Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get a grip. 17:04 - Nov 30 with 4629 viewsrsonist

Incredibly annoying result but not a disaster, not a debacle, and not the end of the world. Think back to the summer and we could be in a much, much worse state than we are in now. Do we still have to work out some issues? Absolutely. But the solutions are easily already there in the squad to dominate this division. Patience...
Get a grip. on 21:19 - Nov 30 with 1211 viewsMrNITK

Get a grip. on 17:53 - Nov 30 by QPR1882

Brighton at home was lucky

Now that is bollocks. We deserved 3 points in that game.
Get a grip. on 21:19 - Nov 30 with 1211 viewsWeaverQPR

Today was shite dress it up if u like but we was awful against a team who will he lucky yo stay up

@WeavQPR

Get a grip. on 21:25 - Nov 30 with 1202 viewsbenbu

A few things that frustrated me today...

1) o'neill and jenas don't actually do anything they seem to slowly move up and down the pitch without doing much. It's 2 positions in the team where we seem to carrying both players.

2) kranjcar left side... WHY??? Play him in the middle and drop one of the 2 above. We have swp or hoilett on the bench. Niko would only need to be in a position to create some magic he can't do that 40 yards from goal on the touch line. I would have him behind Austin Central using swp and hoilett on the wings supported by Barton and 1 other in central midfield

3) formation change. Why not start 4-3-3 today surprise doncaster and send a statement were here to win. Niko Charlie and AJ all start. Or 4-4-2 with 2 proper wingers just try something different and confuse the other team. We are organised and set in 4-5-1 but look so slow and lifeless and it takes an eternity to create anything.

Very frustrated like everyone today but agree Harry is doing a great job and were in a superb position we will have the odd defeat in this league

Onto Tuesday, surely AJ has to start this one and we need to start positively and go for it from the start
Get a grip. on 23:11 - Nov 30 with 1156 viewsBrightonhoop

Fir points Rsonist. Not good either though. The way to Promotion has always been win at home, draw away. Letting a 1 goal advantage turn into a defeat at Donny is poor. Given our resources it's very poor. And way off target for the objective of Promotion.
Get a grip. on 16:18 - Dec 1 with 1078 viewsderbyhoop

Get a grip. on 19:19 - Nov 30 by HollowayRanger

fair play to the donny

but they werent very good and are going finish bottom 6

if we played to halfway our ability we should have cruised that

but no we never got going and attack wise look so weak its embassing

just imagine if we lost austin for a month or two it would be a total disaster!!!!!!!!!

Where were Donny "not very good"?

They knocked the ball round well, they chased and harried and, at the end of the day, they had 4 shots on target compared with 1 from us, scored one more than us and took all 3 points.

The way we played in the second half, they thoroughly deserved it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Get a grip. on 17:40 - Dec 1 with 1042 viewsScarecrow

Get a grip. on 17:56 - Nov 30 by BuzsakyIsGod

None of the 1-0 wins were lucky. We got the ball in the net. The other teams didn't so we deserved the win. Simples.

"Reality" whatever anyone says, getting it in the net more times than the other team produces results. As you say Simples.
Get a grip. on 18:41 - Dec 1 with 1005 viewsjonno

Get a grip. on 17:21 - Nov 30 by olderR

I wish I knew how you can be so level headed about it.
Harry is supposed to be famous for teams with attacking flair and if our players are as good as their reputations and price tags we should be scoring more than one goal most games. I feel embarrassed when we bring on another expensive sub to try and get us out of the sh1t.
Once again 62% possession and one shot on target.
One up front is way teams play nowadays we are told, once again we go 4-4-2 when behind, so why not start with it.
Fed up with watching this lot strolling around.

Tend to agree with this. Yesterday was another poor performance and a shocking result given the relative strengths of the two sets of players on the pitch. And to concede twice to a team that only had 38% possession of the ball and given our much vaunted defence is unacceptable IMHO. Looking at Derby's progress and the fall in level of our performances since McLaren left it's difficult not to come to the conclusion that we're missing him on the coaching staff.
Get a grip. on 11:03 - Dec 2 with 926 viewsSomersetHoops

Problem is supporting QPR has become a form of masochism. Every season has its own problems. Even when we were playing good exciting football and got promotion under Warnock there was the points deduction possibility hanging over us making it difficult to enjoy followed by the lack of proper celebration due to the combination of Briatore, Ecclestone and the local councils tightness and lack of commitment to the club. We also hear that the various problems of loss of team spirit occurred as a result of the special treatment of some players in that period. Then there was the disastrous Hughes regime which left us as a severely damaged club.

Now we are assured team spirit has returned and Harry has a good group of lads as he says and he doesn't think he needs to strengthen or improve them in January. It could be that we are the victim of unexpected success resulting in a desire to play safe in an attempt to hold on to our position elevated beyond what our performances have deserved. This has resulted in boring predictable play and a lack of adventurous spark that all good teams have and is required to deliver entertaining play.

At the start of the season I wanted stability and a return to the feeling that we had a proper team and Harry seems to be delivering that, but at the expense of playing boring football. I wonder if a great deal of the apparent disinterest from our players is a result of them being told to always play safe, take no risks and don't try something adventurous in case it exposes us to a hammering. I didn't expect us to be challenging for automatic promotion this season from where we were, but I also didn't expect us to deliver such drab, boring performances as I have seen. We seem to have the players to really go for it, but I don't think they are being allowed to show what they are really capable of even if it means taking a few risks.

QPR have been a club that used to be recognised for having a few characters who could play good football and provide entertainment although consistency was often a problem and a good performance against top opposition was often followed by a bad performance against an ordinary team. I haven't been to or seen every game, but have yet to see a really good entertaining performance from our team this season - perhaps if there were any someone could tell me what I've missed.

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

Get a grip. on 11:10 - Dec 2 with 922 viewsPinnerPaul

Get a grip. on 17:50 - Nov 30 by HollowayRanger

take away our defence and we would be nowhere

all we seem to do s try to nick a goal and pray the defence is rock solid

Most teams would find it tricky without a defence!
Get a grip. on 11:44 - Dec 2 with 906 viewsPinnerPaul

No it wasn't - could have gone either way that one.
Get a grip. on 11:59 - Dec 2 with 894 viewsNorthernr

That Brighton home match would still be 0-0 if they were playing it now.

The big thing for me isn't whether we're winning or not, or whether we're going up or not, because frankly I didn't much care for the bloody Premier league. But I am tired of being bored at the football, and QPR are fcking boring at the moment.
Get a grip. on 12:50 - Dec 2 with 855 viewsbenbu

I would take a promotion rather than watching exciting attractive football. If QPR win on a Saturday afternoon im happy, if they play well its a bonus. If we lose im fed up (sometimes for days). football is about winning and results. You will have the odd blip and lose to a poor side like we did Saturday.
Get a grip. on 12:59 - Dec 2 with 848 viewsPommyhoop

Get a grip. on 12:50 - Dec 2 by benbu

I would take a promotion rather than watching exciting attractive football. If QPR win on a Saturday afternoon im happy, if they play well its a bonus. If we lose im fed up (sometimes for days). football is about winning and results. You will have the odd blip and lose to a poor side like we did Saturday.

THIS ^^^ Its all about winning and promotion for me and probably every other expat and oversea supporter. In the Prem I watched nearly every game on a real telly live.This year ive seen 1 live match on the telly and about 3 dodgy streams ( the last match's stream was pretty good as it goes but still froze out or went to adverts during play)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Get a grip. on 13:08 - Dec 2 with 834 viewsTW_R

Get a grip. on 11:59 - Dec 2 by Northernr

That Brighton home match would still be 0-0 if they were playing it now.

The big thing for me isn't whether we're winning or not, or whether we're going up or not, because frankly I didn't much care for the bloody Premier league. But I am tired of being bored at the football, and QPR are fcking boring at the moment.

Well, to be fair we were pretty f*cking boring for 15 years from about 1996. I'll take what we're watching today over 0-0 draws at home to Wycombe any day of the week.
Get a grip. on 13:25 - Dec 2 with 816 viewsToast_R

Still a long long way to go at the moment. I can see new players in January as this is Harry Redknapp in charge. I've a slight concern that Barton will be sold though as he's having a good season and someone in the Prem will be desperate enough to take a chance on him by then.

But what we really could do with right now is a Jim Magilton headbutt to wake the feckers up at half time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024