Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's ref 21:43 - Feb 2 with 696 viewskingsburyR

Was excellent.

Let the game flow and kept his cards in his pocket.

That is all,

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Yesterday's ref on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 681 viewsbosh67

Yes, another good one.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yesterday's ref on 22:24 - Feb 2 with 656 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's also easier to ref if you have two sides wanting to play football, and not wrestling with each other or doing swallow dives.

Having said that, there wasn't much he got wrong, we should have had Lee Mason in the stands watching as a student of how to ref a game properly and not be a show pony or a Man U supporter with a whistle.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 22:25]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Yesterday's ref on 22:40 - Feb 2 with 647 viewsNorthernr

Burnley were very upset with him in the first half for letting Barton off with a warning for two fouls, the first of which was probably a booking by itself, while booking Kightly immediately for his first foul of the match. TBF Kightly's was a deliberate shirt pull on a player that had beaten him which is pretty mandatory these days.

I thought he was excellent overall.
Yesterday's ref on 23:00 - Feb 2 with 628 viewsBasingstokeR

It feels like we've had two or three decent ones in a row, which feels alien. Hope it continues.
Yesterday's ref on 09:25 - Feb 3 with 572 viewssmegma

Yesterday's ref on 22:40 - Feb 2 by Northernr

Burnley were very upset with him in the first half for letting Barton off with a warning for two fouls, the first of which was probably a booking by itself, while booking Kightly immediately for his first foul of the match. TBF Kightly's was a deliberate shirt pull on a player that had beaten him which is pretty mandatory these days.

You could understand the Burnley fans feelings to be fair. I thought Bartons 2 fouls were worse than their yellow card and Doyles. But I couldn't understand some of their players feelings when they wanted literally EVERY indiscretion punished with a card. It was like we were playing Moan Utd at times.
Yesterday's ref on 09:58 - Feb 3 with 549 viewsbosh67

He was helped by the players. Barton went into a heavy tackle on a Burnley defender, immediately apologised to him. Defender made nothing of it. Barton pulled him up, they shook hands and got on with it. Burnley fans were too tired to get upset. Players played the game in an excellent spirit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yesterday's ref on 10:46 - Feb 3 with 515 viewsHAYESBOY

Did ok except for booking Doyle for absolutely nothing.

Shackell rolled around as though sledge hammered and Doyle never touched him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Yesterday's ref on 11:13 - Feb 3 with 489 viewsShotKneesHoop

Yesterday's ref on 10:46 - Feb 3 by HAYESBOY

Did ok except for booking Doyle for absolutely nothing.

Shackell rolled around as though sledge hammered and Doyle never touched him.

Doyle was late and stamped on his foot, He accepted the card without any moaning. Fair do's.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's ref on 18:05 - Feb 3 with 433 viewsterryb

Agree that I hardly noticed the ref, which means he was good.

Also, there did seem to be a lot of respect between all of the players. At the end of the game it looked like 21 of the players went & shook hands with all of the opponents (BAE being the exception). That hardly ever happens.
Yesterday's ref on 13:37 - Feb 4 with 361 viewsPinnerPaul

Correct Kightly's was USB all day long.

Neither of Barton's was reckless - and you can't call two fouls "persistently infringing the laws"

Finally this "involving the captain" chat that he did,is part of the respect guidelines for exactly this sort of situation.

1st foul has nothing to do with it, Doyle got carded , correctly, for his first foul because it was reckless.

I thought Mr East had an excellent game, the Hoilett "pen" shouts were dealt with correctly as well IMHO.

The first was more of a stumble and the 2nd was a coming together, not fouls but not simulation either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024