with 1722 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:05 - Oct 10 by KingBony

Tw@t

Are you calling him a tw@t for his language, the rest of the post seems quite logical although a little aggressive.
Something else to be concerned about... on 19:00 - Oct 10 with 1710 viewsKingBony

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:45 - Oct 10 by shingle

Are you calling him a tw@t for his language, the rest of the post seems quite logical although a little aggressive.

What people choose to believe or not is not down to that pompous tw@t if someone wants to point to the sky to personally show respect or whatever to their dead family members then crack on.

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:09 - Oct 10 with 1700 viewsmonmouth

If there is a god ( and the odds are pretty f*cking slim) I'm sure he's got better things to do then help some overpaid tw@t squeeze one inside the 'keeper's near post on a wet Monday night in West F*cking Bromwich.

Yer late, lamented mam/dad/brother/pet cocker spaniel aren't up there either so don't point you silly c*nt, they can't f*cking see you.

I was thinking exactly this the other day and wondering how self-obsessed you have to be to think that an omnipotent being, should such a ludicrous concept exist, gives a s**t about a little tosser kicking a bag of air. All started by Fat Lampoo wasn't it? Then of course they all follow the leader like the brain dead retarded sheep they are.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:21 - Oct 10 with 1694 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:00 - Oct 10 by KingBony

What people choose to believe or not is not down to that pompous tw@t if someone wants to point to the sky to personally show respect or whatever to their dead family members then crack on.

They can believe the moon is made of f*cking cheese if they like - makes no odds to me other than making me laugh.

Read the post again, dull c*nt.
Login to get fewer ads

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:35 - Oct 10 with 1675 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:00 - Oct 10 by KingBony

Fair enough, they can do what they want within reason i suppose, but i really find it hard to grasp the mindset of people who really think they are talking to dead relatives or to some God upstairs, after all we are in the 21st century now.
Something else to be concerned about... on 19:31 - Oct 11 with 1617 viewsKingBony

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:35 - Oct 10 by shingle

Fair enough, they can do what they want within reason i suppose, but i really find it hard to grasp the mindset of people who really think they are talking to dead relatives or to some God upstairs, after all we are in the 21st century now.

Not sure what the 21st century has got to do with it mate, people just believe what they believe. I can see what you're saying but I just can't stand that opinionated Twonk who thinks everyone should listen and agree with his drivel.
He truly is a knobber of the highest order.

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:41 - Oct 11 with 1607 viewsFlashberryjack

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:49 - Oct 9 by shingle

Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them.

Yeah! cause scientists ase always right aren't they ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:56 - Oct 11 with 1601 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:41 - Oct 11 by Flashberryjack

Yeah! cause scientists ase always right aren't they ?

No there not but if it were not for Science, many families would not have loved ones still with them, Science is based on evidence it strives to find things out, and to find cures for illnesses,etc.
Something else to be concerned about... on 22:55 - Oct 11 with 1583 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:56 - Oct 11 by shingle

No there not but if it were not for Science, many families would not have loved ones still with them, Science is based on evidence it strives to find things out, and to find cures for illnesses,etc.

Given the response was to the following.....

"Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them"

Think it is not disputing the good science does but making the point that if you believe everything emanating from science you are not one of the most logical thinkers either. Totally incorrect things were taught in schools for years in science (for e.g in relation to oxygenation of blood) and I think there is little doubt that quite a number of things we strongly believe in science today will be proved to be incorrect (just as many things have in the past).

To call religion rubbish might show a lack of a rigorous approach to fact, unless they have empirical evidence of which I am unaware which disproves the existence of every possible representation of some other plane of being.

In science it is much easier to prove something than to disprove it. Not too many years ago space travel would have seemed impossible to our logical minds (science at the time would tell us man cannot fly). The most enlightened thing is surely to have an open mind and not rubbish what you cannot prove to be untrue as we will surely continue to find in the future that many of our current preconceptions were naive and limiting.
Something else to be concerned about... on 09:51 - Oct 12 with 1551 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:31 - Oct 11 by KingBony

Not sure what the 21st century has got to do with it mate, people just believe what they believe. I can see what you're saying but I just can't stand that opinionated Twonk who thinks everyone should listen and agree with his drivel.
He truly is a knobber of the highest order.

Arf.
Where do I say people have to agree with me?

It's a f*cking forum, you dopey c*nt.
Something else to be concerned about... on 10:41 - Oct 12 with 1536 viewsDr_Winston

Religious people suffer from a very mild form of mental illness that can occasionally manifest itself in more severe forms depending upon the IQ of the sufferer.

You generally tend to find that the cleverer religious types are happy to live and let live, whilst the deeply stupid ones end up self-detonating or protesting outside Chubby Brown gigs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:48 - Oct 12 with 1380 viewsperchrockjack

as being one brought up in a very religious background now I see it for what it is. All religions is a comfort for us to believe that when we die we go somewhere better.
We d all be better off if we lived this life with that in mind and treat each other better.
Its gone o far too long now and past a joke.

I really shoudnt started off this thread. I ll see you in hell Dr .I ll be with the Robinson clan in the corner of the furnace

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:52 - Oct 12 with 1373 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:35 - Oct 12 with 1361 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:55 - Oct 11 by Spratty

Given the response was to the following.....

"Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them"

Think it is not disputing the good science does but making the point that if you believe everything emanating from science you are not one of the most logical thinkers either. Totally incorrect things were taught in schools for years in science (for e.g in relation to oxygenation of blood) and I think there is little doubt that quite a number of things we strongly believe in science today will be proved to be incorrect (just as many things have in the past).

To call religion rubbish might show a lack of a rigorous approach to fact, unless they have empirical evidence of which I am unaware which disproves the existence of every possible representation of some other plane of being.

In science it is much easier to prove something than to disprove it. Not too many years ago space travel would have seemed impossible to our logical minds (science at the time would tell us man cannot fly). The most enlightened thing is surely to have an open mind and not rubbish what you cannot prove to be untrue as we will surely continue to find in the future that many of our current preconceptions were naive and limiting.

Mate, you are going to die, you will then be put in the ground or burned to a cinder, you will be dead and will know nothing, you are not going to float off to a better place etc, enjoy life and stop wasting your time trying to rationalize believing such absolute Rubbish, man up and accept reality, anyway if this creator did exsist just think of all the terrible things it has created, you had better hope that the creator is not up there waiting to get it`s hands on you.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 11:36]
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:43 - Oct 12 with 1351 viewsmonmouth

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:35 - Oct 12 by shingle

Mate, you are going to die, you will then be put in the ground or burned to a cinder, you will be dead and will know nothing, you are not going to float off to a better place etc, enjoy life and stop wasting your time trying to rationalize believing such absolute Rubbish, man up and accept reality, anyway if this creator did exsist just think of all the terrible things it has created, you had better hope that the creator is not up there waiting to get it`s hands on you.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 11:36]

Indeed. You will just go back to where "you" were before you were born. How precious do people have to be to think there's a unique 'them' that endures. It's pretty clear from the brain research literature that we are just cells and chemicals and the 'you' that you think you are can be changed in a second as proved by brain injuries which have turned previously 'normal' people into paedohiles, violent loons and murderers. There is no 'you' that isn't a chemical accident. So, enjoy the moment. There is no better place for you and as the good Doc Winny said, believing so is a mental illness or a sign of utter desperation.

NB Other views are available.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:12 - Oct 12 with 1335 viewsDrizzy

Have to laugh at Warra C*nt parroting his old posts from the previous iteration PlanetSwans.

Shame this thread turned out the way it did.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:49 - Oct 12 with 1325 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:12 - Oct 12 by Drizzy

Have to laugh at Warra C*nt parroting his old posts from the previous iteration PlanetSwans.

Shame this thread turned out the way it did.

I'm touched that you remembered.

Seriously, how did you think this thread would turn out?
Something else to be concerned about... on 12:51 - Oct 12 with 1321 viewsDrizzy

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:49 - Oct 12 by WarwickHunt

I'm touched that you remembered.

Seriously, how did you think this thread would turn out?

With more emphasis on the apparently offended MUSLIMS.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:37 - Oct 12 with 1272 viewsRevolutionaryJack

This has made my night sad i know but made me chuckle

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:54 - Oct 12 with 1269 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:43 - Oct 12 by monmouth

Indeed. You will just go back to where "you" were before you were born. How precious do people have to be to think there's a unique 'them' that endures. It's pretty clear from the brain research literature that we are just cells and chemicals and the 'you' that you think you are can be changed in a second as proved by brain injuries which have turned previously 'normal' people into paedohiles, violent loons and murderers. There is no 'you' that isn't a chemical accident. So, enjoy the moment. There is no better place for you and as the good Doc Winny said, believing so is a mental illness or a sign of utter desperation.

NB Other views are available.

Similar comments can be applied to any dogma either religious or scientific, these opposing poles are inhabited by the precious who crave the security blanket of absolute certainty and their view being totally correct to the extent of calling those who do not comply with their views mentally ill or their views rubbish. This has chilling overtones

Especially when there is much evidence of strong beliefs from both these extremes being repeatedly disproven. Scientific proof itself is based on empirical evidence which itself is affected by belief. What you see with your eyes is actually informed by what your brain expects that object to be (based on experience / belief). Also scientific proofs are built on previously accepted scientific proofs many of which are subsequently disproved by new scientific proof. Science is only at the current level of development of man and those that think we have already come as far as we can have no ambition.

It also seems a little disrespectful of genetic science to call our construct nothing but a chemical accident.
Something else to be concerned about... on 19:02 - Oct 12 with 1266 viewsKingBony

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:51 - Oct 12 by WarwickHunt

Arf.
Where do I say people have to agree with me?

It's a f*cking forum, you dopey c*nt.

You're the dopey Cu#t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024